Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
so I've listened to a little bit of Lovehatehero lately. They're pretty good, like pop-hardcore. and I dl'ed the Fall of Troy's and HORSE The Band's new ones too. anyone like these guys?

Kizza

New artist announcement for Soundwave:

ANTHRAX WITH JOHN BUSH
SET YOUR GOALS
PLACEBO
MOTOR CITY SOUNDTRACK
CLOSURE IN MOSCOW
ENTER SHIKARI
SHINEDOWN

PeepShow

New artist announcement for Soundwave:

SET YOUR GOALS
ENTER SHIKARI

WHAT THE FUCK

fgirshgtoergbvhckihxt8r9yfhdcvjknhfuderyedcbvkjghyedhc'v
bj
cvhioefsdvhb8uyr[eofscj'vh nkB
hefdvbhg]
yfhedvsbhgri'dsg
vbhgj
v
b

Reaction score
Can I just say how tired I am of "Post Grunge Butt Rock" bands?

Seether, Hinder, 10 Years, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle and Finger Eleven are not playing anything worth your time or money. They're fucking awful.

I get the impression that when they sign their contracts and their souls (in terms of artistic freedom and originality) away to a Billboard Record label company, they have to follow a certain "trend" to be marketable:

1: Lead Singer must sound EXACTLY like every other lead singer and must try to rip off Kurt Cobain's raspy, shitty vocals.
2: Must have songs about pill and drug abuse, because Bilboard/Radio only wants to promote anti-drug bands.
3: Must have simple drum fills and easy to play rythyms.
4: Drop D guitar? We can never have enough bands with drop D!!
5: Must not ever progress into metal or "extreme" territory by speeding up and playing non-marketable sounds.
6: When asked,you must claim that you ARE metal, even though everybody knows you're just trying to be grunge, 13 years after it had run it's course. (see: Breaking Benjamin)

Post Grunge Butt Rock blows. Rant over.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Can I just say how tired I am of "Post Grunge Butt Rock" bands?

Seether, Hinder, 10 Years, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle and Finger Eleven are not playing anything worth your time or money. They're fucking awful.

I get the impression that when they sign their contracts and their souls (in terms of artistic freedom and originality) away to a Billboard Record label company, they have to follow a certain "trend" to be marketable:

1: Lead Singer must sound EXACTLY like every other lead singer and must try to rip off Kurt Cobain's raspy, shitty vocals.
2: Must have songs about pill and drug abuse, because Bilboard/Radio only wants to promote anti-drug bands.
3: Must have simple drum fills and easy to play rythyms.
4: Drop D guitar? We can never have enough bands with drop D!!
5: Must not ever progress into metal or "extreme" territory by speeding up and playing non-marketable sounds.
6: When asked,you must claim that you ARE metal, even though everybody knows you're just trying to be grunge, 13 years after it had run it's course. (see: Breaking Benjamin)

Post Grunge Butt Rock blows. Rant over.

yeah, I pretty much despise all those bands you listed. BB is OK, but they get boring easy. most of the bands singers try to sound more like Eddie Vedder, but all the music is interchangeable.

MOTOR CITY SOUNDTRACK

do you mean Motion City Soundtrack?

that festival sounds like Super Warped Tour or Australian Bamboozle. Jane's Addiction, ADTR, Taking Back, TDWP, Paramore, Motion City, and the Almost is fucking insane. I have break that week probably, I guess I'll boat my way to Australia. I'll start now.

Kizza

yeah, I pretty much despise all those bands you listed. BB is OK, but they get boring easy. most of the bands singers try to sound more like Eddie Vedder, but all the music is interchangeable.

do you mean Motion City Soundtrack?

that festival sounds like Super Warped Tour or Australian Bamboozle. Jane's Addiction, ADTR, Taking Back, TDWP, Paramore, Motion City, and the Almost is fucking insane. I have break that week probably, I guess I'll boat my way to Australia. I'll start now.

Yeah, my bad.

I enjoy me some Breaking Benjamin, Seether and Chevelle, but not enough to hold my attention for very long. I <3 Jars though.

Wordlife

^Breaking Benjamin is great! Phobia is one helluva album...Chevelle is good too, I love Vena Sera... and The Disclaimer by Seether is a GREAT album

Reaction score
^No, they're all shit. Drop D guitar tuning, pathetic drums, Nirvana 3 chord song structure and a lead singer trying to rip off Kurt Cobain by sounding nasally or raspy. They try to be "metal" by getting on tv and holding up the "horns". They fail miserably. It's shit in a box that's bland, uninspired and too simple sounding. It's not lyrically challenging or the least thought provoking. It's mainstream, therefore it caters down to the lowest level of intellect.

Do yourselves a favor and turn off the radio when you're in your car next time. Music is more than just filler, it's a soundtrack to your life. Why listen to shit that doesn't make you feel something? People need to move on from Post Grunge Butt Rock. I'll take the worst '80's one hit wonders over hearing 3 Days Grace pretending they're "metal".

Kizza

See, over here it's different. I have never heard a Chevelle song, a Breaking Benjamin song, a Seether song, a Three Days Grace song on the radio. Literally all over the radio here is Pink, Lady Gaga, Lilly Allen etc. There is basically nothing with a guitar that is decent in sight. We have so little choice over here.

And working in a supermarket, I am now up to date with all the latest music. Makes me sad :(. I'd successfully avoided listening to the radio for 4 years. Now I get the songs stuck in my head.

straight_edge76

Kind of curious.. What is everyone's opinion on Chris Daughtry's band... With the oh-so original name Daughtry? I know he was an american idol dude and what not but I do like his music.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Kind of curious.. What is everyone's opinion on Chris Daughtry's band... With the oh-so original name Daughtry? I know he was an american idol dude and what not but I do like his music.

lol, Daughtry is that kind of radio rock I don't like at all. it's great he has a real career, but I could care less.

I love pop radio. those songs are supposed to get stuck in your head, no big deal. Party In The USA has been playing nonstop for the past month in my head, it's ridiculous. but then I'll follow it up with TDWP or Underoath to maintain my sanity.

and... All We Know Is Falling > Brand New Eyes, I think.