Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Training camp's are opening now. Regular season starts in like 2 weeks:)
I am just as excited for pre season though, just to see the teams back in action.

Reaction score
Man, the Leafs are gonna be shit this year..
Hopefully Columbus Blue Jackets do good this year. They have a great group of young guys and finally made Rick Nash the captin..

MikeRaw

Preseason starts tonight!
And Edge+BretHart, at least give them a chance. Last year, we said the main problems with the team were Tucker, Raycroft, McCabe, and a few others. Now, they are all gone. McCabe is replaced by a much tougher blue line, and Tucker is replaced by a revaped forwards unit. Sure, it may not be the most offnsive one, but with Ron Wilson coaching, he wants to play a more defensive, and tougher game anyways. But Antropov, Steen, Hagman, and Poni will do the scoring, along with other guys like Blake, Stajan, Tlusty and Kulemin helping out.
So this team could go either way, but we won't know til the season starts to unfold.

Reaction score
^ Well at the beginning of the season all the teams have a chace to be good but I'm just tired of the Leafs saying at the beginng they will make the playoffs and they don't. But me, i'll always be a leafs fan even when i say bad things about them which is often.. hey look at baseball and the TB rays.. so once again you never know what will happend.

MikeRaw

^That was the dumbass coach who said that. The players went out and tried every night. But the problem with last year was early in the season.
To me, this season could go either way, so I'm not gonna make a predicition, and look like a dumbass right now. They are all on a clean slate, and I want to see what the young guys can do, and we could surprise and sneak into 8th.

Soulpower

Yawn! Time for Detroit to start defending (And eventually repeating) their championship.

MikeRaw

^Ya, they have a very good chance. Same team as last year, PLUS HOSSA. That, to me, equals stanley cup championship.
Leafs lost tonight, but won last night.
Oh well.

Reaction score
Damn, The Red Wings are going to have a even better team then they did last year.. Hopefully some 8th place team upsets them again in the playoffs lol..

As for the leafs losing, I don't reallly care since it was the preseason but when it comes to the real deal they better crawl into the playoffs this year..

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You mean the Red Wings who lost last night to the Habs?

Yeaaahhhhhh baby!!!

Soulpower

Oh noes! The Wings lost a Pre-season game and they lost it in a shootout. I checked to be sure, and Detroit are STILL the defending champs. The Habs? Not so much.

chessarmy

The New Jersey Devils get a 3-2 victory against the New York Rangers!!! Sure, its just a pre-season game, but victory always tastes sweet, ESPECIALLY when its against those smurf Rangers.

Ansi Salmella (58, defence) really impressed me in the game. I hope he gets called up. Nicklas Bergfors is our next 30 goal scorer, and Peter Vrana is also solid. I thought Parise and Langenbrunner played great, and I was actually impressed with Scotty Clemmenson in net. It looks like he'll have to fight for the right to play all of...4 games next season! lol, still though, he's a solid back up. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does for the rest of the pre-season and maybe in the regular season if he gets Weekes' spot.

I am looking forward to the start of the regular season, the Devils will open it up against the Islanders. I predict a shut out for Brodeur, I'm going with...a 3-0 victory for the Devils. I think we'll have a solid season, and hopefully we actually go deep in the playoffs.

GO DEVILS

MikeRaw

^That Bergfore guy isn't a 30 goal scorer. 15-20. He is a solid two way player, but not a pure sniper.. He score like 20 goals in 80 gamesin a swedisih league, which is no NHL, so it's doubtful he would score 30 ina tougher league. Good prospect though.
Now, for the Leafs, I LOVE RYAN HOLWEG. This guy hits anything that moves. He gets in like a fight a game too. He won't win many fights, cause he's small, and he takes on big guys, but he can win against guys his own size. When he fights bigger guys, at least he shows heart. But his physical play is awesome.
The leafs have a decent team, but not a top team, I think we will finish between 10th and 8th in the east, and playoffs are a 50/50 xchance. BBut we have some young snipers (Tlusty, Kulemin, Stralman) and some young grit (John Mitchell) and a future all star defenseman (18 year old Luke Schenn).
But my favorite thing is the toughness. For years, the leafs were one of the toughest teams in the league (Until 2005). Then, since then, they became pussies, and since then, have also missed the playoffs. But this year, with Mayers, Hollweg, Moore, Bell, Finger, Frogren, Schenn, Ondrus, and even Colaiacovo, we have a bunch of guys who like to hit, and almost all the guys I named will fight.
So at least we will be entertaining.

chessarmy

Devils 4-2 victory over the Rangers today....yeeaa!

I'm looking forward to the start of the season, it should be a good one for my Devils