***Official Save_Us.222 / Saviour_Self.222 News & Rumor Thread***

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Its true the wwe have done angles like this before with Jericho/tazz, but ROH's verison was a upgraded version. It was a "invasion by a faction" THey had their own website and blog which gave clues almost daily. I think one of the best parts is that it wasn't spoiled, and honestly just about everyone was clueless. Sure a couple people said each guy indivdaully, but i didnt see anyone guess those three together.

Come on Trav, People saw a 3 sec promo, that had NOTHING to do with Jericho, and yet Everyone guessed it right away. NOW, if the wwe does anything other than Jericho it will be a letdown (ala Hornswoggle, when the Wisconson fans were Chanting "Kennedy, Kennedy"

Rell

Reaction score
I understand that, but Ring Of Honor just ran an angle like this. The fact that WWE officials attended the ROH shows and now we're seeing this angle is kind of suspect. Especially when it comes to the name, Save Us? The similarities are there.

Again, I have no problem with the angle being "borrowed" I just think if TNA were doing an angle like this as opposed to WWE, they would be getting ripped apart by WWE fans for being "un-original" Its almost a double standard.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Jericho debuted in Chicago at 1999 in the All State Arena.

No Mercy ironically enough, is in Chicago in the All State Arena.

Travis40

I understand that, but Ring Of Honor just ran an angle like this. The fact that WWE officials attended the ROH shows and now we're seeing this angle is kind of suspect. Especially when it comes to the name, Save Us? The similarities are there.

Again, I have no problem with the angle being "borrowed" I just think if TNA were doing an angle like this as opposed to WWE, they would be getting ripped apart by WWE fans for being "un-original" Its almost a double standard.

Montana...the vid was 17 seconds...

And to Rell....Rell Rell Rell....:no:...WWE came up with this idea before ROH did. They did this stuff back in '99 when Jericho was going to debut. ROH ripped this off from WWE. I have no problem with angles and storylines being ripped off. But I did have a problem with the ending of uh...TNA's PPV where the NWA Title Match was Angle/Cage/Sting where the ending was where Angle or Sting was pinned and Cage tapped.

There is no way that you can compare Jimmy Jacobs in his prime with Chris Jericho in his prime. If you want to see Jericho in his prime, look at his matches with HHH, look at the WrestleMania XIX DVD where Jericho/HBK happened. That match was the WWE MOTY for sure. Sure Jimmy Jacobs is awesome, but no one can compare to Chris Jericho at all. I'd even go as far as to say that I think that Chris Jericho is better than Shawn Michaels and is possibly better than Bret Hart.

So if you try to say that ROH's idea was ripped off by WWE...you're full of shit or just plain Blue, becuase it's been established already that WWE was doing this in 1999 when ROH hadn't even been thought of. So here's you conclusion, SAVE_US.222 > Age of the Fall...because IMO AOTF was a giant letdown because it didn't involve anyone big, this is involving possibly the best wrestler ever, Chris Jericho.

But anyways here's my idea on what the opening promo for Jericho on his first Raw after he returns.........

Jericho will say that he's back......blah blah blah....assclown.....WWE Title....Mongoose McQueen.....Fozzy......Dildo.....then someone comes out and talks about how Jericho looks like a queer with his new haircut (BTW if you haven't seen it yet...you're Blue).

Jericho: I'M HERE, I'M QUEER.....I'LL FUCK YOUR ASS HARDER THAN IRON SHEIK.

Rell

Reaction score
ROH didn't rip anything, Jericho's debut on RAW was far different than the ROH angle. Why are we kidding ourselves. Its obvious, we all know WWE officials were present during the whole project 161 thing, hell they even showed interest in Morishima. Its no secret.

Oh, is Jericho in his prime....exactly, NEXT!

This Guy

This could end up being just like when the WWE did the GTV thing.... we never did find out who was responsible for that. THis could end up being exactly the same.

Travis40

^I swear to god I think JR was in the whole GTV thing. No doubt in my mind, JR set those cameras up around the arena...becuase he's a naughty boy, but back to this topic. Jericho in his prime would be better than anyone else in the world in their prime.

