Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Difference is Villa are a shit relegation fodder side who don't play their only good player.

:lol:

Well we're unbeaten in three games without him so we are not doing that bad at the moment:Banana:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Should probably be pissed off at the result but I expected a tough game and Berba tore us a new arsehole (ha).

Giroud looks confident and bagging goals, no idea why he didnt take the hat trick peno when Arteta had an awful game, but Arshavin looked bright again coming off the bench. Lot of good with the obvious bad IMO.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
[MENTION=39]Keith[/MENTION] I've got you an early Christmas present.
Orange-straw-sombrero-sol-006.jpg

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
(Innores Prods gift) Good game at Arsenal. lol.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well, at least we're scoring again... right?

Really happy for Giroud, I think he's finally starting to show his promise. I was also impressed with Walcott, who I think has shown enough times this season that he can be a treat and get goal scoring opportunities down the right.

Everything else was very poor though. We became ridiculously casual after taking a two goal lead and I thought Arteta had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt.

Kudos to Fulham though, I thought they deserved the draw. Berbatov and Ruiz the best players on the pitch yesterday, I thought both of them were excellent.

Aniking

Reaction score
Well, at least we're scoring again... right?

Really happy for Giroud, I think he's finally starting to show his promise. I was also impressed with Walcott, who I think has shown enough times this season that he can be a treat and get goal scoring opportunities down the right.

Everything else was very poor though. We became ridiculously casual after taking a two goal lead and I thought Arteta had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt.

Kudos to Fulham though, I thought they deserved the draw. Berbatov and Ruiz the best players on the pitch yesterday, I thought both of them were excellent.

My thoughts exactly, except the Arteta part, but that's not because I necessarily disagree. I just can't remember if he was any good or not. Doesn't help he missed a penalty and conceded one too.

Very happy to see Giroud scoring as he now looks confident. It helps when the team is playing for him now, which seemed to be the case against Fulham. He came up with two goals and hopefully he can keep it going, meaning more crosses that actually give him something and aren't just swung in for the hell of it. That's one part in our game that makes no sense to me - we cross it into the box whether anybody is in a promising position or not.

Berbatov is an excellent pick up for Fulham and I'm glad to see him playing regularly again. I've always liked him and thought he was absolutely wasted at Man Utd and it was unfair as he had a great scoring record when he did play. Ruiz is also proving to be a great buy, I think from last season. They both looked great and probably were the best two on the pitch, although Giroud would have to be mixed in there as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I think Fulham could push hard for the top six this year, top ten at least. Just need to pick up a few extra points away.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ibrahimovic just scored one of the best goals ever.

Guy is the best player in the world on form right now, 4 assists in one game for PSG last week and now 4 goals for his country. Jesus H.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just answer me one thing Arsenal or Spurs fans (pretty sure there arn't any here, but just incase) was it a sending off?

Aniking

Reaction score
Just answer me one thing Arsenal or Spurs fans (pretty sure there arn't any here, but just incase) was it a sending off?

I think it was. It may have been a little harsh as I don't think Adebayor meant it because you could clearly tell he was going for the ball, but he left the ground a little, leg in the air, studs showing, connected with Cazorla and not the ball so a late challenge, and that's what happens nowadays when you do that. When a player slides in with his leg raised and studs showing and connects with an opposition player, it's always going to be a sending off. It's the unnecessary risk some players take and Adebayor paid the price.

In saying all that, I'm happy we won, even though they played 70-75 mins with 10 men. A win is a win, it's one we needed, so hopefully we can kick on and string a few more together and climb the table.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He went studs in on Santi, so hell yeah.

Inevitable result anyway, North London is ours and 5pur2 should stop classing us as rivals and start feuding with other small clubs like Fulham and Chelsea.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Delighted with that result. I wasn't able to watch the game unfortunately, so I really can't comment on it that much.

I heard Spurs controlled the match until Adebayor got sent off, and that the entire match changed after that. I don't really see what Spurs are complaining for that much though; another striker up at the end of the field wouldn't have prevented all 5 goals from going in. They seem to forget that an 11-man team and a 2 goal lead last February still lead to the same scoreline. From what I hear, Spurs' defence crumbling once again was the main cause for the loss.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fantastic day of football today and if I can say that after a five nill defeat then you know I must mean it. lol.

Results of the day have to be Reading upsetting Everton (really pleased for them), West Brom's win over Chelsea and Southampton's big win over QPR. That does it now for Mark Hugues. I would give him till Christmas myself but can't see them doing that. The running of that club is really poor, they never should have sacked Walnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.