Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I know right. When it was announced as the main event remaining at just 3 rounds I thought "ok that's fair. Silva is getting up there in age, probably only trained for 3 so that's cool" when it was all over it was like awww damn we need 2 more! Lol but I guess I'll take a 3 round exciting fight over a potential 5 round dance off.

Yeah i can completely understand and appreciate why they didnt take it to 5, but it would of been interesting to see how both their endurances would of held up.

Reactions: Gman003

Marvintof

Jobber
Reaction score
The official injury that Cyrille Diabate suffered this past weekend at the UFC on FUEL 7 event was a strained left calf muscle and not a tear. Diabate was unable to continue his fight with Jimi Manuwa after the opening round and the fight was stopped.

This weekend’s UFC 157 card will feature twelve fights and kicks off at 6:35pm EST on Facebook with a 10pm EST pay-per-view start time.

There is a piece on Ronda Rousey in this week’s edition of TIME Magazine and was also featured on HBO Real Sports in a feature piece this weekend.

UFC president Dana White revealed over the weekend that had Josh Barnett signed with the UFC they were planning to match him against Junior dos Santos but when they couldn’t reach a deal they put together the Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem fight for May 25th.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
The great debate of 2019 so far. Did Velasquez go down because of a punch or because of his knee?

To me, it looks as if Francis caught him with a very very short uppercut at the perfect time. He was trying for a takedown and the punch came at the same time he was going down. His head clearly snaps from a punch. And it maybe stunned his legs just long enough that when he landed his leg was way out to the side and just dropped and hurt the knee.

Either way it was faster than I expected and I dont think a rematch is deserved. Don't have someone else try to stall out the division. Let's get Francis vs cormier signed and get more heavyweights in the mix

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The great debate of 2019 so far. Did Velasquez go down because of a punch or because of his knee?

To me, it looks as if Francis caught him with a very very short uppercut at the perfect time. He was trying for a takedown and the punch came at the same time he was going down. His head clearly snaps from a punch. And it maybe stunned his legs just long enough that when he landed his leg was way out to the side and just dropped and hurt the knee.

Either way it was faster than I expected and I dont think a rematch is deserved. Don't have someone else try to stall out the division. Let's get Francis vs cormier signed and get more heavyweights in the mix

It looked like he caught him with a small uppercut and thats what made his knee buckle. He was walking around fine afterwards. I just think Cain doesnt wanna admit that.

3d0m

HAT(RED)
Reaction score
Conor's mouth is literally going to get him killed.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So ufc 236 from what I saw was pretty decent. Think I caught it from the 2nd fight on main card. That rountree fight was like a predator toying with his prey he looked phenomenal since moving to Thailand.

Adesanya vs gastelum was admittedly way better than I expected. I mean I didnt think it would be a bad fight but it was way better than I thought.
Holloway vs Poirier was fire aswell. Looked like max was out after the first round but he hung in there pretty well. I agree with both decision wins too. Poirier deserved the win when you consider the fight as a whole. And adesanya aswell. Holy crap he shut the doubters up! Alotk people were saying how over hyped he is because of his last win but no way he is a star in the making. Flashy, intelligent striker, knows when to hit and turn up the pressure and can evade shots like hes in the matrix.

All in all good fights.

3d0m

HAT(RED)
Reaction score
Adenanya is good, real good. But I find it funny how people call him a "young, up and coming star" when he's damn near Khabib, McGregor even Jones' age - "veterans" lol. I thought he was like 25 or something until I looked it up.
That said, the dude has a bright future.

3d0m

HAT(RED)
Reaction score
I want to see a Halloway/McGregor rematch. Also, Khabib/Ferguson is a must!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
In all honesty,as much as I like Ferguson.... I think he should hang it up before it's too late. He is not in a good place mentally. I would hate to see a chris Benoit scenario go down.

Adesanya is like 29 or 30 I think but hes still newish to the ufc only like 7 fights in 14 months. If he stays the course and can beat whittaker then hes set.

Crash

Reaction score
WOOOO!! FUCK YEAH! Smug Rose lost the belt.

giphy.gif

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Sucks about Rose, she's still the best fighter in the Straweight Division, easily.

Brazil needed Jessica to win this fight, after what happened to Aldo and Silva. Wasn't looking good for the Brazilians.

Reactions: Crash

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I'm looking at this picture of UFC Ultimate Fighters and the fighter with the bright red hair looks like Tatanka.

Tatanka, MMA.jpg

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
UFC's official youtube page features old school UFC matches and some pay-per-views for free. You can watch UFC 1: The Beginning and UFC 12: Judgement Day in its entirety.

Reactions: Crash