Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe if he didn't dive so much he'd actually get penalties. He did get away with things because under the rules of the game, simulation should be a yellow card, and he isn't getting them. I mean ffs players are getting booked for taking their shirts off to celebrate a goal, but not getting yellows for blatant dives? Not just Saurez either, Bale's was a terrible dive yet he got away with it as well and he know's it. The FA seem to of gone from being really strict on it, see Eduardo, to really damn soft. It's horrible and I detest it just as much as I detest Huth stamping on a player or RVP elbowing a player off the ball.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great win for us at Newcastle earlier. 3-0 is a heck of a result, especially when you consider how hard it normally is for teams to go to Newcastle.

Thought you were a Real supporter? You can't support two teams its against football law don't you know! lol.

Pete

Reaction score
I support United, Barcelona and Sporting Lisbon (although my home team are A DISGRACE this year).

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Ok why those three teams I assume the first two are glory hunting reasons or are you from Manchester? You really should only support one club side and then your country.

Medo

Reaction score
Glad we beat Newcastle last night, Cleverly did a great game and what a goal he scored, brilliant.

Pete

Reaction score
^ Ok why those three teams I assume the first two are glory hunting reasons or are you from Manchester? You really should only support one club side and then your country.

Not really. I always make a point of saying I am NOT a fairweather fan of either. Man Utd I discovered at age 10 or 11, when I randomly found a Man U magazine lying around at my language school. I 'stole' it and read it numerous times in the following weeks, and have been a supporter ever since. Massive fan of Schmeichel (my favourite goalkeeper to this day), Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke.

Barcelona...I don't really remember how I started supporting them, but it was back in the day where they had all the Dutch players - Overmars, Cocu, Kluivert, and them. Again, been supporting them since I was around 12.

Sporting is (one of) my home team(s). My Dad was a huge Benfica supporter (their rivals), and Mum hated his obsession with the club, so she started teaching me (as a toddler) to root for Sporting. From then on, I just happened to like their kit better than Benfica's, as well as some of their players, and the rest is history.

So as you can see, I'm not a glory seeker (I despise that kind of 'fan', actually). I could just as quickly have become a Liverpool supporter, or a Valencia supporter. It was just dumb luck.

As to why I despise Chelsea, two words...Jose Mourinho. Real Madrid I already hated, but they've gone and upped the ante by hiring the two people I despise the most in the football world (Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo) simultaneously. Now I REALLY hate them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not really. I always make a point of saying I am NOT a fairweather fan of either. Man Utd I discovered at age 10 or 11, when I randomly found a Man U magazine lying around at my language school. I 'stole' it and read it numerous times in the following weeks, and have been a supporter ever since. Massive fan of Schmeichel (my favourite goalkeeper to this day), Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke.

Barcelona...I don't really remember how I started supporting them, but it was back in the day where they had all the Dutch players - Overmars, Cocu, Kluivert, and them. Again, been supporting them since I was around 12.

Sporting is (one of) my home team(s). My Dad was a huge Benfica supporter (their rivals), and Mum hated his obsession with the club, so she started teaching me (as a toddler) to root for Sporting. From then on, I just happened to like their kit better than Benfica's, as well as some of their players, and the rest is history.

So as you can see, I'm not a glory seeker (I despise that kind of 'fan', actually). I could just as quickly have become a Liverpool supporter, or a Valencia supporter. It was just dumb luck.

As to why I despise Chelsea, two words...Jose Mourinho. Real Madrid I already hated, but they've gone and upped the ante by hiring the two people I despise the most in the football world (Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo) simultaneously. Now I REALLY hate them.

That is a legend of a post even if I don't agree with all of it. Love the story about your mum and the reasons she got you to support Sporting! Great stuff.

Pete

Reaction score
Well it's all true. My Mum hates football, as a general rule, so she did it just to get back at my Dad. I haven't regretted my choice of club since (although I'm pretty close to it this season). Hell, I even got to see Schmeichel play on MY team for two seasons! Can't beat that!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Interesting point on Jose I haven't always been a fan but I do think he is a great character which football doesn't have enough.

Would you not be happy if he took over Utd when Fergie finally leaves? You can't argue with the guys track record. I would go with David Moyles myself.

Pete

Reaction score
Hell no! I do not want him anywhere near any of my clubs - good bloody riddance!

Once Fergie retires...interesting question. I have no idea who could take over from him. I've always liked Riijkard (does he still coach?) and Lazlo Boloni. Guardiola could be a good bet as well. But there aren't that many coaches that are up to his level.

Just like on Game of Thrones I say ANYONE BUT JOFFREY, here I say ANYONE BUT MOURINHO! Can't stand the guy's attitude and I think he is insanely, INSANELY overrated. With the players he had on his teams (and the budget he had at Chelsea), my Mum could win the ECL - and she doesn't know a striker from a centre-back. He's not such a "Special One", just an "Overhyped One".

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hell no! I do not want him anywhere near any of my clubs - good bloody riddance!

Once Fergie retires...interesting question. I have no idea who could take over from him. I've always liked Riijkard (does he still coach?) and Lazlo Boloni. Guardiola could be a good bet as well. But there aren't that many coaches that are up to his level.

Just like on Game of Thrones I say ANYONE BUT JOFFREY, here I say ANYONE BUT MOURINHO! Can't stand the guy's attitude and I think he is insanely, INSANELY overrated. With the players he had on his teams (and the budget he had at Chelsea), my Mum could win the ECL - and she doesn't know a striker from a centre-back. He's not such a "Special One", just an "Overhyped One".

Sorry but that is really harsh, fact is players want to play for Mourinho. He has a fantastic football brain and is great at tactics. Man City didn't win the title straight away, but Jose got Chelsea the title in his first season and that was with many of the same players who came up short the season before. Also Fergie is just as bad as Mourinho when it comes to having a bad attitude.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What a farcial night in Poland! Glad I am listerning on the radio, it has been great fun hearing about it! For those that don't know it is being played tomorrow afternoon at 4pm UK time.

Northen Ireland are beating Portugal 1-0 and CR is crying like a baby long may it go on. lol.

Germany having been four nil up have been pegged back to 4-3 by Sweden, interesting.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ It ended 4-4. What a strange night!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Serbia are a disgrace.

Not for being racist thugs, but for being the only team on my acca to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.