Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Another good smack down this week. Some good solid matches.
I thought the R-truth would have got a better reaction from the crowd but they were just not having any of it was near enough verging on silence. Shame i like him and think he is pretty good in the ring hope he gets pushed better. Kenny is back and id like to see him get a bit of a push he is talented hope he doesn't just be a jobber.
HHH vs Shelton I thought it was a good match and Shelton was kicking Trips arse for most of the match so made Shelton look good. Trips was always gonna get the pin but i think Shelton looked strong in this match.
Hardy vs MVP they put on a good match lots of back and forth and near pins pretty solid they work well together.

ryanlonie

Reaction score
Triple H is not working every week because age is catching up to him and all the years in the business are beginning to take its toll so now even when he is 100 % healthy he still feels very beat up so they need to keep him fresh since he needs to be able to perform because he is the champ

Reaction score
why are they starting up an undertaker/big show feud?deadman always cleans big show's clock.looks like they could at least bring somebody else to feud with the deadman.

JayScorpion

Reaction score
i wanted to make a comment on THE Brian Kendrick. i think he's gotten alot better over the last few weeks. and i was very sketchy bout him bein in the scramble BUT i think he was (pardon the pun) the SD Scramble MVP. i think though a US Title is better for him right now.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i agree US title would be better for him right now. But saying that I can see Shelton holding that title for awhile even though i don't like the guy. He has come on loads over the last few weeks especially his mic work. I think he will hold the US for awhile. But when he does drop it id like to see Kendrick have it. Coz MVP, Shelton, Jeff etc are working on hitting regular ME status.

Cayse

Reaction score
www.wrestlezone.com

WWE Heavily Edits This Week's Friday Night SmackDown
09/13/2008 by Tim Brown

Thanks to Gregory Davis and PWInsider.com for the following:

-- First, to start the show, Triple H came out to the "King of Kings" music. I'm 100% sure of that. If he actually came out to "The Game", he would have done the full entrance bit with the water bottle. So I'm not sure why they dubbed in "The Game" for the TV airing.

-- Jesse put the tape on Kenny's mouth more than once, so the first attempt must not have been that good.

-- When Shelton Benjamin came out for the main event, he wore the US title belt upside down, as shown in this photo I took. For the main part of the entrance on TV, it looks like they used some older footage. Notice the Jeff Hardy sign that isn't there for the other three, including Jeff himself. You can also tell when it's the original footage again. When Shelton takes the belt off, he unhooks it with his right hand, and holds it with his left, never changing the orientation. Notice how the pointed end of the belt is facing upward.

Here is the pic of Shelton the guys took.
dsc07689wt7.jpg

I find it hilarious how WWE spends so much time trying to pick out every flaw in editing, but yet they miss the biggest flaw of them all, the lack of tag teams, the seperation of the women's division, the pathetic story lines, oh and lets not for HHH burying everyone like there is no tomorrow.

So his belts upside down, who flipping cares, he's gonna take it off anyways, and I doubt anyone who watched it on television noticed unless they are just as flaw picky as the WWE.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Course it matters if his belt upside down for fuck sake it not a 2 bit company. He would look a tool coming out with his belt upside down. It wont have killed his push coz its been edited so no one will have know till it was posted on the net. But thats why he isn't wwe champ just yet, Silly mistakes like that can cost him dearly. I mean how hard is it to put ya belt on the right way.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I have to agree. Stupid shit like that is why Shelton isn't a main eventer and shouldn't be. How the fuck do you come out with the belt upside down? I mean that's just stupid. You gotta wonder how he even got out without anyone noticing that.

seX-Power

lol, Shelton must be crapping himself right now... and he was smiling when he was doing his entrance...

did Carlito look a little out of shape and pale to anybody?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Personally I thought Carlito looked good. He appears to have lost some weight, which isn't necissarily a bad thing. I always thought he was verging on being a little chunky and now he does look a lot lighter. I also liked that he was wearing pants. I like it when wrestlers change their look a little bit, I think this will be a good thing for Carlito in the long run.

C4

Sad that Shelton didn't even look at his belt during the entrance, it's funny that he got it upside down... lol

And yeah, Carlito does look out of shape, maybe it's better for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.