Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I would tell you pair to knock all this Arsenal/Liverpool stuff off it wasn't so entertaining:KANE:

On a different note I really get bored with drawn out sagas like the Suarez and Rooney ones where very little of interest happens all summer, yet the media (or tabloids like the Sun) go mad over mind numbing details.

So in my second attempt to return things to a better more relevant subject how about that Blackburn, Carlise game in the Cup last night, the first classic of the season?

Villa come in, in the next round and seeing who we get in the cup is always one of the highlights of the season.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm getting sick of the Rooney saga myself. Moyes has stated several times that he's not for sale, and yet at press conferences journalists are still asking him about whether we're going to sell him or not.

Take notice Chelsea, he's not for sale. If you want him, you'll have to wait at least 2 years until his current contract expires.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Coming from the team who has endlessly been pursuing Fabregas with shitty bids even though there was 0% chance he was ever going to join :alicia2:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of the Rooney saga myself. Moyes has stated several times that he's not for sale, and yet at press conferences journalists are still asking him about whether we're going to sell him or not.

Take notice Chelsea, he's not for sale. If you want him, you'll have to wait at least 2 years until his current contract expires.

Not sure I can see him staying at Utd for another two years, just seem he wants a move and I think Utd would want to sell him while the resale value is still high.

CGS

Reaction score
Another hater, jealous that his club is a feeder group to Arsenal now...

You should open a fruit shop with all those bitter lemons and sour grapes...

Build the Suarez statue outside Anfield while you still have him, he kept you up singlehandedly last season.

4ce.gif

Yeah this season is gonna be very fun.

As for Rooney If he doesn't go to Chelsea I can't see where else he could go. Can't see someone like Madrid coming in for him and well PSG are bless now they have signed Cavani. Monaco is a no go, Can't see him going to somewhere like Russia and most other big name European teams that could realistically afford him don't really need him (Barca, Bayern etc...). If he doesn't go to Chelsea then he is defo staying at Man U this year.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
4ce.gif

Yeah this season is gonna be very fun.

As for Rooney If he doesn't go to Chelsea I can't see where else he could go. Can't see someone like Madrid coming in for him and well PSG are bless now they have signed Cavani. Monaco is a no go, Can't see him going to somewhere like Russia and most other big name European teams that could realistically afford him don't really need him (Barca, Bayern etc...). If he doesn't go to Chelsea then he is defo staying at Man U this year.

He always struck me as someone who when he did leave Utd would move abroad out of respect to no be joining another title ravel, but you are right the options are limited, and it does seem Chelsea want him quite bad as they still have question marks over their strike force. Whether the move happens might come down to how far he chooses to go to push it through, as things stand right now I think he might stay for now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
On a different subject what do you guys make of the introduction of hawk eye this season? (and no I don't mean the character out of MASH making a comeback!). Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I use to have doubts, but now I am pretty much for it, as long as they just use technology for goal line calls and nothing else.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Perfectly fine, it's instantaneous and brings about the right decision. What's not to like.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I hate it, human error is part of the excitement, having football so clear cut gets rid of so many talking points.

Look at how many people still talk about the '66 WC Final.

I get it's frustrating when it happens to your team, but it doesn't happen every week. Clamp down on divers or something detrimental to the game instead.

Reaction score
You mean like the farce about racism punishment Cork?

What was it Bentender got fined more for having Paddy Power boxers than Poland did for racist chants? Footballs not gonna clamp down on anything which doesn't involve them making money.

Besides, you see more diving in CL and European fancy leagues over Germany & England in terms of how many of them dive, they just can't hack a hard tackle lol.

CGS

Reaction score
Yeah I'm perfectly fine with the Hawkeye stuff. End of the day I do understand the human error stuff but the problem is that human error problem was seemingly getting more and more consistent. Last year it was happening at least once every other week. Was crazy. ,

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right my final predictions before todays kick off. Its a toss up between Man Utd and Chelsea for the title. If Moyes makes a smooth transition and holds on to Rooney then I still think they have a very good squad with lots of experience and youth, but then again Jose is taking over a all ready very good squad and has added to it, so provided his signings work and he adds at least one top striker I expect them to be there or there abouts. Will go for Chelsea but it is the hardest one to call in years. While City have made some very good signings (at least on paper) and have a great squad. I still don't see Pellegrini as a better manager than Mancini and think they might be in consistent again.

Despite the signings of Spurs and lack of from Arsenal I still think they will pip Spurs to fourth. Liverpool will have a better season (as long as they hold on to you know who) but I still don't see them finishing above six.

Crystal Palace, Hull and Stoke City are my three to go down.

Arsenal to win the League Cup and Spurs to take the FA Cup.

And I will go for Villa to finish in tenth.

CGS

Reaction score
One game down. One win. Couldn't have asked for a better start really, Especially considered we haven't won on the opening day for a good 5 years prior to today. Was very tight and thought we messed up when we conceded the penalty but thank fuck Mignolet stood strong and kept us alive. Brilliant stuff.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
:lmao at Arsenal. Koscielny sent off, and losing 3-1 to Aston Villa.

Reaction score
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

*pause*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Fantastic game by Villa, Arsenal look absolutely dire at times, they should stop worrying about buying Suarez and try to buy themselves a good defense, that's if anyone even wants to go to Arsenal.

Villa looked good, Everton and Norwich was relatively decent, Liverpool looked like they're going to progress... Arsenal just lol.

Go sign Begovic and four defenders then you might just get to the semi-finals of a cup or something.