Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Reaction score
Spoken like a true armchair supporter.

You bet I'm an armchair supporter. Football's bloody expensive, and I have better things to spend my money on. The only games I've been to were either free or paid for by somebody else. Does not make me less entitled to talk about teams I STILL FOLLOW ANYWAY. I can still assess if a player is having a good game or not by watching him on TV for 90 minutes.

Stop trying to validate your argument before it is too late :bury:

Aniking

Reaction score
You bet I'm an armchair supporter. Football's bloody expensive, and I have better things to spend my money on. The only games I've been to were either free or paid for by somebody else. Does not make me less entitled to talk about teams I STILL FOLLOW ANYWAY. I can still assess if a player is having a good game or not by watching him on TV for 90 minutes.

Stop trying to validate your argument before it is too late :bury:

Hey you can't say that! Don't admit to not going to games, otherwise you're not a true fan! :RVD:

Pete

Reaction score
Hey you can't say that! Don't admit to not going to games, otherwise you're not a true fan! :RVD:

None of us are true fans of anything. I mean, *I* haven't been to EVERY AC/DC show ever, so by definition I'm not a true fan of theirs, am I? I mean, the fact that I have genuine copies of all of their records, plus a bunch of merchandise, DVDs, etc... doesn't really count does it? According to Cork's logic... :cmtroll:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nice apples and oranges comparison there.

Im guessing your favourite band doesn't gig at the same place 19 times per year like your favourite football team plays 19 home games. Plus once you've seen one gig on a tour you've seen them all, not like football with a variety of different teams to play each week.

Feel free to carry on fishing for silly points to debate though, it's hilarious.

Pete

Reaction score
I still don't see how judging a player's performance by watching the entire game on TV differs from doing the same thing inside the stadium. Unless you mean off-the-ball movement and positioning, in which case you have half a point because the camera tends to follow the ball. But whose eyes are ever off the ball anyway?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cork, we get that you go to arsenal home games, but do you go to away games in europe?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Only ever been to two, Nantes in the UEFA Cup the year we got to the final and Rosenborg away in 2004.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Some Arsenal fans follow them all across Europe, you're such a crap fan... lol jk

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The referee completely messed up at 2-1 when he didn't let Podolski play on when he went through.

Slightly disappointed with the result, but I'll still happily take the point. Hopefully we don't have to count on getting a result in Athens and Schalke can beat Olympiakos when they play next.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Huntelaar was always going to score, such a beast.

Ibrahimovic was fucking awesome for PSG btw, dark horses of the competition IMO. Borussia Dortmund have a legit chance of winning the thing too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Solid point for Arsenal, sure they'll be disappointed they blew the 2 goal load but i've no doubts they'd have taken it going into the game. Schalke can definitely do same damage in this tournament. Also, that fucking chip attempt from Giroud but booting the floor was just hilarious :lmao great cross and header for his goal though. Schalke and Arsenal to win both their games next matchday which are at home and they'll both go through, best case scenario.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well its the weekend (almost) and we have Utd, should I do a Cork and pretend that we are going to smash them? "Yeah Six nil to the Villa, no probs!" Hat tricks all round for Bent and Bentelke!" "Rooney to get sent off!" Oh actually that last bit might happen. lol.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Well its the weekend (almost) and we have Utd, should I do a Cork and pretend that we are going to smash them? "Yeah Six nil to the Villa, no probs!" Hat tricks all round for Bent and Bentelke!" "Rooney to get sent off!" Oh actually that last bit might happen. lol.

Difference is Villa are a shit relegation fodder side who don't play their only good player.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.