• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I feel the same way. I imagine it'll take time for all those players to settle in, with some maybe not living up to their potential at all. That's why I'm pretty confident going into tomorrows match. Arsenal have players who are all used to the North London Derby, Spurs will have a lot that won't.

Man City were awful today. I honestly can't recall them having any good chances apart from those two goals. Hull City TIGERS played well, and really should have gotten at least one goal. I know it's still early on in the season, but Man City are looking less and less like title contenders. They really play like such a soulless team at times.

I think City took a big gamble letting Manchini go and replacing him with someone who is largely unproven and I don't see them winning the title back this season.

Great first win for Palace yesterday it was important that they didn't take too long to get off the mark. Sunderland could be in a bit of trouble as they have some very tough fixtures in the next few weeks and have only got one point from a reasonable looking opening three games.

Important win for Newcastle too, it was a much improved performance from them also, and the fact it came so late could prove a turning point in their season.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
LOL UNITED :lmao

Am I doing it right guys?

Reaction score
Tbh, Liverpool defended well... Good goal by Sturridge, he better start for England at the moment he's better than Rooney or any other English striker.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wow Man Utd struggling badly with mid table sides, god help them when they face the big teams.

Also lol Spurs. Spent 100m more than us yet can't get out of our shadow.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lets see how many times Sky Sports throw up that transfers graphic now that Spurs have lost.

Reaction score
\o/... Liverpool are top of the league with a total of... 9 points haha. 3 Clean Sheets, 3 Sturridge goals are we seem to be getting good defensively but as Brandan Roger's said "We're not entering the league just to aim for fourth"

Sorely disappointed Spurs couldn't beat Arsenal would of made my day, there's hope Liverpool will do the job. Going to watch Match of the Day tonight see what the Swansea/Brom game was like.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great start for Liverpool, the fact that they have kept three straight clean sheets is really impressive. Today was a bigger win for them than it was a defeat for Utd. I don't think they are ready to challenge for the title yet but certainly look like they could be a top four contender.

Sounded like a cracking North London Derby and for me Arsenal were worthy winners, what impressed me was how they dug in and defended much better than in the past, that is something they will have to do more of as the season moves along. The likes of Gibbs and Jenkinson are coming into their own. If they add a couple of good players tomorrow (which seems a big if at the moment) then I don't see them having too many problems making fourth.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sky Sports News just broke that Arsenal are in advanced talks with Mezut Ozil.

That'll be a fucking incredible signing if they pull that off, jesus christ.

CGS

Reaction score
Woooo 3 wins, 3 clean sheets. Brilliant start and I just hope it can continue. Our problem over the last few years has been grinding out results and that is exactly what we have been doing.

As for the other games I still fear for both Arsenal and spurs. I fear Arsenal have no real depth once the champions league kicks off and i fear that in WC year Spurs have way to much depth to keep everyone happy. Gonna be a tough year for both really but should make the battle for top 4 interesting. Ozil to Arsenal would be a brilliant deal for Arsenal if it actually happened. I'm still skeptical that it actually will but if it does i'd give them the edge for top 4 despite all the signings spurs have made.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Really happy with the win today. Wenger got his tactics right after going 1 nil up, we sat back and let Spurs try to break through and then hit them on the counter attack. If it weren't for good goalkeeping from Lloris it could have been more.

Also, Mesut Ozil?! That would be quite brilliant, especially since the talks are only happening because Bale left Spurs.

Liverpool impressive as well today. Still early on in the season, but they're looking really solid. Sturridge proving week after week what an excellent signing he's been.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still don't get Wenger's hunt for mid-fielders and attackers, sure they need a gritty and tough CM but I still think they need two good centerbacks and a new goalkeeper over stacking out the mid-field with Ozil, Mata & Benz?

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
True, although there are rumours of goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano moving, which is good. Don't know anything about him, but he's someone that'll add a bit of depth.

Defensively though we've been linked with no one. I'm happy with the back four, but the center back slot looks pretty empty. Apart from Vermaelen and Sagna there's really no one else for cover.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Arsenal only need one defender as cover, they've got Gibbs and Monreal at left back with Jenkinson & Sagna at Right back. Koscielny, Mert & Vermaelen at CB with Sagna looking super comfortable there.

The linkup play between Ozil & Cazorla if it happens if going to be fapworthy.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Fucking hell. Bale goes to Madrid. Spurs improve their squad with some top players, like Soldado & Lamela. Sakho, the Sporting Lisbon defender (who's name i've forgot) & Victor Moses are going to Liverpool. Arsenal are being linked with Ozil, so are PSG, but it looks like Arsenal are going to break their transfer record and sign him tomorrow.

And yet, we still haven't signed a single player. Moyes' comments at the end of the Liverpool game when he said we played quite well, and he'd be happy with the squad as it is if we bought nobody in, had me laughing. Because we were poor earlier against Liverpool, and we need players quickly. I don't see why we didn't go ahead and beat Spurs to the signing of Christian Erikkson from Ajax. He'd of been a brilliant signing for £12 million, especially considering he was in the last year of his Ajax contract. We're not playing Shinji Kagawa for whatever reason too.

And now he's evens with Sky Bet to join PSG tomorrow. If we sign nobody by the end of the transfer window tomorrow, then I blame it all on that twat of a new Chief Exec we have, Ed Woodward. Come back David Gill and save us please.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Funniest thing was Van Persie trying to act hard to Gerrard and Skrtel.