Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Bud Selig should have the ballsack to award Galarraga the first ever 28-out perfect game. But we all know he's a sack of shit and won't, so oh well. IDK how Galarraga just smiled and laughed. I would have legit ripped his fucking face off.

All this on the day the greatest player in MLB history aka KEN GRIFFEY JR. retires too. Fucking hoebag. I hope someone in Detroit murders him tonight.

Reaction score
It's already not safe being in Detroit period. Add pissing off tons of people and you're probably not making it out alive!

the408kid

Reaction score
Thank you Ken Griffey Jr. Your exploits in Baseball especially in the 90's were amazing. Loved him in the outfield and he had the sweetest swing in baseball, GOOD LUCK KID!

the408kid

Reaction score
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for SNES = best sports game of all time

I remember playing that game and when in the game you didn't play for a while, the umpire would turn to you on the TV screen and say " PLAY THE GAME KID"
I was trying to remember what the name for that game was. Played it all the time.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Travis40

Reaction score
Good to see the Rangers back in first place of the West. It looks like the Angels are finally figuring things out, and they're ready to make a run. Hopefully it's an entertaining race in September with the Rangers, A's, and Angels all going for the West.

Wordlife

Reaction score
So close to another freaking Perfect Game tonight! This is a pitchers year!

Travis40

Reaction score
So close to another freaking Perfect Game tonight! This is a pitchers year!
Words can't describe how bad I feel for Jim Joyce and Armando Galarraga right now. You can tell Galarraga was crushed after the game, and it was pretty hard to watch. As a baseball player, if the same thing happened to me this summer, or next season, I would probably rip the ump's head off. Galarraga showed great character after the game, by not criticizing Joyce. This just shows why MLB should implement instant replay for close calls on the field.

Wordlife

Reaction score
^100% agreed with that!

During a critical game this past season, my college team this summer had a call similar to this. We had a no-hitter going when a single to third was called safe when he was clearly out. I was playing 2nd at the time, didn't feel like bitching out the ump for it, but it cost us the season because that single drove in a walked runner who stole 2nd from a batter striking out and was advanced to third by popup, leaving two outs.

I feel real bad for both parties tonight, but shit happens. It's about that time where instant-replay needs to come into effect. It's already in hockey, and football.... basketball even has it for buzzer beaters, I think baseball needs it for safe/out calls at all bases, especially if they tend to be critical, or history in this case.

Reaction score
So how ironic is it that I was just watching Mike and Mike yesterday morning discussing how they would love to be at a ballpark for a no hitter or perfect game the same day MY SISTER witnesses a "perfect game" in Detroit!?!?! No idea how Cabrera, Galarraga, Leyland, or somedoby doesn't dropkick the fuck out of Joyce!?!?! Lord knows I wouldn't have been able to contain my emotions. Kudos to the Detroit fans for (can't believe I'm saying this) showing some class and not going WCW fans during Hogan's heel turn and littering the field with debris following that call. That being said....where the hell is that crazy father/son duo from Kansas City when you need them?

Reaction score
Oh..and for predictions
AL East -Tampa Bay
AL Central -Minnesota
AL West -Texas
AL Wildcard -New York

NL East -Atlanta
NL Central -St. Louis
NL West -Colorado
NL Wildcard -Cincinnati

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Jays in third in their division, yet again.

This is getting lame, year after year.

EDIT: Nevermind, fourth, fuckers.