Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
@El Homo

I figure if we have an official thread we can discuss MMA more and maybe I will rekindle an interest in a sport I used to adore. Ashley, sort of like pro rasslin I tend to get heavier into MMA in the Feb.-Aug. months when murica isn't playin hand egg. I'll go ahead and give @Crayo a tag because he fancies himself a fight fan some days. @Stopspot you get a tag. you get a tag. everyone gets a tag. Seriously I think we might be the only 4

Anyone watch the card over the weekend? I can't get into 125'rs personally, or really even 135'rs. 145 is where I draw my line for giving a fuck. OK i Lied I care about 1 135'r and that's Faber, and he looked great.

12 days from now Silva will punk Weidman to take his belt back. Card also has chick fighting AKA Ronda vs Tate. Anyone want to make a friendly bet that Rondo doesn't take her arm home with her?

Josh Barnette will ravage Travis Browne that night as well. And I mean ravage. Such a terrible mismatch but what can you do when that fuck head Browne KOs Horse Meat Overeem with sloppy luck ass front kicks. Chris Leben vs Urijah Hall look cool on paper

Thoughts on the Dec. 28 card or any upcoming fights in general?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Will watch last card tomorrow.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Will watch last card tomorrow.
Had a ton of 125/135 lb fights so I just watched the two main fights. Faber is one of my all time favorites so he is the one little guy I can watch anytime. Joey B vs Mighty Mouse was aight

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
You're not into Barao? Dudes a beast. I also dig Dodson because he reminds me of when I was 6 and on a sugar rush. Obligatory fuck Cruz's pit pat here also.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hall vs Leben will suck dick as hall is mentally paper also you willing to forum bet on Chris tapping DAT ass again?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You're not into Barao? Dudes a beast. I also dig Dodson because he reminds me of when I was 6 and on a sugar rush. Obligatory fuck Cruz's pit pat here also.
Cruz is the worst. Barao is great but I never really loved him. He will likely wind up like Aldo at 145 and just run through everyone

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hall vs Leben will suck dick as hall is mentally paper also you willing to forum bet on Chris tapping DAT ass again?
Every dime I have. Weidman doesn't have a change in hell

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
oh and only reason hall vs leben could be cool is because we know Leben will stand and bang so somebody is getting KTFO.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bigfoot testing positive for enhanced testosterone levels.

Illustrating once again that MMA has a major problem with TRT (testosterone replacement therapy), Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva registered elevated levels of testosterone on the day of his epic fight with Mark Hunt.

MMAJunkie reports that, though Silva had received approval from the UFC (acting as its own regulatory body while hosting UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia) to undergo TRT, he tested outside of the allowable limit on fight day. As a result, Silva's result was changed from a draw to a No Contest (Hunt will keep a draw on his record), he had his $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus revoked (and given to Hunt) and he will be suspended for nine months.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...eadliner-fails-drug-test/#HbDHivWsMzb53fLc.99

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Bigfoot testing positive for enhanced testosterone levels.
and Mark Hunt still fucked him up

DA GAWD

I do like that the UFC gives revoked bonus money to the opponent

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Will watch Ronda vs Tate. Probably live

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Will watch Ronda vs Tate. Probably live
She's taking Tate's arm home with her and we all know it, but its still something you have to watch.

Obviously you have to make a lot of qualifications about the following statement, but it almost reminds me of a Mike Tyson-esque feel (in the late 80s) when you KNOW some dude is showing up just to get KO'd but you haev to see it. Obviously lol WMMA compared to boxing, Rousey to Tyson, but she is becoming a big MMA draw, especially compared to any other WMMA fighter in the galaxy.

Reactions: Roi

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Ive never really watch MMA. Weird cause my dad is a judo blackbelt but he doesnt watch this stuff. All he does is to watch all judo rounds in the Olympics. Anyways, but dad showed me a vid of Ronda about 1 year ago and what can I say? The armbar is my fave submission maneuver. Love the way she fights.
Probably the only thing i dont like about the MMA is when someone gets his/her arm broken in some nasty way...
And yeah, i bet my ass off Tate isnt gettin to the second round

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ive never really watch MMA. Weird cause my dad is a judo blackbelt but he doesnt watch this stuff. All he does is to watch all judo rounds in the Olympics. Anyways, but dad showed me a vid of Ronda about 1 year ago and what can I say? The armbar is my fave submission maneuver. Love the way she fights.
Probably the only thing i dont like about the MMA is when someone gets his/her arm broken in some nasty way...
And yeah, i bet my ass off Tate isnt gettin to the second round

tap or snap. Tate got her arm mangled in the first fight for being a dumb bitch

Reactions: Roi

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
tap or snap. Tate got her arm mangled in the first fight for being a dumb bitch
I know. Given the fact they have had all this Ultimate Fight shit, i dont see her tappin out instantly.
She will break Tate's arm. Again.