• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
We were title contenders without Ozil.

It's either us or Chelsea in a two horse race really.

We also won the transfer window. West Brom lost the transfer window by signing Anichebe for £6m.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just like you were signing Higuain, Suarez, Fellaini, Rooney & Cesar?

:alicia2:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wenger knows better than me, Giroud is turning into a brilliant poacher so we dont need Suarez (nor do Liverpool)

Never wanted Rooney as he doesn't score enough for me, Viviano is at least equal to Cesar and Fellaini was a WAYYYY overpriced panic buy for Man Yoo.

They're more luxury signings than neccessities.

Funny how Spurs are paraded as title contenders yet when we totally dominate them we aren't billed as the same. Haters.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wilshere caught Diabyitus I think, he's injured every week so we needed someone of his ilk.

The only bad business we did was keeping Bendtner. Would rather of paid up his contract and fuck him off, he is the worst striker we will ever have Francis Jeffers included.

Last edited:

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Arsenal are not title contenders, one decent result against Spurs does not make you a contender. Ozil is a cracking signing but it'll take more than him to make you contenders. Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool (as much as I hate to admit it) and Chelsea will all finish higher.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't see why people are tipping Liverpool for 4th either if I'm being honest, just not buying into whatever hype it is they have going.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Arsenal are not title contenders, one decent result against Spurs does not make you a contender. Ozil is a cracking signing but it'll take more than him to make you contenders. Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool (as much as I hate to admit it) and Chelsea will all finish higher.

Chelsea might.

Man Utd look too shaky. Like Dale said Liverpool haven't been a threat since John Barnes and Ian Rush were still playing for them. Man City lost to Cardiff and were getting dominated by Hull.

Thanks for yr take, but get a clue pls.

CGS

Reaction score
Chelsea might.

Man Utd look too shaky. Like Dale said Liverpool haven't been a threat since John Barnes and Ian Rush were still playing for them. Man City lost to Cardiff and were getting dominated by Hull.

torres-gerrard_1375986c.jpg

The Year we should have won the title........Fucking Arshavin :(

As for us hitting 4th it kinda depends really. Personally I don't see it but this year more than others it's possible. We have no europe to worry about, the squad is a bit more tighter, we've added some good depth players and most importantly we kept a hold off Suarez. Spurs look like the obvious favourites but remember they have gone out and basically bought a whole new team. When City did that it took them a good 2 years to settle. As for Arsenal the Ozil deal is brilliant but it still doesn't solve the problems they have in regards to depth. Not to mention they must have the most injury prone squad going right now. Seriously just today Podoloski has gone down too :lol:.

Again not saying we are favourites but it's not exactly as farfectched as it was in the last 2 years.

Last edited:

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Chelsea might.

Man Utd look shaky? They had one defeat to a LIVERPOOL side who have started off very well, look very strong defensively and can score goals that can win a game. Man City lost to Cardiff but Arsenal lost to Villa, you have absolutely no knowledge of football at all at the fact you say every year Arsenal are title contenders/this is our year and every single time it never happens just makes you look like an idiot, a fact which will be apparent once again at the end of the season. You also say Manchester City were dominated by Hull, you must be watching the game through those bitter goggles you were because you obviously watched a different game to I saw and what the stats suggest.

501b6317fd7f4640f8e0120fbef5c50f.png

You were also lucky to get a scrappy win against a Tottenham side with plenty of new additions and not a lot of time to bed in. Gone are the days of 2004 or whenever it was when you really had a chance of competing for the title, and it is certainly not between you or Chelsea

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As for us hitting 4th it kinda depends really. Personally I don't see it but this year more than others it's possible. We have no europe to worry about, the squad is a bit more tighter, we've added some good depth players and most importantly we kept a hold off Suarez. Spurs look like the obvious favourites but remember they have gone out and basically bought a whole new team. When City did that it took them a good 2 years to settle. As for Arsenal the Ozil deal is brilliant but it still doesn't solve the problems they have in regards to depth. Not to mention they must have the most injury prone squad going right now. Seriously just today Podoloski has gone down too :lol:.

Again not saying we are favourites but it's not exactly as farfectched as it was in the last 2 years.
My problem with you guys is definitely going forward. It's only a matter of time before Sturridge gets injured and with Suarez being out I worry where the goals are going to come from.

