*Official Movie Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

you proved my point. you cant REALLY WATCH a movie while doing something else. by really watch i mean be INSIDE the movie.

you're obviously not a movie guy so you cant say im wrong :D.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I love movies. I love movies because I love stories, its why I read.

BUT.

I don't invest myself in the same manner as some others. No, I don't get that rush during exciting parts of movies, or have my heart strings plucked during an emotional scene. I think I'm to disassociated for that.

That however doesn't mean I don't enjoy cinema. Just because I watch it differently doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Though tbh I find comedy different. It does make me laugh, but I'm fairly certain that is not an investment of any kind.

the dark knight

why do we use listen to music instead of hearing music?

im not saying you're not really a fan, you just dont watch movies the way you're supposed to.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
All of a sudden there are rules for watching films?

I mean aside from sit down, sit back and stfu.

the dark knight

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand pay attention to what you're watching :)

answer my first question and you might get what im trying to say.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I see what you're driving at, but music is purely an aural experience so yes, you have to focus on that. But movies have both aural and visual components allowing for a combination of the two to be used in different concentrations for different people.

It doesn't mean they're watching improperly, just differently.

the dark knight

ok, movies aside. i still dont believe a human being can do 2 or more separate things simultanesouly with the same efficiency.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I can.

I'm way too chaotic to be able to focus on one thing at a time, otherwise I get bored. I need multiple stimuli to work effectively.

the dark knight

i understand what you're saying but thats a totally different story. i get bored when i do certain things too, and i feel the need to do something else to keep up. like studying. but that doesn't mean that if i somehow focus without getting bored, im not gonna get it done better.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Some movies that I've seen recently:

Punisher: War Zone - not good, but not bad. I liked it enough.
Religulous - Funny as hell. Maher asks a lot of questions I'd ask to people if they wouldn't kill me in response, lol.
The Day The Earth Stood Still - boring, nothing special
Yes Man - a few funny parts, but boring overall.

Evil Austin

The Zohan. (Funny ass movie).
Hulk Hogan's walk to ring during his Wrestlemania 21 segment. :shifty:
American Pie the wedding is a funny ass movie seeing it for the second time.
Snakes on a plane. Not so great got a few laughs but shit overall. (Saw it on a plane for the first time though, I also saw the 911 movie on a plane.)