• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Worst performance of the season so far. No energy to our play, and our passing was totally off. You could blame the interlull for such a poor display but to me that just looked like a team that weren't up for it at all.

Still though, all of that still wasn't as bad as Grant Holt's pathetic attempt at a chip shot late in the second half. Seriously, it was just... awful.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Worst performance of the season so far. No energy to our play, and our passing was totally off. You could blame the interlull for such a poor display but to me that just looked like a team that weren't up for it at all.

Still though, all of that still wasn't as bad as Grant Holt's pathetic attempt at a chip shot late in the second half. Seriously, it was just... awful.

Mannone is truly shit, I think he caught the butter fingers disease from Lukas Flappy Handski.

God only knows why we didn't snap Lloris up before Spurs got there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mannone is truly shit, I think he caught the butter fingers disease from Lukas Flappy Handski.

God only knows why we didn't snap Lloris up before Spurs got there.

In fairness Cork he has had a really good season so far.

Can we please give Norwich some credit instead of banging on about how Arsenal didn't perform. Wenger was very honest about it in the post match.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Arsenal fans will never give their opposition credit, always excuses and then they mark out like children when any other top 5 club loses. I bet Arsenal's season will once again be defined by finishing higher than spurs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To be honest I don't see the reason to give them credit really. If Arsenal played to their ability like Norwich did then maybe yeah, but Arsenal didn't turn up at all and that was probably the defining factor. You could make a case for Norwich stopping Arsenal playing but from what I saw in the game, I wouldn't say that was true either.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Regarding all the Messi/Ronaldo posts, they were tl;dr.

Messi > Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is a very good player, but he's not as good as Messi. People who think otherwise always seem to be either A) United fans, or B) Madrid fans.

Messi plays for the team, Ronaldo plays more for himself. Watching Ronaldo isn't too different from watching Robben. He always looks to shoot, even when there's better options. It's all about him. Messi plays with the team and scores just as many (or more) than Ronaldo. He also gets a load more assists, and his team is more successful, which to me, is indicative that Messi does more for his team than Ronaldo does for Madrid. Madrid won La Liga last year? So what. Barcelona won it for years.

Also, the international thing with Messi is ridiculous. What has Ronaldo ever won with Portugal?

Regarding the stats, check this site; Messi VS Ronaldo - Goals, Stats and Achievements of Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo

Aniking

Reaction score
Arsenal fans will never give their opposition credit, always excuses and then they mark out like children when any other top 5 club loses. I bet Arsenal's season will once again be defined by finishing higher than spurs.

I think you're just generalising there. I'm an Arsenal fan and I'll always give credit where it's due, and although we played crap and looked as if we didn't even care to win, Norwich didn't give us the slightest chance to get back into the game. For a team that had been smashed two matches in a row, they played really well.

I hate when people always have to jump to conclusions. Mannone made one fucking mistake in a season where he has been great and he's just instantly shit again? Typical.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're just generalising there. I'm an Arsenal fan and I'll always give credit where it's due, and although we played crap and looked as if we didn't even care to win, Norwich didn't give us the slightest chance to get back into the game. For a team that had been smashed two matches in a row, they played really well.

I hate when people always have to jump to conclusions. Mannone made one fucking mistake in a season where he has been great and he's just instantly shit again? Typical.

My apologies I meant to say some (mainly The Cork and some tool I just had to block on Facebook).

Pete

Reaction score
Regarding all the Messi/Ronaldo posts, they were tl;dr.

Messi > Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is a very good player, but he's not as good as Messi. People who think otherwise always seem to be either A) United fans, or B) Madrid fans.

Messi plays for the team, Ronaldo plays more for himself. Watching Ronaldo isn't too different from watching Robben. He always looks to shoot, even when there's better options. It's all about him. Messi plays with the team and scores just as many (or more) than Ronaldo. He also gets a load more assists, and his team is more successful, which to me, is indicative that Messi does more for his team than Ronaldo does for Madrid. Madrid won La Liga last year? So what. Barcelona won it for years.

Also, the international thing with Messi is ridiculous. What has Ronaldo ever won with Portugal?

Regarding the stats, check this site; Messi VS Ronaldo - Goals, Stats and Achievements of Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo

Prod supports both United AND Madrid... :cmtroll:

But what I can't stand with Ronaldo is his attitude. Cocky up-his-own-arse chavvy twat. Messi's just as good and you never see him go ME, LOOK AT ME, I HAVE A RE-SIGNING CEREMONY BECAUSE I'M THAT AWESOME! Ronaldo is like those shrewish Bridezillas that HAVE TO get the perfect wedding OR ELSE...

Actually, Ronaldo v Messi would be an awesome wrestling feud. Ronaldo is as close to a real-life wrestling heel as you'll get, and Messi could be the humble, talented, happy to compete face.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Did I ever say Ronaldo was better than Messi? No, so please don't try and give me that bullshit Pete. Messi is the best player in the world, Ronaldo is the second player in the world, and anyone denying that is deluded. I 'support' and I say loosely support Madrid, because a Univeristy friend is a Barca fan so I banter with him about Madrid. Funny how a lot of Ronaldo haters support Premier League Clubs who couldn't do anything about Ronaldo when he trolled them (scousers hello.....). Also mainly Barca dick riders hate Ronaldo. Please tell me again who has performed the best in the most recent El Classicos up until the last one where both of them were stand out performers. People only hate Ronaldo because he a quality player and he's not afraid to admit it. Like I said the Media is largely at fualt for his image. If Lionel Messi got the same stick and false articles about him, hed be hated too. Fuck haters anyway, I'm not going to hate on a player for the way he acts, or because he plays for a rival club, I like Gerrard, even though he plays for Liverpool, though Carragher is a cunt and I have legit reasons for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.