Orton Criticizes WWE Roster Depth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
That's all ya got to say? Come on man... debate with me, argue my points, show me where I am wrong and you are right. Don't puss out with that.

Your sig does make ya like a flamer though. And I guess you can't read. I didn't say I wanna punch my monitor. I said I wanted to punch you. Only a douche does those idiotic duck lips like that. And for a guy to do it is even worse, then to make it his sig? You just askin for trouble. So yeah not the monitor... Just you.

Chadillac

Reaction score
That's all ya got to say? Come on man... debate with me, argue my points, show me where I am wrong and you are right. Don't puss out with that.

Your sig does make ya like a flamer though. And I guess you can't read. I didn't say I wanna punch my monitor. I said I wanted to punch you. Only a douche does those idiotic duck lips like that. And for a guy to do it is even worse, then to make it his sig? You just askin for trouble. So yeah not the monitor... Just you.

Well you wont get to me. So ya, you can just punch your screen. And the only thing I have to say to shutt you down is the term "Structured Contracts". That is what protects the WWE from all of those absurd things you said. Vince learned from the 1996 situation with Nash and Hall. And also learned from the Rock and Brock situations. WWE now structures all contracts to prevent any unwanted outcomes. And If the WWE doesnt create new stars, they wont survive as a global powerhouse.

You have NO clue.

Altervers

Reaction score
Orton is right to say this however he needs to consider why this is so. To me at least it seems its because guys like Orton and Cena go over on everyone and as soon as someone starts to gain some heat or popularity they kill. Either that or creative doesn't give anyone a decent story or character to work with that will allow them to get over. Way to many guys don't get their chance until most of the interest in them has faded, that more then any other contributing factor leads to a stale product imo.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well you wont get to me. So ya, you can just punch your screen. And the only thing I have to say to shutt you down is the term "Structured Contracts". That is what protects the WWE from all of those absurd things you said. Vince learned from the 1996 situation with Nash and Hall. And also learned from the Rock and Brock situations. WWE now structures all contracts to prevent any unwanted outcomes. And If the WWE doesnt create new stars, they wont survive as a global powerhouse.

You have NO clue.

First... you still look like a high school douche.

Secondly... what Vince learned from 96... don't just accept handshakes. What he learned from Rude... no compete clauses. And ... I'm not exactly sure what you going on about with structured contracts cause... you brought up 96... Brock left after Mania XX after being on top of the wrestling world. Structured contract didn't hold him down. Jeff hardy was on the run of his life... he left, came back, and left still a top dog. "Strucutred contracts" or whatever you brought up isn't going to prevent anything like what Brock did from happening. Isn't gonna prevent anything like what Jeff did from happening. The no compete clause is the only safe net cause any sort of streak they were on... after 90 days off tv that heat can start to simmer down. Look at Mr. Anderson. He was groomed as being the next future star before he was let go. After his clause ran out... TNA.

So... not sure where at all you are going. But in the end... Orton was right in everything that he said.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Orton is right to say this however he needs to consider why this is so. To me at least it seems its because guys like Orton and Cena go over on everyone and as soon as someone starts to gain some heat or popularity they kill. Either that or creative doesn't give anyone a decent story or character to work with that will allow them to get over. Way to many guys don't get their chance until most of the interest in them has faded, that more then any other contributing factor leads to a stale product imo.

I see you making a good point there. But WWE is finally starting to build new main event stars. The sad thing about it is that they were supposed to do it earlier.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I see you making a good point there. But WWE is finally starting to build new main event stars. The sad thing about it is that they were supposed to do it earlier.

Better now than do what essentially WCW did. Build 1 star.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar had a 10 year no compete clause dumbass. He left in '04, and it took him 3 years to get a judge to rule that the UFC did not constitue "Competition".

Contracts are now revised to cover that situation as well. Not every contract is, but the ones that the WWE really invest in, their contracts are so damn binding that they are basicly property of the WWE.

