Official Genesis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
My apologies, I just remember it wrong on Angle. They had him beat Joe's streak, and in my mind they gave him the title right after that. But Christian did get the title pretty quick. They had him jump over a couple other "#1 contenders" in a hurry to win the belt at Against All Odds for some reason.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah okay....

You do realize that Matt was fat due to his appendix exploding in the middle of a match? It's funny how you think he just ate and got fat. Stopped taking care of himself. His fuckin appendix exploded. After that happens its kinda hard to exercise on a regular basis especially when you return to WWE and have to be somewhere for a show or an autograph signing every day.

Good job on looking up facts guys. I'm proud of your efforts. Morons.

I'm sure an exploding appendix took away a lot of charisma, and that explains why he was so boring. Did you know that the appendix is actually where charisma is created? Incredible. Matt's appendix actually started to explode back in late 2003, which is why he hasn't been interesting since.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
My apologies, I just remember it wrong on Angle. They had him beat Joe's streak, and in my mind they gave him the title right after that. But Christian did get the title pretty quick. They had him jump over a couple other "#1 contenders" in a hurry to win the belt at Against All Odds for some reason.

True on Joe's Streak. I'm not even sure he was with a TNA a full month when he broke Joe's streak. That was ridiculous.

The Cocaine Kid

Reaction score
I'm sure an exploding appendix took away a lot of charisma, and that explains why he was so boring. Did you know that the appendix is actually where charisma is created? Incredible. Matt's appendix actually started to explode back in late 2003, which is why he hasn't been interesting since.

What the fuck are you ramblin on about boy? Matt has had some really enjoyable matches since '03. Had a real fun feud with MVP, series of good matches with Helms in '06 and had a good run as ECW champion. Also had a really good match with McIntyre not long before his WWE run ended.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
True on Joe's Streak. I'm not even sure he was with a TNA a full month when he broke Joe's streak. That was ridiculous.
It was pathetic to watch as was them running Christian straight through the Alpha Male who was supposed to be the main challenger back then.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It was pathetic to watch as was them running Christian straight through the Alpha Male who was supposed to be the main challenger back then.
They really missed that boat with that tbh. They could have still made Christian look good and push Monty at the same time and had a really good feud.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Possible Spoiler for tonights mystery opponent. Highlight the text

(Source: Prowrestling.net)

Former WWE star Matt Hardy is backstage at the iMPACT! Zone in Orlando for tonight's Genesis pay-per-view.

The word backstage is that Matt Hardy will be appearing on camera and will be Jeff Hardy's mystery opponent for Rob Van Dam in tonight's main event.

Matt Hardy was released from WWE back on November 15th and revealed in an interview with
Fanhouse.com this week that his 90-day no compete clause went into effect two weeks before his WWE release was announced, allowing him to compete tonight in TNA.

Can't say i'm interested in him really

SAL

Reaction score
My crazy theory was that it might be Samoa Joe, just based on Bischoff telling RVD "he's going to kill you."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
With the way they randomly book Joe it wouldn't even surprise me if it was him.

SAL

Reaction score
If they do that after we last left Joe being attacked by Jarrett, I think I'd have to give up on the product. Matt Hardy should be coming in as a face, by the way.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I've been given up on them in how they handle Joe. It's pretty sad.

As far as Matt goes if he wants that main event spot he's wanted so badly he better hope he is gonna feud with his lil bro and take the belt off of him. They should just tease that he'll be heel but have him attack Jeff.

Baller

Reaction score
I've been given up on them in how they handle Joe. It's pretty sad.

As far as Matt goes if he wants that main event spot he's wanted so badly he better hope he is gonna feud with his lil bro and take the belt off of him. They should just tease that he'll be heel but have him attack Jeff.

With Jeff having the shot at jail, they need somebody to take it over. And with my guess of Styles being kicked out of immortal tonight, and immortal holding all the belts, Matt would probably be the replacement if Jeff is sentenced.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
AJ has apparently injured his knee and Abyss will be taking his place on the PPV tonight (N)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well Aybss isn't the mystery guy, but that blows as AJ hardly gets injured like that or misses PPV's.

SAL

Reaction score
It must be some kind of requirement that something has to happen to fuck up our prediction game.