Official NCAA Football Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

This is what it should be:

1. USC
2. USC
3. USC
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma

Nah, but in all seriousness:

1. USC
2. Georgia
3. Oklahoma
4. Missouri
5. Florida

EDIT- lmao @ Oklahoma being # 2 in the poll. Nice job of beating a Tyrone Willingham coached team by a lot. Great achievement. Now play a real team please.

This week's top 25

Travis40

lol at you saying Georgia will be #2...no way in hell

Why would Mizzou move up to #4? lol they beat Nevada :laugh:

Florida should still be #3 or #4 soon...

EDIT - The Top 25 has just been released

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Georiga
4. Florida
5. Mizzou
6. LSU
7. Wisconsin
8. Texas
9. Alabama
10. Auburn
11. Texas Tech
12. South Florida
13. Ohio State
14. BYU
15. East Carolina
16. Penn State
17. Oregon
18. Wake Forest
19. Kansas
20. Utah
21. West Virginia
22. Illinois
23. Clemson
24. Florida State
25. Fresno State

PeepShow

lol at you saying Georgia will be #2...no way in hell

Why would Mizzou move up to #4? lol they beat Nevada :laugh:

Florida should still be #3 or #4 soon...

EDIT - The Top 25 has just been released

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Georiga
4. Florida
5. Mizzou
6. LSU
7. Wisconsin
8. Texas
9. Alabama
10. Auburn
11. Texas Tech
12. South Florida
13. Ohio State
14. BYU
15. East Carolina
16. Penn State
17. Oregon
18. Wake Forest
19. Kansas
20. Utah
21. West Virginia
22. Illinois
23. Clemson
24. Florida State
25. Fresno State

You laugh at Mizzou for playing a creampuff when you play a Tyrone Willingham coached team. Nice.

Travis40

Nevada is a WAC team...they're the worst team in the WAC...

then there's Washington...they're a Pac10 team...there's a difference. Even though Washington's the 2nd worst Pac10 team...they're better than Nevada...becuase Washington wouldn't get blown out by Fresno State, Hawaii, etc.

Washington > Nevada

Travis40

I just looked in Oklahoma's program and it has their future non conference games for at least the next 11 years.

Oklahoma will return this game (It was the Cincy game) on Sept 25, 2010 when it visits the Bearcats at Paul Brown Stadium, home of the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals. The other non-conference games that season for OU are Air Force, Florida State, and Utah State.

Future marquee non-conference games that await the Sooners include at Miami in 2009, at Florida State in 2011, Notre Dame in 2012, at Notre Dame in 2013, Tennessee in 2014, at Tennessee in 2015, Ohio State in 2016, at Ohio State in 2017, at LSU in 2018, and LSU in 2019

Thank god OU is thinking about playing at least 1 good team per year that's non-conference. All of these matchups look good. I can't wait for the Florida State/OU rematch from the 2000 National Championship. The restart of the OU/Miami and the OU/ND fued looks like it's gonna be good. The OU/OSU and the OU/LSU games also look sexy.

Reaction score
Those all look like great matchups, kudos to OU for having the balls to play strong non-conference opponents. If they have the team those years, the strength of schedule will be through the roof and they should be getting the nod more often than not from the BCS.

Travis40

A couple weeks ago I heard Lee Corso say that his pick to go to a BCS game from a non BCS conference was Tulsa. He said that all they had to do was get past Arkansas and they were gonna get a BCS spot, and now I actually believe him. I see Tulsa going 13-1 and losing only to a bigger team in a BCS Bowl...Tulsa looks like they could beat anyone in the country. TU should be ranked really, really soon.

J

Despite the small mishap with USC or w/e the fuck the were. Ohio will still bring and back and win big this year. Mark my words.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was just a hope. Gators are too fast and too talented this year. Though I do see both Georgia and possibly Alabama giving them some fits, even though I believe both those games are in the swamp.

My 1-2 Vols have Auburn at Jordan Hare next...

So my 1-3 Vols will then have Northern Illinois...

Then my 2-3 Vols will have Georgia...

2-4 Vols have Alabama...

2-5 Vols then have Vanderbilt, who always manage to play them close...

Then Kentucky, who just about beat them last year after some furious overtimes...

This does not bode well for the Vols. ;;