Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Big three points for us tonight in maybe one of the games of the season (looking forward to the highlights). We are starting to play as a team and showed great character to come back from 2-0 down, not least when you consider how bad we have been at home this season. 27 Points and tenth, things are starting to shape up nicely. A point at Everton will do me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jose works his magic again, and the title race remains very interesting.

The key for Arsenal is whether they can take points off their title revels who they still have to play, the injuries must be a concern also.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Seems they got destroyed. Didn't even realise it was on this morning / afternoon figured it was going to be on Sunday. Only good thing about that result is it pushes United further away from 4th 8D

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great point for Norwich at home to Man City also, gives them a boost in their fight. Credit for West Ham for another good win against us, typical of Villa's inconsistercy. Like Newcastle I think our season is danger of dropping off, out of both cups, solid in mid-table, but not going much higher.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think you saying you're solid in mid-table is getting ahead of yourself somewhat. 10th place Swansea have 27 points the same as you, but that's still only 4 points out of the relegation zone. A bad 2 fortnight and you're well and truly back in the shit. Crazy bottom half of the table this year, hope it stays as tight as this (aswell as the top for the matter) alot closer to the end of the season.

Reactions: Doink

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
top of the table is also relatively crazy; there's umm, 6 points seperating fourth and first; only a point within the top 3; Liverpool could possibly still be in this as they still got Chelsea and City to play at home.

Bottom is also interesting but the only safe teams are Newcastle, Southie & UTD; they got their mid-table spots solidifed and won't go anywhere fast.

Everton and Spurs are probs gonna battle it out for fifth though.

Spurs isn't a threat to fourth, Everton might be though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think you saying you're solid in mid-table is getting ahead of yourself somewhat. 10th place Swansea have 27 points the same as you, but that's still only 4 points out of the relegation zone. A bad 2 fortnight and you're well and truly back in the shit. Crazy bottom half of the table this year, hope it stays as tight as this (aswell as the top for the matter) alot closer to the end of the season.

I know that was my point, because we have not really been in it this season, but don't have much else to play for then it makes it easily for us to get sloppy. I think one more win and we will be safe, but if that doesn't come soon then we could still be in trouble.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Only one win from the next 13? How many do you plan on drawing in that time frame by the way?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
@The Cork, wanna explain the Liverpool/Arsenal match for us :)?

I have no explanation for why we lost to such a mediocre team.

Szczesny was terrible for most the goals, Koscielny looked hopeless and Gibbs has always been a poor mans Ashley Cole.

Forgot Giroud was playing until he was coming off the pitch.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
So nothing new, Arsenal just look good when they can actually play with the ball.

/Arsenalendseasonishere

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Coutinho looked good against us, I think we should sign him and Suarez after Liverpool finish behind Everton in mid table again.

Oh and Gerrard is past it. Surprised Liverpool can win games without him carrying them on his back.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Only one win from the next 13? How many do you plan on drawing in that time frame by the way?

Another win will keep us safe I think, I expect us to win more than once between now and the end of the season. Reaching 30 points at this stage of the season I think will be enough, it would take a massive collapse from us to go down from there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So nothing new, Arsenal just look good when they can actually play with the ball.

/Arsenalendseasonishere

That's a little unfair, they have been very strong defensive wise this, and let's put things into prospective this is just one bad result, their first in a while.

I think there is an element of Arsenal going missing in the bigger games and that ultimately is what could cost them the title.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
No they're not, they're very good at retaining possession but everytime they get caught on the break or are under pressure; their defense collapses; so far they have lost to both Liverpool and City who have the best attacks in the league.

They're like Barcalona, their defending is retaining the ball possession; the only difference is, Barcalona bore their opponents into conceding, Arsenal actually go out and attack lol.