Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

Wow, no Candlemass listed for 2009 albums? Death Magic Doom. Good shit.

Best doom band ever = Electric Wizard. They make me come all over the place. Fucking epic.

Kizza

Wow, no Candlemass listed for 2009 albums? Death Magic Doom. Good shit.

Best doom band ever = Electric Wizard. They make me come all over the place. Fucking epic.

Thanks for that.

Megadeth takes a dump and puts out your Candlemass :0

Ballin

Reaction score
Mastodon
Dethklok
Suffocation
Immortal
Kreator
Beherit
KsE
Behemoth
Cannibal Corpe
Municipal Waste
God Forbid
Lamb of God
Megadeth

Suicide Silence (notice this not bold? thats caz it sucks)

This was off top of my head, prolly more.

Seriously I'll have to check it out and if I like it enough will most likely go for sure cuase how many chances do you get to see Megadeath and Suicide Silence together? Not alot plus I been waitin for Suicide Silence to make there pit stop in Grand Rapids.

Seriously, i hope this is the only time.

Wordlife

^great list... that would be pretty much exactly how mine would be for this year as well

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Have you listened to the rest of Love Drunk yet? I know the lead single was completely whack, but the rest of the album is actually pretty alright, although not as good as BLG.

Other bands I thought put out good stuff that you might not have heard were Chevelle and Taking Back Sunday.

Getting bne tomorrow.

I haven't listened to BLG yet, but I'll probably stay in 2006 mode by listening to 5 Minutes to Midnight and Thunder instead of their new one.

Taking Back Sunday has a special spot in my heart because they're from Long Island (which is huge) and they started everything for me. New Again was alright, way better then Louder Now (which sucked ass) but not even close to Tell All Your Friends. (the blueprint for every band of the genre)

I never liked Chevelle. I don't really like that kind of southern rock, I guess.

I Dl'ed the new Every Time I Die, I have high hopes for that. I also didn't even realize that Saosin, Alexisonfire, and August Burns Red dropped new ones this year.

Soulpower

Dethalbum II=MOST BRUTAL ALBUM THIS YEAR!

No joke. Its f'n awesome.

Reaction score
Chevelle and all the other "post-grunge butt rock" bands can take a header from an 8th story window for all I care.

Listen to Behemoth and Nile instead.

J

Mastodon
Dethklok
Suffocation
Immortal
Kreator
Beherit
KsE
Behemoth
Cannibal Corpe
Municipal Waste
God Forbid
Lamb of God
Megadeth

Suicide Silence (notice this not bold? thats caz it sucks)

This was off top of my head, prolly more.

Seriously, i hope this is the only time.

We learned long ago your opinion on music mean's nothing. Your a plain idiot. The Suicide Silence album was better then almost every album you listed. Dumb ass.

noumenon

Fuck Suicide Silence.
Matter of fact fuck all these bands with the EXACT SAME pig growl/high pitched scream vocals, the sludgy repetitive guitar.
This whole new era grindcore movement is fucking garbage.

And yes...Job For A Cowboy blows too.