Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
How is John Wall overrated but Irving is listed ahead of him?

Irving's got a better supporting cast by far. Cavs are top 10 in offensive rebounds and 3 point shooting, and top 10 in team FG%... Wall has no support... but let's look at Wall vs. Irving.

Wall is playing 37 minutes a game. Shooting 43% from the field. Sub 10% 3 point shooter (but rarely pulls up from 3). 80% from the stripe. 5 rebounds a game. 7.6 assists a game. 1.3 steals a game. 1 block a game. 4.1 turnovers a game. 17.5 points per game.
Irving is playing 31 minutes a game. 58% from the field. 43% from deep. 85.6% from the stripe. 3.4 rebounds a game. 5.2 assists a game. 0.9 steals a game. .5 blocks a game. 3.1 turnovers. 18.5 ppg.

Wall hasn't even shot 1/4 of the 3's Irving has this year, and averages just 1 point less per game. Wall has been to the line 120 more times than Irving. Wall has 110 more assists than Irving. That's FAR more than impressive if you ALL are of the belief that Wall is overrated and Irving is a top 10 PG.

In fact, I apologize for my list; I'll take Kidd off of my list and put Rubio on there. In fact, I'll even bump Jennings off my list and put Kyle Lowry, who is outplaying most of the guards we're arguing 6-13 minus Westbrook who I argued at 6.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
You say Rondo's now the best player on there team, yet you also say the celts aren't even that good? Maybe that's why they aren't that good, he's just not that ype of player.

And lol at the Wall/Irving stats, what you just showed me actually makes me think Irving deserves to be ahead of him, his percentage is better FG, 3 and FT, his rebounds and assists are a little down but he turns it over less and he's getting more PPG, not to mention he's doing it in less minutes then Wall and he's a rookie who had to come in with pretty much no time practise or whatever due to the lockout, I'd say Irving is doing alot better then Wall and this offseason I think he'll do even better.

I completely forgot about Lowry, he's been having an awesome year

Reaction score
^^^Truf about Rondo. If he's playing his best and the team is doing their worst since they've been together, and don't even play the "Big 3 are old and having bad seasons" nonsense, they're putting up strikingly similar stats to their previous 2 seasons, all of them, then Rondo isn't a franchise player. I'll take Parker, he's shown in the 07 Finals, in 08 and this MVP caliber season that he can be the man on a scrub team with the best player on the team out with injury. Rondo hasn't ever showed that ability. Parker>Rondo.

Lowry is indeed a nice player.He's getting moved though, Pau is going to Houston for Lowry and Scola. Houston gets what they wanted at the beginning of this season, LA gets an incredibly serviceable, team oriented pf and a MAJOR upgrade at pg while shaving a little off of payroll. If LA does that trade, LA is in contention again.

Reaction score
Actually forgot about Lawson, he'd probably go in my 10 with the way he's been playing this season.

That would be a horrible trade for the Rockets but I could see them doing it tbh.

Reaction score
For some reason they are in love with Pau. It's what they were looking at before Stern nixed the trade. Looking like they're gunning for him again. Lakers with a PG is a scary thought.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm always hearing rumors of them going after Pau, I don't see why when Scola is a great player, maybe a little down on form atm but still solid and Lowry has been there best player all season, to trade them for Gasol who hasn't been all that great himself lately seems stupid. Yeah thats what the lakers have needed all along, a good PG and Scola alongside Bynum would still work well. God I hope that trade doesn't go through lol

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
So fucking proud to be a Bulls fan. What a great TEAM.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That trade for the Lakers is almost as good as getting Pau for KWA-MAY Brown.

Almost.

Reaction score
Not sure if serious. If so...

You make me want to punch you in the face for such a gross over statement. Luke Walton (when healthy) + Fish= Session's production minus leadership. Ramon Sessions is an upgrade from Fish, but doesn't change the fact that he might be a worse defender and anytime someone shoots better behind the arc then inside, that's not a good thing. Let alone comparing this to the Pau trade, way to go Mr. TNA of the sports section.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It was obviously a joke. Sort of like KWA-MAY Brown.