Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What is it with great strikers going to Chelsea and becoming utter shit?

Crespo, Kezman, Sheva, Torres and now Etoo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Pleased with Villa's battling win and clean sheet today. It was a very open and entertaining first half, much tighter second, and once again we gave away the ball too easily and looked shaky at the back, but Guzan had a great game and deserved his clean sheet. Hopefully the Bentake injury isn't too bad, but its a good result which should set us up nicely for a tough week in both cup and league.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Watched around an hour of the Villa match yesterday. They looked good for the most part, Agbonlahor seems to be back to his best. Still shaky at the back though, as you said.

It's funny, Stoke kept the ball down and tried to play nice football, and ended up conceding three goals from three set pieces. I'll take it though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
LOL UNITED

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Another good win for us, now the only unbeaten team in the league. Ozil is some player, and City looked awesome today

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol

Proved right yet again.

Hope you haters are ready to apologise to me for mocking my title predictions. Great weekend for us, with Liverpool proving they are the second best team in Liverpool and Man United being in City's shadow.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Di Canio sacked already.

Liverpool, Man U, Swansea and Newcastle coming up for the next manager, good luck.

Reaction score
Hope you haters are ready to apologise to me for mocking my title predictions. Great weekend for us, with Liverpool proving they are the second best team in Liverpool and Man United being in City's shadow.

Que?

So you're predicting Liverpool will be fighting for second? Honestly, the lost while depressing was only lost so far and we should be beating United on Wednesday.

As for Arsenal, the team looks entirely different with Ozil in their midfield now.

CGS

Reaction score
Glad united lost as it means no one is talking about us finally losing :side:

Still crazy way to lose. They didn't create a single thing, City played the off the field and Moyes didn't seem to change anything to try and help his team. Unreal stuff

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Why the hell won't Moyes use Kagawa? It makes no sense why someone like Ashley Young gets ahead of him.

City's chances of winning the title this year really depends on whether Kompany can remain fit. It's crazy how much of a difference the whole team looks when he plays.

Oh, and I 4-1 thought something something.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Liverpool's loss and the performance of the team was mystifying after a strong start. That said hopefully we can bounce back on Wednesday at Utd as Suarez should be back and raring to go (hopefully). Our next EPL game is at Sunderland so hopefully we can get back to taking three points again.

Watched the Manchester derby earlier, I can really see Utd struggling this season. Moyes should be given time though.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Paulo di Canio sacked already, lmao I suppose they'll have to bring in an Italian speaking manager now as that's what most of their team speak.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Paulo di Canio sacked already, lmao I suppose they'll have to bring in an Italian speaking manager now as that's what most of their team speak.

As far as entertainment went, Di Canio was fantastic. But bringing 12+ new players in a single window is bound to upset the balance of the team and impact the performance.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think Di Canio got sacked just as much for his antics as the results, think he might have got a bit longer if not for that. Anyway it is a mess at Sunderland like Doink hinted if they keep the back room staff they will need someone who speaks Italian, if they sack them it is going to cost them a lot. They need to get someone with experience in the PL and do it fast. The problem then is then that whoever that is will be stuck with Di Canio's players for the whole season, and that squad is very poor.

Still unsure if Arsenal can win the title, they have been quite lucky with the fixtures so far and have not always looked convincing. With all the games they will play this season and lack of depth I still think it is too soon for the title, but I say if they can win a trophy and aim for third or something in the league than most Arsenal fans would take that.

Same old Liverpool raising their game for the big matches, but then going missing against the smaller ones. Their not what they used to be at home either, top four is realistic this season, but they are still a bit off a title challenge.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I think Di Canio got sacked just as much for his antics as the results, think he might have got a bit longer if not for that. Anyway it is a mess at Sunderland like Doink hinted if they keep the back room staff they will need someone who speaks Italian, if they sack them it is going to cost them a lot. They need to get someone with experience in the PL and do it fast. The problem then is then that whoever that is will be stuck with Di Canio's players for the whole season, and that squad is very poor.

Still unsure if Arsenal can win the title, they have been quite lucky with the fixtures so far and have not always looked convincing. With all the games they will play this season and lack of depth I still think it is too soon for the title, but I say if they can win a trophy and aim for third or something in the league than most Arsenal fans would take that.

Same old Liverpool raising their game for the big matches, but then going missing against the smaller ones. Their not what they used to be at home either, top four is realistic this season, but they are still a bit off a title challenge.

Your probably right about the backroom antics, if Sunderland hadn't already sacked him I would have recommended they go for Martin O'Neil, the guy is a proven manager and I don't think he got enough time at the Stadium of Light.

Arsenal look a good outfit, but the question is can they sustain it. Ozil was a great signing, but they will need to keep Ramsay fit and in form (he was terrible for most of last season) and make sure they keep their back line disciplined. I don't think they will win the title, I predict a battle with Liverpool and and Spurs for 4th spot.