For me I would put Arsenal as the leading candidate for 4th with 5th pretty much open at the minute given how much Tottenham have flattered to deceive in the 3 opening games. I do think Liverpool have a better chance of challenging because of there being no European distraction but I just don't think they have enough attacking quality to sustain a top 4 finish.

Reaction score
Agree with Dale, we need another option going forward... I would of kept ahold of Carroll personally, be a great target man for Couthino to aim for. I was hoping we'd try and get Demba Ba last minute as a loanee for a season, we do have Moses which is alright guess but I can't remember much of him last year Chelsea.

But L'pool seem to have a strong defense right now, so they can grind out shitty 1 nil wins, then whose to say?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Man Utd look shaky? They had one defeat to a LIVERPOOL side who have started off very well, look very strong defensively and can score goals that can win a game. Man City lost to Cardiff but Arsenal lost to Villa, you have absolutely no knowledge of football at all at the fact you say every year Arsenal are title contenders/this is our year and every single time it never happens just makes you look like an idiot, a fact which will be apparent once again at the end of the season. You also say Manchester City were dominated by Hull, you must be watching the game through those bitter goggles you were because you obviously watched a different game to I saw and what the stats suggest.

You were also lucky to get a scrappy win against a Tottenham side with plenty of new additions and not a lot of time to bed in. Gone are the days of 2004 or whenever it was when you really had a chance of competing for the title, and it is certainly not between you or Chelsea
lolwut?

United looked blunt as fuck against Liverpool and Chelsea and i'd be damn surprised if they were close points wise to the title at the end of the season, Moyes is totally out of his depth.

Did YOU see the Man City game? If Hull weren't nailed on relegation candidates then they could have easily got something out of that game. I'm not going to say they dominated the game like Cork did but stats don't tell the whole story.

And massive :lmao at saying Arsenal were lucky against Spurs, they were comfortable as fuck barring one outstanding save from Sczesny and it could have been a rout if Lloris wasn't on form. Tottenham were never going to score that game, let alone win.

Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
lolwut?

United looked blunt as fuck against Liverpool and Chelsea and i'd be damn surprised if they were close points wise to the title at the end of the season, Moyes is totally out of his depth.

Did YOU see the Man City game? If Hull weren't nailed on relegation candidates then they could have easily got something out of that game. I'm not going to say they dominated the game like Cork did but stats don't tell the whole story.

And massive :lmao at saying Arsenal were lucky against Spurs, they were comfortable as fuck barring one outstanding save from Sczesny and it could have been a rout if Lloris wasn't on form. Tottenham were never going to score that game, let alone win.

Pretty much this.

Also to be fair Doink besides Man Utd no other club have finished in the top four for the last fifteen seasons like Arsenal have, and in recent years Liverpool have struggled to finish in the top six and have an even lighter squad than Arsenal's. So why now would they finish above them?

CGS

Reaction score
My problem with you guys is definitely going forward. It's only a matter of time before Sturridge gets injured and with Suarez being out I worry where the goals are going to come from.

For me I would put Arsenal as the leading candidate for 4th with 5th pretty much open at the minute given how much Tottenham have flattered to deceive in the 3 opening games. I do think Liverpool have a better chance of challenging because of there being no European distraction but I just don't think they have enough attacking quality to sustain a top 4 finish.

Meh Suarez would have probably been the top goal scorer last year if he didn't go and get himself suspended for the last few games. Plus with the likes of Coutinho and such we have a decent enough line up going forward. Although do agree one additional striker (shame we just loaned out Borini) would have been nice.

Part of me does believe Wenger will find a way into top 4 again. He's like Fergie whereby his presence just seems to elevate the team when they need it most. Even though he's looked poor over the years he's at least got them champo league footy and if they were to replace him at most I would see short term success before they turn into us unless they replace him with the right man.

Pretty much this.

Also to be fair Doink besides Man Utd no other club have finished in the top four for the last fifteen seasons like Arsenal have, and in recent years Liverpool have struggled to finish in the top six and have an even lighter squad than Arsenal's. So why now would they finish above them?

How so? We basically went out and bought players for depth this summer.

Last edited: