• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I dunno, you gotta remember how tough RVP is after the attempted murder on him at the Liberty Stadium last year..

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah, he's lucky to be alive.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its a tough one with Arsenal. I don't think they really need anymore creative players other than to add depth to the squad but then a signing like Ozil would be pretty exception and he is the kind of player who could go a long way to making them title contenders. The defence does seem to be improving but I still think they could do with another good centre back.

Reaction score
Thoughts on Arsenal signing Ozil for 42.4mil quid? Finally a big name has gone to Arsenal and they're looking at a keeper I think @TheCork mentioned him earlier or it might be a different one.

Also Liverpool have got Moses, Sakho and IIori (spellings?) and I think I saw somewhere that they're looking at one or two more signings, hopefully they'll snatch up another striker like Demba Ba.

Last edited:

Killz

Reaction score
Lifelong Liverpool fan: will buy Ozil Arsenal shirt. God damn I love the German team and I love that guy! Will have to try to see him in person this year.

Bit confused about Liverpools signings. Two centre backs is great, plus they're young too, but who makes way? I know Kolo is injured but you have to think we're either switching to a back five or Skrtl has seen his last premier league game and is being relegated to cup competitions and reserves. You're looking at an Agger/Sakho or Agger/Toure combination presumably.

Confused about Moses as well. Hell of a player but I hope there's a reasonable buy option at the end of the loan because what's the point of signing such a young player if we can't nurture him and make him part of the team? He can make all the impact he wants but I want a legacy built at Liverpool not just quick fixes. Still, we have a hell of a squad going forward now that Mignolet has put the Reina doubts to bed and Sturridge continues to score in the absence of Suarez. Waiting for the honeymoon to end but right now it's looking real good.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thoughts on Arsenal signing Ozil for 42.4mil quid? Finally a big name has gone to Arsenal and they're looking at a keeping I think @TheCork mentioned him earlier or it might be a different one.
It's an incredible signing, the guy is world class.

Confused about Moses as well. Hell of a player but I hope there's a reasonable buy option at the end of the loan because what's the point of signing such a young player if we can't nurture him and make him part of the team? He can make all the impact he wants but I want a legacy built at Liverpool not just quick fixes. Still, we have a hell of a squad going forward now that Mignolet has put the Reina doubts to bed and Sturridge continues to score in the absence of Suarez. Waiting for the honeymoon to end but right now it's looking real good.
Don't understand why they're signing him either to be honest. You've basically already got a similar player in Sterling who should be given the time to develop and be moulded instead of a loan guy who will in all likely get a few more goals than Sterling would.

Killz

Reaction score
[MENTION=547]Dale[/MENTION] 100% agree on Sterling; he's OUR talent so could be moulded into something excellent like people think Moses will become. I can only hope Moses has an average season and we have an option on him so they let him go haha

Reaction score
I'd go for Sakho/Agger as the starting two personally with Toure as the best back up going, but I think Agger + another is the best combination for Liverpool. We were defensively solid Sunday with Sktrl starting which was shocking but a good sign, things are looking bright for Liverpool.

Could Ozil be signing of the season? Imo, this is a bigger talking point and a more exciting transfer than anything Spurs pulled off or Chelsea. Ozil is one of the best German players going tbh.

Killz

Reaction score
I'd go for Sakho/Agger as the starting two personally with Toure as the best back up going, but I think Agger + another is the best combination for Liverpool. We were defensively solid Sunday with Sktrl starting which was shocking but a good sign, things are looking bright for Liverpool.

Could Ozil be signing of the season? Imo, this is a bigger talking point and a more exciting transfer than anything Spurs pulled off or Chelsea. Ozil is one of the best German players going tbh.

Hear the reports the Real crowd were chanting along the lines of "Dont sell Ozil" during downtime at the Bale conference/showoff thing? Shows how regarded he is. He has been excellent for club and country and fits perfectly into the Arsenal side. Big news indeed.

CGS

Reaction score
Bit confused about Liverpools signings. Two centre backs is great, plus they're young too, but who makes way? I know Kolo is injured but you have to think we're either switching to a back five or Skrtl has seen his last premier league game and is being relegated to cup competitions and reserves. You're looking at an Agger/Sakho or Agger/Toure combination presumably.

With Coates gone for most the year and Wisdom not fully ready to step up the two defensive signings do make sense. Plus Coates may not even be a Pool player for the forseeable future. Plus don't expect Ilori to really play much this year. He will be a reserve player for the time being probably only playing cup games at most so our first team defenders will pretty much be Sakho/Agger/Skrtel/Toure. As for Moses he is simply there to add some depth to our team. Nothing more really. Sterling is growing but he still isn't ready to play a full season at a high level. Honestly I don't really see us signing Moses at the end of the year anyway unless other players are on there way out

As for Ozil I wouldn't say he will end up being the best transfer of the window but it defo is the most surprising. Don't think anyone could have called that deal.

Killz

Reaction score
With Coates gone for most the year and Wisdom not fully ready to step up the two defensive signings do make sense. Plus Coates may not even be a Pool player for the forseeable future. Plus don't expect Ilori to really play much this year. He will be a reserve player for the time being probably only playing cup games at most so our first team defenders will pretty much be Sakho/Agger/Skrtel/Toure. As for Moses he is simply there to add some depth to our team. Nothing more really. Sterling is growing but he still isn't ready to play a full season at a high level. Honestly I don't really see us signing Moses at the end of the year anyway unless other players are on there way out

As for Ozil I wouldn't say he will end up being the best transfer of the window but it defo is the most surprising. Don't think anyone could have called that deal.

They're good signings for sure I just didn't expect two younger guys to come in is all. I like them both to be fair and Kolo being out a little while may have had something to do with landing them both; I'd have just expected one or the other and then another experienced PL CB maybe. The fact we're making signings at all is good though and I'm happy with what we've done.

I guess extra squad depth does all point to cup runs. The gaffer obviously wants to go full tilt and play a good 11 in all competitions so I applaud him for that. We just kinda have to win at least one and get a top 4 PL finish so the money isn't wasted and we can build from it.

Reaction score
Once the window's closed, I'm gonna make my predictions on where Liverpool will be at the end of the season but I think it's gonna be similar to Killz last comment.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
In terms of straight up quality, I think Ozil will most likely be the best signing coming into the PL. Whether or not he will turn out to be the best is a completely different matter.