Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Portugal blow.

That is all.

Fuck you, Ronaldo.

Yes because he is the only player on the team. Get your head out of Messi's ass and accept that Ronaldo is one of the best players to grace the planet, whether Messi is around or not, that is a fact. Portugal do not suck, they made the European Championship Semi Final. Also Ronaldo was their best player in the tournament, arguably the best overall player out of any team, so how can you say fuck you?

You only say this because he didn't score on his 100th cap, big deal.

Pete

Reaction score
Yes because he is the only player on the team. Get your head out of Messi's ass and accept that Ronaldo is one of the best players to grace the planet, whether Messi is around or not, that is a fact. Portugal do not suck, they made the European Championship Semi Final. Also Ronaldo was their best player in the tournament, arguably the best overall player out of any team, so how can you say fuck you?

You only say this because he didn't score on his 100th cap, big deal.

People in Portugal were happy that Ronaldo was miserable, and making fun of him. Everyone hates him over there, or almost everyone.

I wasn't saying fuck you Ronaldo because he didn't score on his 100th, I was saying fuck you Ronaldo for being an overrated crybaby whiner.

And the rest of the team are a joke, patched together because there are no better options. Postiga is a hoax as a striker, the defence is leaky, and MFs can't do it all on their own. A last-ditch tie with Northern Ireland is an abysmal result for a team of our standing, we should have wiped our arses with them. And yet, dreadful as they are, they outplayed us? GTFO.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
People in Portugal were happy that Ronaldo was miserable, and making fun of him. Everyone hates him over there, or almost everyone.

I wasn't saying fuck you Ronaldo because he didn't score on his 100th, I was saying fuck you Ronaldo for being an overrated crybaby whiner.

And the rest of the team are a joke, patched together because there are no better options. Postiga is a hoax as a striker, the defence is leaky, and MFs can't do it all on their own. A last-ditch tie with Northern Ireland is an abysmal result for a team of our standing, we should have wiped our arses with them. And yet, dreadful as they are, they outplayed us? GTFO.

Overrated? LOL stupidest comment of the year. He's not overrated. He's under appreciated and always will be with the heaps of Messi lovers around like yourself. Like it or not, he is the 2nd best, or arguably the best player in the world. He was absolutely BRILLIANT for Manchester United and he's been absolutely brilliant for Real Madrid, even though you seem to think he's gone shit since he joined them. If he's THAT overrated then please tell me why he scores 50+ goals a season for Madrid and matches anything Messi does. If your hero Messi is so good, then why has he done Sweet FA in international major tournaments, and also where is the proof that he would succeed in ANY other league but La Liga? Perhaps the Portugal fans dislike him as you say, because he's far more talented than the majority of the Portugal squad, apart from maybe Pepe who's quality. (I bet you hate him too, don't you?)

As for drawing with Northern Ireland.... you do realize that even the best of teams have shock results against weaker sides? It's called giant killing, and it's nothing to be ashamed of considering Northern Ireland have giant killed Spain and England before. Besides, Germany blowing a 4-0 lead to draw 4-4 with Sweeden is a lot worse compared to Portugals result, considering many are tipping Germany to win the next WC.

Pete

Reaction score
I don't actually hate Pepe, other than for the fact he was playing for FC Porto and he's Brazilian (which, again, I share with the majority of the population, because everyone hates Porto and Brazilians in the Portugal squad are a mockery). But I do think when he is not going for the shin rather than the ball, Pepe is a useful element. Unlike Mr. 'how-does-my-hair-look'.

Basically, Ronaldo is like Cena for wrestling - he gets shoved down everyone's throats, which leads most people to hate him. I was a MASSIVE Ronaldo fan up until his last season in United. I even have a bloody Portugal national team top with his name on the back which I got after we knocked England out of Euro 2004. That season he scored 100 goals for Man U, I was a huge fan. Then all of a sudden I saw him plateauing (kind of like Nani is doing now). Everyone continued to ride his dick, while it was apparent that he was more concerned with looking good and partying than concentrating on his football (UNLIKE MESSI). Then he joined Madrid and he was basically a pampered asshole. He was Joffrey from Game of Thrones. Aside from the fact that I bloody HATE Real, I wasn't down with that attitude, especially since he continued to not be a patch on the player I saw playing for Sporting at the age of 17 and scoring a brace on his debut. So yeah, ask me five years ago and I would have probably said Ronaldo was tied with Messi as Best in the World. Not anymore, though.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So because he drinks and likes to party that's the reason you don't tie him as the best in the world as Messi. How do you know that Messi does not like to party and how do you know that he does not care about his image? I've seen Messi be a pussy on countless occasions, and I'm sure he makes mistakes and does silly shit in private, or even in the public eye... THE ONLY reason no one is picking up on it because the media now have Ronaldo as their scapegoat, and what you don't seem to fathom is the fact that the Media are pigs and will hound him into making mistakes. Heck, I bet he would even get bad press for accidentally tripping a fan. On the other hand saint Messi has all the protection, he is free to do things wrong with the knowledge the Media target is Ronaldo and no matter how bad things Messi does they are not commented on. So what if he wants to party and keep his image good? He's always done that, and should he change who he is just to make idiots like yourself and the media happy? Should he fuck. Also not a patch on the player you saw of him when he scored a brace when he was 17? He's scored LOADS of hattricks, which are better than a brace. I don't know how the fuck 160 goals in 155 appearances is not patch on the player he was 10 years ago.