Rell

Reaction score
That an arguable statement, but Jericho is not in his prime is he? I'm a pretty weird wrestling fan, big names don't really matter to me. If a guy can wrestle, he can wrestle.

Travis40

^Same here, I don't care if it's Shawn Michaels or Billy Kidman, if the guy can wrestle, then fucking put him in the ring with someone like London or Noble and then have a great match.

btman

Reaction score
Stop speculating its jericho. IT IS JERICHO GOD DAMN IT. Now i feel much better lol. My question is will he turn up at no mercy or cyber sunday? Id say cyber sunday casue no mercy is only 11 days away and wwe doing 2 weeks worth of promos for his return is silly. A month -5 weeks worth of promos is more a big star style comeback. PLus it wuill make sense at cyber sunday cause he will challenge roton for the wwe title. I think there will be 3 options. Cena hhh and kennedy. Cena will be out filming the new film he is in so he is just there to foool us i say jerihco is really cena's replacement so to speak. Cena will be the smoke screen. I dont think y2j will win the match vs orton for the title but orton will get dq'd on purpose to keep the title.

If its not Jericho, you die

:2gunsfiring_v1:

Rell

Reaction score
Real talk, please tell me how this isn't a rip from project 161. WWE officials (talent scouts, and writers) were in attendance at the shows where the angle surfaced, Coincidence....I think not!

Project 161 was based on small clues much like this original "Save Us" idea I'm hearing about

Look at the damn names (Project 161- Save Us 222) No similarities at all O_O ....Abused Society!!!!

The clues tie into the names & locations of upcoming shows, much like Project 161 did, with 161 being the 161st show and it was located in Chicago, and I believe 161 is an are code in Chi-Town.

Of coarse its not entirely the same concept, but to say that there isn't similarities is just delusional. I know you guys love WWE to the point where its almost a an unhealthy obsession, but this is obvious. Even the news sites are calling this the WWE's "version" of Project 161 so my opinion actually holds weight. Its not like I'm talking out of my ass here....

We all know similar angles have been done in the past but for an angle with this many similarities to just pop up at this time is strange, and believe me its no coincidence.

OK I'm done :shifty:

Montana

I hear Jericho has signed and he will be at NO Mercy.

Sounds good to me.

3lions

Reaction score
*** Saviour_Self.222 Discussion [May Contain Spoilers] ***

Well the Spoiler section is still unavailable, so I'm creating a new thread in here about it. This thread can then be merged with the previous thread regarding the Save_Us.222 thread, if necessary. This may contain spoilers, so if you don't want to be spoiled, get out now!

I'm guessing most people will have seen the Saviour_Self.222 video promo which aired on Raw last night. If not, here's the link:
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/none/2007/october1-7/5552148

After watching this video's, the Jericho reference's were still there for all to see, but this video took a new twist, making many reference's (or so I believe), to Shawn Michaels. Now, this promo could just be a swerve away from Jericho, or it could be another a possible way for HBK to return. But I am leaning towards another option ... The reference's to Shawn Michaels could serve another purpose; to help debut ... The Hart Foundation Vol.2.

These were a few of the new clues which came from the video last night:

8.2.11 = H.B.K (in the alphabet)
grand_slam = Shawn Michels is a 'Grand slam winner'
saviour_self = Reference to HBK's Religious belief's.
survivor = Reference to 'Montreal Screwjob' when HBK screwed Bret at Survivor Series
sapphire = Sapphire's are mainly blue, but can also come in pink, Hart Foundation's primary colour

Now maybe I am reading too much into it and it is just to throw us off Jericho's return, but I think that's too simple. I think that WWE are playing off Jericho's popularity and his history of jumping on Internet buzz (he's made several reference's on his site about this promo), to help this new Faction debut. Now I know that they are scheduled to debut on SD! in November, but that could also be a swerve. And remember the voice in the save_Us.222 promo last week which said 'I'm Back'? Bret hart was rumoured to be interested in making a short number of appearance's to help introduce the Faction. And if WWE were to debut the group in a feud with Shawn Michaels, this would be the perfect opportunity.

Anyway, what do you think? Is It The Hart Foundation? Is it Jericho? Is it somebody else? Discuss.

Note: post any idea's/theories/news in this thread.