Orton Criticizes WWE Roster Depth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Orton's best year was this past year and I think he has it in him to top it. I really hope you aren't taking his rise to the top in 2009 over how awesome his matches were last year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Of course it's not fair, you're tongue is so far up Cody's arse that anybody who has a negative opinion on him you immediately disagree.

I love how you try and put down Orton as if his career is going downhill from now on. The guy had an awesome 2011 and he's only 31, so should be starting to hit his prime.

Don't go overboard in saying that his name was being roared at MSG will you, nor acknowledge the fact of how smarky the crowd was.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Of course it's not fair, you're tongue is so far up Cody's arse that anybody who has a negative opinion on him you immediately disagree.

I love how you try and put down Orton as if his career is going downhill from now on. The guy had an awesome 2011 and he's only 31, so should be starting to hit his prime.

Don't go overboard in saying that his name was being roared at MSG will you, nor acknowledge the fact of how smarky the crowd was.

We all need to recognise that every wrestlers has their best year and then they flatten out, and become stale with in a couple years.

SCSA: '99

HHH: '00

Rock: '00

Cena: '08

Orton: '09

Those were each of those wrestlers' peak years, and after that your trend flattens off, and with in a couple years you become stale.

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. I can objectively prove everything I said above. While you can be as subjective as you want.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Other than Triple H and maybe The Rock I don't think any of that list is based on wrestling.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Orton's best year character wise was 09 but his best year in ring wise was last year without question. Cena's best year 08? 07 was his best in ring wise without question and character wise take your pick between 03-05. Austin 99 wasn't Austin's best year in ring wise or character wise imo. Fact of the matter is I'm not gonna sit here and seriously think that a 31 year old guy who just entered his prime from an in ring standpoint is past his prime.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Other than Triple H and maybe The Rock I don't think any of that list is based on wrestling.

The WWE has to change the guard every 5 years. It's usually 3 years of wrestlers rising and peaking, then 2 years of transistion. It cant be based on wrestling skills, it must be based on the public demand for a fresh product.

Fans have been leaving for two years B/C the product was not refreshed to an adequet level.

That is the WWE's main concern, not a wrestler's ability to wrestler at a high level.

It's not the 80's or early 90's anymore. The product is exposed to a much much much higher level.

When you understand this, you will begin to understand why the WWE makes the discisions they do.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Orton's best year character wise was 09 but his best year in ring wise was last year without question. Cena's best year 08? 07 was his best in ring wise without question and character wise take your pick between 03-05. Austin 99 wasn't Austin's best year in ring wise or character wise imo. Fact of the matter is I'm not gonna sit here and seriously think that a 31 year old guy who just entered his prime from an in ring standpoint is past his prime.

Again boss, I do NOT want to get on your bad side, but I am a relentless debater. It's all in fun, not argument.

Just read what I wrote to MR. KeepingItFresh about the importance of "refreshing the product", and you will understand it has zero to do with wrestling ability. It has EVERYTHING to do with keeping up with the fans demand for new and fresh stars.

Rock peaked at 28, and HHH peaked at 29.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The WWE has to change the guard every 5 years. It's usually 3 years of wrestlers rising and peaking, then 2 years of transistion. It cant be based on wrestling skills, it must be based on the public demand for a fresh product.

Fans have been leaving for two years B/C the product was not refreshed to an adequet level.

That is the WWE's main concern, not a wrestler's ability to wrestler at a high level.

It's not the 80's or early 90's anymore. The product is exposed to a much much much higher level.

When you understand this, you will begin to understand why the WWE makes the discisions they do.

Only thing I understand is you don't watch wrestling for wrestling.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Only thing I understand is you don't watch wrestling for wrestling.

Ive been watching for 14 years. And I am proud to understand the business aspect of it at well.

Its like loving your country and knowing how it's ran. Its best that way.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I actually understand most of what you are saying about the business side, I just don't care about it. This drawing power, rating garbage... It shouldn't effect your view on the current product. This last year the wrestling quality for WWE was the best since 2007 if you count how awesome Cena was there or going back to 2004. That is what should really matter to a damn fan.

Casuals aren't real fans in my eyes anyways.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. I can objectively prove everything I said above. While you can be as subjective as you want.
Nowhere did I state my OPINIONS were FACTS unlike you who is trying to shove his opinions onto us as facts.

Chadillac

Reaction score
I actually understand most of what you are saying about the business side, I just don't care about it. This drawing power, rating garbage... It shouldn't effect your view on the current product. This last year the wrestling quality for WWE was the best since 2007 if you count how awesome Cena was there or going back to 2004. That is what should really matter to a damn fan.

Casuals aren't real fans in my eyes anyways.

I'm not a casual if thats what you meant. I could easily argue that not only loving the entertainment, but taking the time to understand the business side, and love that as well, makes me twice the fan you are. But that would not be true. What is true however, is caring about the business aspect puts me in a better position to understand why certain descisions are made, and why others SHOULD be made. NONE of that makes me a better fan, or a smarter person than you or anybody else.

Fans represent themselves in different styles. We should appreciate eachother.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am another that thinks Orton had his best inring year last year. His matches with Christian especially were off the charts and it was one of the better feuds in WWE last year.

The problem with some of his feuds last year was that he started puting over guys but then in the end he finished with the win. Rhodes is the best example in my view, Cody looked positively awesome against Orton attacking him week after week getting the upper hand on him but then Orton won the final PPV match between them. In my opinion, not claiming it is a fact :p , it would have been better if Cody went over. It would have moved him further up the card and I firmly believe that someone as over as Orton (and Cena) can lose every match for three months straight and they would still be over as a top guy.

If in 2012 he keeps up the inring quality that would be fantastic for WWE but I want to see him on the losing end of a few more feuds.