Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not really missing the point, I just think there's a huge difference what he would be expected to deliver. I just honestly don't believe he's proved anything that makes him worthy of taking on a top job.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But is Liverpool a top job anymore? Huge step up no doubt, but whose to say he doesn't have what it takes and in their position they might struggle to get much better.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As much as everyone still rags on them, yeah i'd still they're a top club. Ambitious owners, passionate fans and a rich history of success. You look at the money they gave Kenny that he wasted on a bunch of average players and if you offered that to a realistic top manager, i'm pretty sure it would be an attractive proposition to many.

Aniking

Reaction score
Apparently, Dave Whelan has convinced Roberto Martinez to stay at Wigan. He's reportedly offering him a new contract, offering the backroom staff new contracts and also a serious transfer kitty. Not sure how serious it actually is considering this is Wigan, but all of that - probably combined with the fact Liverpool are set on having somebody oversee the manager's position - has convinced Martinez to stay.

Even though Drogba has had a fantastic career in England, as an Arsenal fan, I don't want him. Don't ask my why, I just don't. He has said that he wants to move on to a different challenge and not move to one of the big leagues, so don't expect Drogba to pop up in Germany, Italy or Spain. I wouldn't rule out Drogba moving to France if he can't find an opportunity like his imminent move to Shanghai Shenhua.

Lewb

Reaction score
I think it's less convinced him to stay, more, Liverpool won't give Martinez full control and Whelan has slapped a deadline of deciding by Thursday. Whelan must be doing something right with Martinez because his lack of ambition is shocking. He seams very content on just being a low prem team as long as they remain a prem team. There was an interesting documentary on about Joe Cole last night, he's waiting to hear about the Liverpool post because he wants to put right the blemish on his record of his bad season at Liverpool - I think he deserves a second crack at Anfield.

I like Hazard going to Chelsea tbh, but, it leaves the question open - When he even said he wanted to join United, have Man United lost their touch on bringing in high profile signings? (You can't call Ashley Young or Phil Jones high profile)

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hazard is a prick, who the fuck does he think he is with this Lebron James decision shit?

Dunno why any club would want a twat like that, whoring himself to the highest bidder.....just smacks of mercenary foreigner.

Lewb

Reaction score
Blame has to go on the clubs pandering to him - Who the fuck would want him? Well, all three clubs until he made his choice. Think the media are making more of this than is actually there to read into. If your 20-21 and your making a move to change your and your familys future forever, a week or two to think about it isn't long.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No, its the "I'm gonna announce my decision after Lille's last game of the season" and his stuff on Twitter like "I've made my decision now. Thanks" that irks me.

Really comes across like a right egotistical prick, like he thinks he's Messi and anyone actually gives a shit where hes going.

Lewb

Reaction score
He's certainly made himself some big shoes to fill. An he wont fill them instantly. Just hope he can show some of the quality he showed in his last game of the season, he was literally on fire haha!

Lewb

Reaction score
YAY! Cardiff's pre-season fixtures have just been announced and we got Newcastle at home :) crackin'! Just thought I'd share my excitement haha

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Shows how much of a money whore Hazard is when Man City end their fucking interest in you.

AuAFySpCMAAIMUR.jpg:large

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
The guys still trolling. I honestly don't think he's signed for Chelsea, and the fact that he didn't state which Champions League winner suggests that. He's now being even more of a dick saying he speaks no English or something.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think it's less convinced him to stay, more, Liverpool won't give Martinez full control and Whelan has slapped a deadline of deciding by Thursday. Whelan must be doing something right with Martinez because his lack of ambition is shocking. He seams very content on just being a low prem team as long as they remain a prem team. There was an interesting documentary on about Joe Cole last night, he's waiting to hear about the Liverpool post because he wants to put right the blemish on his record of his bad season at Liverpool - I think he deserves a second crack at Anfield.

I like Hazard going to Chelsea tbh, but, it leaves the question open - When he even said he wanted to join United, have Man United lost their touch on bringing in high profile signings? (You can't call Ashley Young or Phil Jones high profile)

You could turn that lack of ambition comment around and say that it shows how much loyality he has to Wigan. I think it might be a mistake in the long run, but you have to give the guy credit for it. Also Liverpool has become a bit of poison chalice for some managers it might not be worth the stress.

Young is one of the most consistant wingers in Europe and Jones is one of the best young prospects around. Its fair to say they were both good buys.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Apparently Brendan Rodgers has agreed a 3 year deal with Liverpool. And Swansea are going to be getting in the region of £4-£5 million in compensation.

Also, we're close to signing Shinji Kagawa from Dortmund. We've apparently agreed a £12 million move with an extra £5 million in add on's. All that needs to happen now if for him to agree personal terms with us, and a few other details and the deal should be done.

He's been great at Dortmund, so i'm looking forward to him signing with us.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler