Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lol, they have a two game winning streak and you say they aren't that bad. For the most part, their offense has been horrendous besides LaHair and Starlin, their bullpen hasn't been that great. Constantly giving up leads that they would have had (Marmol, Wood, etc). The only real bright spot to me has been their pitching with Dempster, Garza, and Samardzija.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Like I said, I was expecting the season to be a meltdown of epic purportions. 5 games out after 35 games isn't terrible, and they've got some decent outings from people like Dolis and James Russell in the bullpen. The offense...it's pretty awful besides those two guys, there's no real way around it. But I can't remember the last time we had a couple of positional prospects that are actually worth a crap, let-alone have a real future with the team. With a trade for a good outfielder, we might be able to worm are way into a playoff birth. Probably not if the team stays how it is though.

You have a real team now that Griffey's gone, Lucas?

the408kid

Reaction score
One team that's been a surprise so far this season is the Oakland A's. 2nd in the AL West with a 19-18 record but with injuries to people like Brandon Inge, Yoenis Cespedes and a couple others; I wonder how long they can stay in the pennant and wild card races.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Like I said, I was expecting the season to be a meltdown of epic purportions. 5 games out after 35 games isn't terrible, and they've got some decent outings from people like Dolis and James Russell in the bullpen. The offense...it's pretty awful besides those two guys, there's no real way around it. But I can't remember the last time we had a couple of positional prospects that are actually worth a crap, let-alone have a real future with the team. With a trade for a good outfielder, we might be able to worm are way into a playoff birth. Probably not if the team stays how it is though.

You have a real team now that Griffey's gone, Lucas?

I've always been a fan of the White Sox, even before/after Griffey.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I DO! Ichiro's always been one of my favorite players, as well as one I respect greatly. Plus I think sports certainly need more stars playing with a team for their whole careers, especially in a smaller market like the Mariners play in.

Also, Ryan Dempster. ):

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
He really was. They get a pass a lot on being one of the worst run franchises in sports, but i'd put them right up there. They suck every year for eons.

What do I call you, man? "Inconspicous Username" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. ;D

Reaction score
The sad part is, it both is, and isn't. In terms of scouting, it's one of the best organizations out there. In terms of utilizing their talent properly, or acquiring something of value for their assets, they're awful. They all but gave up Ichiro for nothing. I honestly can say that I have no desire to ever see Ichiro pull on a Yankees uniform. I can't think of one person who has ever meant more to a franchise putting on another teams jersey. I mean it's far different from when a guy like Frank Thomas pulled on a jersey other than the White Sox. He was past his prime, and we had players to replace him. The Mariners, as of right now, do not. Nor did they acquire anybody likely to become a replacement. It's saddening to see Ichiros saga in Seattle end like this.

(Boy does Seattle get raped or what? At least Cleveland fans don't even have anything to cheer about)

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, Ichiro's kind of on the downswing anyway. Dude's batting in the .260s this year. It's more the sentiment of Ichiro leaving the team he's played his entire with. And worse, to those crappy pinstripes. I definitely don't want to see it, but I doubt he'll make much of an impact as a player.

These prospects are so hit and miss and the scouts are so foolish I usually don't take much consideration in them. The Cubs and Royals are supposed to always have these great farm systems, and it never goes anywhere. Heck, i've seen the Diamond Jaxx and the Sounds play live and they had some fine looking guys at the time, but none of them ever went anywhere worthwhile, outside of Carlos Marmol, Ryan Theriot & Ryan Braun...that's 3 whole guys. >_>

Reaction score
At one point Fox Cities Stadium was home to Alex Rodriguez, David Arias(Ortiz), Raul Ibanez, Joel Piniero and Gil Meche(All with the Seattle Mariners at the time) The good ole Appleton Foxes.