• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Judgment Day 2008 Discuss Thread

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date

the dark knight

could it be a shocker? buried alive match...taker loses then retires.

could happen but.....they still need taker.

Soulpower

Miz and Morrison vs Kane and Punk for the tag titles has been added to the JD card.

C4

I'm really looking forward to the Cage Match of Orton and HHH and of course the very unpredictable match of Undertaker and Edge, it's going to be interesting how they will end this match and what's going to happen.

As for William Regal, have him go up against Kennedy it would be perfect.

OsamaHussian

Hey congrats to the WWE! They finally have the Tag Team titles on the line and it didn't take some wacky, awfully named and full of booking catastrophes tournament to do it!

OsamaHussian

^ Sadly I see him being added to the World Heavyweight Championship match due to the way he lost that Battle Royal on Smackdown.

OsamaHussian

- WWE has announced that the WWE Women's Championship will be defended at the Judgment Day pay-per-view in a Triple Threat match. Below is the updated card:

WWE Title Match
Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Steel Cage

World Heavyweight Title Match
The Undertaker vs. Edge

WWE Tag Team Title Match
John Morrison & The Miz vs. Kane & CM Punk

WWE Women's Title Match
Mickie James vs. Melina vs. Beth Phoenix

JBL vs. John Cena

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Airfixx

^^^ Still seems a match or two light to me...

I'm guessing tonight's SD or maybe Heat will spawn a match in someway... Matt & Jeff, MVP, Finaly, Batista, Kennedy amongst others are all conspicuous absentees.... Anyone got any thoughts?

Maybe they'll add The Cod-Bore-Folly to the card so they can finally drop those tag belts...

I've been quietly hoping for Piper V Santino over the last few weeks.

Anyway, my predictions...

*Triple H vs. Randy Orton - Some kind of close finnish with both guys climbing out of the cage.
*The Undertaker vs. Edge - Interference galore. Setting up yet ANOTHER re-match for Vengeance.
*John Morrison & The Miz vs. Kane & CM Punk - Hopefully they'll just sell the win off of the fact that MnM are a bonafide TEAM. Kane & Punk winning would just, once again, mean the belts never being defended.
*Mickie James vs. Melina vs. Beth Phoenix - To set up Beth V Melina for the gold at the next suitable PPV.
*JBL vs. John Cena - Double C/O or DQ.
*Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho - Didn't occur to me until HHHForever mentioned it a last week but, of course, Batista will run-in. Question is how will it pan out? I figure 'Tista will attack HBK and inadvertantly cost Y2J the match by DQ.

Owenhart32

The PPV seems pretty good if i say so myself. The main events seem to deliver,
I dont know about anyone else, but i sure enjoyed Taker Vs Edge for the last two months (excluding That horrible Vicky Guerrero)
And HHH Vs Orton will be good, Should be interesting to see it in a Steel cage of all things too.

OsamaHussian

Predictions..

1.) Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship:
Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton, Regal will end up costing Triple H the match setting up a feud between the two.

2.) World Heavyweight Championship match:
The Undertaker vs. Edge
Winner: Edge, a whole shit load of interference on Edge's behalf helping him win back the belt.

3.) WWE Tag Team Championship match:
The Miz & John Morrison vs. Kane & CM Punk
Winners: Punk & Kane, probably be a short reign. probably lose them right back to MnM on ECW.

4.) Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Jericho, Batista helps Jericho win setting up HBK-Batista again and Y2J will end up feuding with Hardy over the Intercontinental Championship.

5.) John Cena vs. JBL
Winner: JBL, I see Regal costing Cena the match because he didn't show him any respect on Raw last Monday

6.) Triple Threat match for the WWE Women's Champioship:
Mickie vs. Beth vs. Melina
Winner: Mickie

Gards Jr.

There would have to be another match you would think ay. Well other then that the card seems very solid. If only it had Matt and Jeff Hardy vs MVP and Umaga that would make it a vey good card. But although the card on Paper looks alright it is what actually what happens at Judgement day that counts imo.

Evil Austin

my predictions are -

HHH retains the title - Pedigree, out the door.....
Undertaker gets his title back - Tomb Stone Pile Driver
Chris Jericho wins - Be a good back and forth match one of the night imo but I have a feeling the walls of jericho will help him win.
Miz and Morrison win - No point in giving it to the ECW champ and the MITB holder without them even being a legit team just a one off thing. just a filler stupid match.
Mickie James wins - Don't really care bout this but thats what I think.
John Cena beats JBL - As much as I hate this Cena won rumble and no title so I have a feeling his push from Rumble will start here.. :(

Gards Jr.

I dont think Taker will win for the simple reason is that He will get disqualyfied for using the Gogoplata on Edge. Edge wins the title. Taker chases for abit. Edge wins the fued all up and then CM Punk cashes in Money in the Bank