• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Well exactly. And those that wanted him are stupid for thinking he'd leave Real Madrid for Liverpool.

Aniking

Reaction score
He's been great at Dortmund, so i'm looking forward to him signing with us.

How great has he been? Oh, you know, just announced as the Bundesliga Player of the Season, no big deal :p

Paul Lambert quit Norwich today after Aston Villa were refused permission to speak with him, so Lambert promptly quit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He hasn't quit, they haven't accepted his resignation.

Aniking

Reaction score
He still quit, whether they accepted it or not doesn't matter. He's leaving Norwich and is virtually already the Aston Villa manager.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thing is he was on a rolling contract so I think he was within his right. The way I understand is they declined his resignation, but that was them being wishful. The only thing is they seem to think that there maybe something illigal about the way he left and accepted our offer, but by the sounds of it they don't have much of a case. I am happy with the appointment. Good luck to Norwich they are a great club.

Lewb

Reaction score
@holty30
I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. ‪#lovedmytime‬

Who said footballers aren't smart.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Norwich have said they're looking for a new Manager. Lambert is on Gardening Leave until Aston Villa can agree a compensation fee with Norwich. Norwich have said once that's agreed, then they'll accept Lambert's resignation.

As for Holt, Norwich have said he's not for sale, so when the inevitable happens and Lambert goes to Villa, he likely won't be signing Holt. Grant's said it's nothing to do with Lambert either, it has to do with the board.

Aniking

Reaction score
Still, you'd think that Grant Holt would prefer to jump ship to Aston Villa if he was to get his way and leave Norwich. He has worked under Paul Lambert for the past few seasons and had a great first season in the Premier League, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert came knocking at Norwich's door for Holt.

Brendan Rodgers was officially announced as Liverpool manager today, with Gerrard stating on Twitter that he was kept in the loop by the Owners and that Rodgers was always the first choice. I guess they got their man, but we'll see how it pans out.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He still quit, whether they accepted it or not doesn't matter. He's leaving Norwich and is virtually already the Aston Villa manager.
He can 'quit' all he wants, doesn't mean jackshit unless the board accept it which they didn't because it's obvious he was going to Aston Villa so they want compensation which they're well in their rights to do.

Aniking

Reaction score
He can 'quit' all he wants, doesn't mean jackshit unless the board accept it which they didn't because it's obvious he was going to Aston Villa so they want compensation which they're well in their rights to do.

Yeah but it matters little if the board accept it is what I'm saying. If you have a valuable member of your work team saying they're quitting yet you're the boss and you don't like it, you can't force them to stay in the job. Lambert quit, regardless of if it's accepted or not. Done.

As for the compensation, Norwich may not even be given any as they broke a clause in Lambert's contract by refusing him permission to speak with Aston Villa. The clause states he's allowed to speak with other Premier League clubs, so the only way I see Villa giving them compensation is to smooth things over a little, possibly paving the way for them to go after a player like Grant Holt and not have the two clubs at each other's throats, if you get what I mean.

If Villa took their manager and paid no compensation, then want to buy Holt, they'd get the middle finger, and probably rightfully so. If they don't have to pay compensation and do anyway, Norwich may be inclined to listen to offers. Either way, Lambert quit, he's going to Villa, and there's nothing Norwich can do about it.

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Lambert has been officially confirmed as Villa boss

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Norwich have told Grant Holt is too old for a new 3 year deal according to Holt's agent. So that's why he wants to leave.

Aniking

Reaction score
Norwich have told Grant Holt is too old for a new 3 year deal according to Holt's agent. So that's why he wants to leave.

Ahhhh, so that was the apparent "disagreement" that the two parties had. I thought about it possibly being something to do with his contract, among other things, as that's generally the main issue a player has with a club.

Thanks for posting that, Breakaway.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bloody hell this is the most posts my club have every recieved in this thread. I expect normal serivice to be resummed soon however lol.

I would take Holt considering we have just lost Heskey, Bent's fitness is hit and miss and Gabby has gone totally off the boil. Also our squad is very small (even smaller now!), not sure how many good years he has left him, but certainly for now Holt could be a solid sqaud player.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Only found out today that Junior Hoilett went to Monchengladbach.

I know they qualified for Champions League but surely he could of found a better club than that.....I wanted him at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.