Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
...did you just refer to Chevelle as...southern rock?

I say Southern Rock for anything that sounds like Tool and I don't like. IDK why, but anything that's rougher and louder is "southern" to me. that's bands like 10 years, Tool, Staind and sometimes Breaking Benjamin are like that for me.

HORSE The Band and Fall of Troy drop new ones next week. I want to hear that.

J

Fuck Suicide Silence.
Matter of fact fuck all these bands with the EXACT SAME pig growl/high pitched scream vocals, the sludgy repetitive guitar.
This whole new era grindcore movement is fucking garbage.

And yes...Job For A Cowboy blows too.

Suicide Silence has there own distinct sound as to the other bands or do you not pay attention to anything besides the style of scream like say Riff's for example. :smh

noumenon

They sound like everything else out there right now, just admit it..lol

gurgle growl gurgle RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAH ::ch..chuga..cha chuga da dum dum chuga:: gurrrrrrgggggggggllllleeee RRRWWWWRRAAAA!!!!!!

Kizza

I just realized i'm not a massive fan of real heavyish stuff (well, compared to shit like TDG and Megadeth :D) I don't find myself enjoying stuff like Suicide Silence's new album (Cleansing was good though) or any of that kinda stuff.

I like my Megadeth heavy standard :D.

Southern Rock is like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster.

Love me some Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster :D.

noumenon

Don't get me wrong, I love me some brutal heavy shit from time to time. But this new stuff is just plain garbage. Every band's vocalist sounds exactly the same.
Their first album is chock full of shitty wanna be At The Gates alternate picking riffs.
Then when they realize they can't do that their second album is always more br00tal filled with sluggish shitty pseudo hardcore breakdowns.

And you must have EAR PLUGZZZZ to be in the band.
And your t-shirts, they can't have ANYTHING to do with the band.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I always go with pop/melody over heavyness, whether it's punk, metal or German techno. most of the "OMG Dropped C!" hardcore tuning is so lame. and the bands try to be badass so hard, it's almost to the point how some white rappers are.

Kizza

Heaviest band I like is probably The Devil Wears Prada. I like alot of melody in my music, such as Children of Bodom & In Flames.

J

I'm a fan of bad ass breakdowns and Suicide Silence has a bunch of good ones and Parkway Drive I just found them but Boneyards has the sickest breakdown I have ever heard and they only sound the same if you don't listen to the music and lyrics.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Heaviest band I like is probably The Devil Wears Prada. I like alot of melody in my music, such as Children of Bodom & In Flames.

MELODY.

NEEDS MORE SINGING.

This.

I don't mind some of them, but any band who's singer simply screams throughout the whole song will never grab my attention as much as a band that mixes it up with screaming, melody, and some clean vocals.

I was actually listening to In Flames when I saw Kizza's post, and had just been listening to TDWP right before that as well.

noumenon

TDWP is fucking atrocious.
In Flames are my boys and have been my favorite band since Whoracle.

Reaction score
If you want melody and brutality, look no further than Amon Amarth. They have fans that range from 16 year old girls to 30 year old 'banger dudes that grew up on Pantera, Death, Morbid Angel, etc.

Amon Amarth kill. It's that simple.