And Name one damn star that left WWE and made TNA a credible threat. NOT ONE. TNA does not exist to the WWE. No matter who has left WWE, and gone to TNA, they have never broken more than a 1.4 rating. Infact, a 1.0 is considered success for TNA.

Vince will gladly give TNA his old trash, let them get huge contracts with TNA and weigh them down with those heavy contracts that produce no results what so ever.

Stop trying to throw BS at the wall hoping it will stick B/C your not arguing with a dumbass.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't like to discuss ratings, I like to discuss what I see on TV. One guy that has went on to excel in TNA after floundering in WWE is Matt Morgan. There is an exception to the rule if you keep turning every into some business talk I'll just start tuning out. I'm fan of wrestling, I don't care about casuals. Don't make me try.

Chadillac

Reaction score
I don't like to discuss ratings, I like to discuss what I see on TV. One guy that has went on to excel in TNA after floundering in WWE is Matt Morgan. There is an exception to the rule if you keep turning every into some business talk I'll just start tuning out. I'm fan of wrestling, I don't care about casuals. Don't make me try.

I understand. It's like Democrats Vs Republicans.

Republicans are interested in entertaining lies.
Democrats are interested in facts.

You know why that is? Because to many facts get in the way of the lies that entertain you.

If the facts get in the way of what you want to pettle, you shutt down.

Very telling......

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Chad is a dumbass..

But I'll explain why later!!! Up next, Slim delivering more of the good stuff!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think most of my points are rather solid stuff but you are right I'd rather believe in interesting stuff that isn't true than believe in boring garbage.

Oh what was this thread about Orton criticizing talent... Well nobody is really on his level on SD!. He's kind head and shoulders above the mid carders and well Henry and Show. What else is he gonna say in a WWE magazine?

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
What else is he gonna say in a WWE magazine?

Something like this:
I'm the best around here. Nobody is better than me. I'm the money pumping machine, I'm the one how caries this company on his shoulders. If there wasn't for me and my oiled-up ass,there won't be any WWE.

Chadillac

Reaction score
I think most of my points are rather solid stuff but you are right I'd rather believe in interesting stuff that isn't true than believe in boring garbage.

Oh what was this thread about Orton criticizing talent... Well nobody is really on his level on SD!. He's kind head and shoulders above the mid carders and well Henry and Show. What else is he gonna say in a WWE magazine?

Well, to be fair; I can NEVER prove you wrong subjectively. But I hate subjective arguments. They can't be won.

So how does one win?

By turning the conversation from subjective rhetoric, to objective writing.

The objective facts can not be dicounted or denied. The only place someone would have a place to hide from them, is to state they will ignore them. So if that is the case, you can keep on hiding and I am done.

But the topic it hand is a good enough topic to write about so I will keep it there from now on.

I think you made the solid point earlier that this was quoted out of WWE magazine....

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Funny how Orton talks about WWE grooming new stars now and not having anyone to work with, when his hissyfits turned the brass sour on a few guys he couldn't put over properly the last few years.

Sounds like a 96 era Shawn Michaels imo.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Funny how Orton talks about WWE grooming new stars now and not having anyone to work with, when his hissyfits turned the brass sour on a few guys he couldn't put over properly the last few years.

Sounds like a 96 era Shawn Michaels imo.

Or Hulk Hogan from early '99.

But WWE magazine needs crap like this to sell, so I don't know what to make of it.

Either they gave him the go ahead to say what was on his mind, knowing it would be controversal,

Or they instucted him to say it.

Either way, it accomplished it's desired goal.

I think that if it was sincere, It's revealing of a very defensive tone.

Part of this is normal for every top wrestler to experience.

You look back and romanticize about your rise. And all the legends who put you over. Then you reach the top and reap the benifits of becoming top dog.

And one day, you wake up and see that there is nothing left to be accomplished. Now eveybody else looks younger and hungrier, and you look like old news.

It's changing.