Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

This thread can be used as the official thread of the National Hockey League. Talk about your favorite teams, players, and even rivalries here.
The season starts October 4th when the New York Rangers take on the Tampa bay Lightning.

chessarmy

^ fuck the Rangers.

I'm really pumped up for this season. The Devils got 2 great veterans over the summer, and our defense could be good if Martin, Oduya, and White step it up. Marty will be great as always.

GO DEVILS

MikeRaw

^Exactly, the Devils got VETERANS. Veterans=nice term for old has been's.

Michael1

Reaction score
I can't wait for the NHL 08/09 season. Montreal gained an awesome hitter and fighter in Georges Laraque and they also got Alex Tanguay. A nice addition. The two teams I'm rooting for this year is Pittsburgh and Montreal. I was really hoping Ottawa would do something in the off-season, but the only thing I can remember from their off-season is them signing Auld and Ruutu only. So, I'm disappointed. Gerber as the starter won't do them good, he's inconsistent.

What's up with Sundin. Has he made his decision yet on which team he's playing for this year or not yet. I haven't really been following him this off-season.

Michael1

Reaction score
All I can say is, the Tampa Bay Lightning are a new team, new fresh start...lets make it happen baby GO LIGHTNING!!

That's damn right, right there. They got Kolzig, Malone, Meszaros, Recchi, Roberts, they got back Prospal to Tampa Bay who also has Lecavalier and St. Louis and they also drafted Steve Stamkos.

It's definitely going to be a good year for Tampa Bay, IMO.

MikeRaw

Ya Steve, Tampa has a great team this year.
They traded Boyle, but got Gary Robert, and Mark Recchi for toughness. They added some young defensemen, soem good goalies in Kolzig and Smith... And most importantly, they got some new, very good top line scorers in Malone, Vrbata, and the 1st overall pick in Stamkos, to go along with Lecavalier, St.Louis and Jokinen. They're gonna be very good.

And Michael, no, Sundin still hasn't decided *sigh*

MikeRaw

^Nah, Gainey already said Sundin rejected their offer for that.

chessarmy

^Exactly, the Devils got VETERANS. Veterans=nice term for old has been's.
Face it man, the Rangers are the most improved team over the summer. 2nd best goalie in the league (Lundqvist), 2 of the best 2 way players in the league (Drury, Gomez) who will both get 25 goals... They also have one of the best offensive defense group (Redden, Roszival, Girardi, Kalinin), and some solid defensive YOUNG tough defensemen (Staal, Mara)... Not to mention a bunch of early 20 year old 20 goal scorers (Dubinsky, Dawes, Callahan, Fritsche), and a veteran like Markus Naslund,a nd of course, the new guy, Nik Zherdev... One word for him... Superstar. Have fun when the Rangers beat the devils though:)

Oh, btw, I also can't wait for the Leafs, as they continue to rebuild.

You just go over the entire roster and say they're good, I can do the same with the Devils.

Besides, the Devs contend every year, they always have a solid season and this year will be no different. Last year they had to get used to a new coach, at least this year they won't have to. The Devils only got better over the offseason, think about a Rolston, Parise, Gionta line? Or even Rolston, Elias, and Parise? That would be unstoppable. Not to mention our D is underrated. We were like, 8th in shots against last year I think which is pretty good for a D squad that is supposed to "suck".

Ballin

Reaction score
Well, Sakic resigned for another year. So GO AVS!!

Even if you're not an Anti-Avs kid you gotta admit Sakic is pretty amazing and his acomplishments are spectacular.