Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CGS

Reaction score
And its a done deal. Brilliant move for Arsenal. Wenger really dragged that one out of his arse. Credit where credit is due he finally made a great deal while actually spending serious money.

Elsewhere Man U have come out of this looking pretty bad. The herrera deal sounds like a mess and as we speak the Felliani deal may not even go through. How a team like Man U can go and not really spend any money at all is quite amazing.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty sure Fellaini will go through before it's all over.

Incredible signing for Arsenal regardless of whether or not they needed another creative guy, you just can't turn down talent like that if it's available. If they can now get at least 4th then at the end of the season get a Suarez or Benzema then they're looking in super shape.

Reaction score
Everton have done a good few last minute signings if McCarthy and Luakau (spellings) is good.

And Suarez survived the transfer win, if Liverpool are in a good spot in January possibly a Champions League spot and on a good FA/League cup run, we'll keep him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He won't go in January even if you aren't in the Champions League places. You could probably win all the domestic cups this season but if you don't finish in the CL places then he's out of there.

CGS

Reaction score
Never really know tbh. He's not gonna be cuptied in Europe so some teams may try and make a move for him. Could happen

As for Felli yeah seems like he did go through on £27.5m. £4.5m over his initial release clause. Woodward really messed that one up.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Never really know tbh. He's not gonna be cuptied in Europe so some teams may try and make a move for him. Could happen
Well yeah, Arsenal & Madrid might be tempted but I don't see Liverpool entertaining anything. Just the exact same situation as this window really.

CGS

Reaction score
The herrera deal sounds unreal :lmao. Apparently his reps were imposters or something like that. How does that kinda stuff even happen? Crazy

also rumours of them signing Coentraeo on loan

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Really happy tonight. We did lose Fellaini but we have McCarthy and Gibson can play where Fellaini has been playing when he returns from injury. Our real problem was up top and Lukaku on loan is a cracking signing. Gareth Barry is a decent bonus too.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
ÖZIL!!! I've been following this news all day and I'm still pretty shocked, it's a transfer that came out of nowhere really. Still struggling to see how buying Bale for 100mil and selling Özil for 50mil is considered good business, but screw it, I don't care! Thanks Perez!

Would have liked another signing or two to come in to add some depth to the squad, but this is still a massive transfer and a big step in the right direction. I'm delighted.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really happy tonight. We did lose Fellaini but we have McCarthy and Gibson can play where Fellaini has been playing when he returns from injury. Our real problem was up top and Lukaku on loan is a cracking signing. Gareth Barry is a decent bonus too.

Yeah think you needed another striker as it is unclear whether Kone is going to be good enough and you don't have that many who look top class so that does look a good move. Also think Barry is a great move, he has lots of experience and is very good on the ball and from set pieces so should fit well to the manager's style. Overall a good transfer window for Everton and keeping Baines is great news too.

A great 48 hours for Arsenal, Ozil just sounds like that landmark signing which could help them become title contenders. They also got another keeper which was important, think they could have got a couple more, but things are starting to look better for them. Being more consistent at the back maybe the key, and not playing too open, too often in recent seasons they have struggled to close games out, but they are starting to look more like a team than a collection of players. Actually think Liverpool maybe the challengers for the top four ahead of Spurs, but expect Arsenal to finish at least fourth.

Villa signed another striker as well as clearing some more dead weight. Don't know much about the new buy but its a good move as we are now more than covered up front in case Bentake did get injuried.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ozil isn't going to make them title contenders, he will hopefully be the catalyst to cement a 4th place finish and maybe a cup trophy before landing another marquee signing when the chance arrives in either January or the close season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ozil isn't going to make them title contenders, he will hopefully be the catalyst to cement a 4th place finish and maybe a cup trophy before landing another marquee signing when the chance arrives in either January or the close season.

I think it might be a long shot because they still have less depth than the other top four, but with things being more open this season and if they can keep their best eleven starting most the games then I think they have an outside shot. I agree it maybe too soon, need to win a trophy though.

CGS

Reaction score
If Arsenal had no Europe I'd agree but with Europe I don't see them having even an outside chance of the title despite signing Ozil. They still lack depth and a lot of their squad is still injury prone. I defo feel like the Ozil signing gives them an advantage over us and Spurs though

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

Agreed.

I'm happy with the addition of Fellaini. Our midfield needed work, and i'm glad Moyes saw sense and actually brought a player. Because as I said, his comments at the end of the Liverpool game had me worried. I'd like to see Herrera signed by us in the January transfer window if Moyes is still interested by then. Also it'll help that Bilbao aren't in a European Competition this season either.

If Nani leaves too at the end of the season, as I believe he's in the final year of his contract, then i'd like us to go after Angel Di Maria, as I don't think he'll be getting much playing time now with Real signing Bale. And he'd be a really good replacement for Nani, who quite frankly has been shit for a few years now.