Continue the hate if you like, it's just stupidity to not consider him one of the best.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Overrated? LOL stupidest comment of the year. He's not overrated. He's under appreciated and always will be with the heaps of Messi lovers around like yourself. Like it or not, he is the 2nd best, or arguably the best player in the world. He was absolutely BRILLIANT for Manchester United and he's been absolutely brilliant for Real Madrid, even though you seem to think he's gone shit since he joined them. If he's THAT overrated then please tell me why he scores 50+ goals a season for Madrid and matches anything Messi does. If your hero Messi is so good, then why has he done Sweet FA in international major tournaments, and also where is the proof that he would succeed in ANY other league but La Liga? Perhaps the Portugal fans dislike him as you say, because he's far more talented than the majority of the Portugal squad, apart from maybe Pepe who's quality. (I bet you hate him too, don't you?)

As for drawing with Northern Ireland.... you do realize that even the best of teams have shock results against weaker sides? It's called giant killing, and it's nothing to be ashamed of considering Northern Ireland have giant killed Spain and England before. Besides, Germany blowing a 4-0 lead to draw 4-4 with Sweeden is a lot worse compared to Portugals result, considering many are tipping Germany to win the next WC.

I agree with most of what you said, but Ronaldo has hardly been a great international player either.

Messi has outperformed him in the big games which puts him just ahead IMO (hat trick vs Brazil, hat trick vs Real, etc)

Skill wise, Messi is leagues ahead though. Ronaldo has that shitty stepover thing he does and thats it really, bit of a one trick pony although that trick is scoring shit loads of goals too.

Pete

Reaction score
[youtube]BDZhKbkEvgU&feature=related[/youtube]

^His debut, at age 17. I watched that live on TV. His first goal is one of my top 5 I've ever seen, astonishingly good. That season and the next were insanely good fpr him as well. He's dropped considerably in level now, though.

And he was a very good international player for us leading up to and during Euro 2004.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Yet he scored a lot less goals at Lisbon then he did for any other clubs... Cork is right. Tbh neither of them have majorly shone in Internationals but Ronaldo was good in the Euro's/

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One thing I will say Prodigy I am impressed that you can support Ronaldo so strongly bearing in mind how he treated your club.

Thing is very few people would question his talent, critics do rave about his performances and along with Messi he is maybe rightfully considered the best player in the world, however unlike Messi he has a very bad attitude, has let the fame go to his head and when things are not going his or his teams way he is not willing to work hard to try and change things around. Yes from a football point of view you can stand back and admire, but he still represents a lot of what is bad about the modern game.

Whatever your view on Ronaldo I am suprised anyone can question that Portugal are struggling to get out of their group, they lost to Russia their main rivals for the top spot and the Ireland result is another set back. Don't forget also only the first place teams are certain to make it to the finals.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Today me and a friend of mine are going to see the FA Cup Fourth QR as Bromley face Worcseter City, he is a Worcester fan and it is a big match as whoever wins gets in the first round proper which for clubs at this level is a big deal. Should be exciting. Enjoy your weekend of football people.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ugh.

Appalling result.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
One thing I will say Prodigy I am impressed that you can support Ronaldo so strongly bearing in mind how he treated your club.

Thing is very few people would question his talent, critics do rave about his performances and along with Messi he is maybe rightfully considered the best player in the world, however unlike Messi he has a very bad attitude, has let the fame go to his head and when things are not going his or his teams way he is not willing to work hard to try and change things around. Yes from a football point of view you can stand back and admire, but he still represents a lot of what is bad about the modern game.

Whatever your view on Ronaldo I am suprised anyone can question that Portugal are struggling to get out of their group, they lost to Russia their main rivals for the top spot and the Ireland result is another set back. Don't forget also only the first place teams are certain to make it to the finals.

Like I said he is just acting how he is. Should he change just because the media don't like him? If they weren't on his back 24/7 he wouldn't act like he does. They force him to make mistakes and I will stand by that. Also, how he treated our club? If I remember correctly he was the main reason we had shit loads of success. It's not like he completely blew us off either, he still respects the club and is always giving Sir Alex credit. Also, wasn't it his dream to always go to Madrid? We got 80 Million for him moving to his dream club. So yeah, dunno how he treated us in a bad way when he left on good terms after another good season for us.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Good result for us. 4-2 at home to Stoke, just hope in the future we can keep the odd clean sheet here and there and stop conceding sloppy goals. As ultimately, at the end of the season Goal Difference is going to matter. Man City got real lucky against West Brom. Chelsea I thought were going to lose at one point to Spurs, but they did well to come from 2-1 down, and especially considering after Spurs were 2-1 up they were dominating the game. But ultimately they won 4-2. Oh and well done Norwich for beating Arsenal.

Next Sunday is the big game, us vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Still think you're going to smash us?

Yeah, just cause we lost to Norwich doesnt mean we wont beat you.

Remember you struggled to beat a team who we smashed 6-1.

Fergie is a twat for slagging off Rio too.

Status
Not open for further replies.