Official Judgment Day 2008 Discuss Thread

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id say it wasnt great but it wasn't total shit, Best match of the ppv was HBK/Y2J IMO it was a really good match that i didn't want to end. Also Punk had a good night hereally stood out for me last night as did morrison i dont really rate them two but i was enjoying watching them. I was disapointed with main event HHH/Orton didn't really think it was all that considering it was a cage match they both didn't really do anythink spectacular i thought there match was bit flat.

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
main event apparently sucked like crap

well i finished watching the whole PPV and let me tell you, it was complete crap. Who has that kind of a steel cage match at a PPV? The only match that caught me was HBK/Y2J. Edge vs Taker was alright but it could have been better. This is No Mercy 2007 all over again except worse.

the dark knight

Cena vs JBL - good start but nothing special. love ring psychology but sometimes it just gets toooo slow. JBL still needs to wear a bra...its really disgusting to see him run.

CM Kane vs Miz and Morrison - it was ok....

HBK vs Jericho - this is something you only see from guys like jericho and hbk. two of the best in-ring performers EVER! best match i've watched since hbk/flair..

divas match - i was impressed...i usually skip that to go take a piss but it was surprisingly good. i dont see how you guys complain about matches being short...what the fuck is on your mind? first of all, i hate long matches. second, if you're gonna give each match on the card 20-40 mins, the fuckin ppv's gonna get up to 4-5 hours.

Edge vs Taker - liked it. and guess what? i didn't really like the ending but it made complete sense.......couldn't have gone any other way without fucking up the storyline.

MVP vs Hardy - love surprise matches, love hardy but this wasn't really anything special. good match without a purpose....and people wonder why i dont like indys..

HHH vs Orton - i fell asleep during triple h's entrance. not the first time you hear this from me, i know. i usually fall asleep when i reach the main event lol. for one, time difference. its usually late here, i shouldn't even be staying up all night for it. and orton's matches usually bore me to sleep so....

overall, worth the money but the only thing you missed here is hbk's match.

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
Cena vs JBL - good start but nothing special. love ring psychology but sometimes it just gets toooo slow. JBL still needs to wear a bra...its really disgusting to see him run.

CM Kane vs Miz and Morrison - it was ok....

HBK vs Jericho - this is something you only see from guys like jericho and hbk. two of the best in-ring performers EVER! best match i've watched since hbk/flair..

divas match - i was impressed...i usually skip that to go take a piss but it was surprisingly good. i dont see how you guys complain about matches being short...what the fuck is on your mind? first of all, i hate long matches. second, if you're gonna give each match on the card 20-40 mins, the fuckin ppv's gonna get up to 4-5 hours.

Edge vs Taker - liked it. and guess what? i didn't really like the ending but it made complete sense.......couldn't have gone any other way without fucking up the storyline.

MVP vs Hardy - love surprise matches, love hardy but this wasn't really anything special. good match without a purpose....and people wonder why i dont like indys..

HHH vs Orton - i fell asleep during triple h's entrance. not the first time you hear this from me, i know. i usually fall asleep when i reach the main event lol. for one, time difference. its usually late here, i shouldn't even be staying up all night for it. and orton's matches usually bore me to sleep so....

overall, worth the money but the only thing you missed here is hbk's match.

you know i hate really do this but I did like the HBK/Y2J match and Taker/Edge was great until the ending. But the PPV like i said earlier reminded me of No Mercy 2007. I was glad i didnt pay for it cause if only 2 out of the 8 matches were good then you have a problem.

the dark knight

you mean jericho's match.
it was 50/50 in that match tbh....like i said, they're 2 of the best ever. but im with HBK more...like i said before, he's the only one who can get 4 stars out of a squash match.

Soulpower

and people wonder why i dont like indys

You know, its funny... You don't watch Indy Wrestling, then you make a statement like this one. About 98% of the matches in the indy scene, have a purpose. Obviously, if you don't follow the fed, you won't the understand the purpose of the match.

By the way, if every match on the card (That would be 7 matches) had been 20 minutes long, the show would have lasted 140 minutes. That would be 2 hours and 20 minutes... PPV's usually last about 2 hours and 50 minutes. In other words, each match COULD have gotten a nice chunk of time, and there still would have been time left for some backstage promos and whatnot.

the dark knight

and people wonder why i dont like indys

You know, its funny... You don't watch Indy Wrestling, then you make a statement like this one. About 98% of the matches in the indy scene, have a purpose. Obviously, if you don't follow the fed, you won't the understand the purpose of the match.

By the way, if every match on the card (That would be 7 matches) had been 20 minutes long, the show would have lasted 140 minutes. That would be 2 hours and 20 minutes... PPV's usually last about 2 hours and 50 minutes. In other words, each match COULD have gotten a nice chunk of time, and there still would have been time left for some backstage promos and whatnot.
well, yea. i dont FOLLOW indys....but thats really their problem. its hard to follow..so when you come on here and tell me to go watch some ROH PPVs, i cant cuz it'll look exactly like mvp/hardy's match. good in-ring match with psychology and all...but i wouldn't get the purpose unless i follow it.

and about the matches, you realize that in PPVs, we have to get re-cap videos, promos, gay segments, 10 mins of undertaker's entrance, etc right? its not just matches one after the other...and i said 20-40 mins. not just 20..

Kaedon

Reaction score
well, yea. i dont FOLLOW indys....but thats really their problem. its hard to follow..so when you come on here and tell me to go watch some ROH PPVs, i cant cuz it'll look exactly like mvp/hardy's match. good in-ring match with psychology and all...but i wouldn't get the purpose unless i follow it.

and about the matches, you realize that in PPVs, we have to get re-cap videos, promos, gay segments, 10 mins of undertaker's entrance, etc right? its not just matches one after the other...and i said 20-40 mins. not just 20..

He doesnt like the Indy's because from what I hear, the indy scene in England is the shits.

C4

WWE Title Steel Cage Match
Triple H (c) vs Randy Orton

John Cena vs JBL

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho

[/CENTER]
Discuss, post opinions and make predictions about Judgment Day here. This post will be updated with the up to date card.​

LOL, :shifty:

Anyways, Judgement Day wasn't that good as I expected it to be; the ending of Edge and Undertaker was bad.... title still remains vacant! And so were many other things which looked bad, if I had to rate Judgement Day of 10 it would be no more than a squeaky 7/10 :watsup:

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
LOL, :shifty:

Anyways, Judgement Day wasn't that good as I expected it to be; the ending of Edge and Undertaker was bad.... title still remains vacant! And so were many other things which looked bad, if I had to rate Judgement Day of 10 it would be no more than a squeaky 7/10 :watsup:

a 7/10 is way too generous. a 3 or 4 would be about right cause the PPV was really really bad.