No More X-Division?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

I sure as hell hope not, I was looking forward to a Daniels/ Black Machismo X title feud with possibly Kaz afterwords, and the X Division is what makes TNA well TNA. If they get rid of it they will be a 6 sided ring WWE knockoff. Plus, with just TT and World Heavyweight titles there will be no Mid-Card championship. Which is what The X- Division Title sort of is. If it does happen it will only be for a few weeks/months.

When TNA gets two hours in the fall they will need a X Division/Mid Card championship.

Soulpower

Peepshow... There's a reason why the topic title reads. No More X-Division? Its meant to be a question, not a fact. So personally, I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

PeepShow

Peepshow... There's a reason why the topic title reads. No More X-Division? Its meant to be a question, not a fact. So personally, I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

Did I ever say YOU jumped to conclusions. Sorry to not be more claricle in my post. I ment all the other peeps that are already going off on TNA. Pffft

Great thread BTW, its gotten a lot of attention :)

phantomgerald

If it happens. I'll stop watching Tna. Its the only reason why i watch tna anyway.

bdogg1

Reaction score
Keep All Titles

look at the top names listed in the thread 9 of them are former WWE guys. how sad that only Joe and abyss are orginal TNA players. what is that saying about this program. its saying they are starting to follow a WWE script right now. the fact that they want to constrict titles is what they did when jericho did it a few years ago is stupid. be original and do something different with your champion who wins all the belts. have him defend them all. :clap:

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Before I voice my opinion, I'd just like I cam up with this thought after the 1st post, and I am not a sheep nor lamb...

TNA has no reason to get rid of the X-Division, nor the Title. The X-Division is the reason people started watching TNA. Imagine where TNA would be without guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki/Senshi or Kaz? It would basically be WCW ripoff with a Six Sided Ring. Without the X-Division, TNA would've died before it could run a monthly PPV. The WWE would have signed most of the workers to contracts, and that would have been it. Now, onto the positive...

Without the X-Division, TNA will be able to have a PROPER Midcard title with creating backlash from anyone. Guys like Roode won't be stuck in dead end feuds, and guys like Storm won't have to always be in a feud. More potential
wrestlers from WWE might join in the hope of holding a Title, and helping to increase the popularity of TNA. While some of the wrestlers may not be suited for the TNA, and fired subsequently, more guys like Test may join and help to put other guys over...

But those these cases are unsure and unlikely. As odd as the X-Division scenario is unlikely, until TNA gets two hours, nothing will be certain...

Reaction score
If the X Division flounders then I'm really not going to watch TNA anymore. Anyone in TNA management who thinks that TNA fans tune in to watch Test is an idiot.

Mr. Mat

please dont let TNA pull a WWE & go for big men wrestlers i watch TNA for x division action not people like test & maaaattt morgan

C4

They want Ratings and they will do anything to get it, damn that is a real bad move from TNA. Lets just hope for the better and see what happens to TNA. Just imagine what TNA would look like without the X-Division Championship!

PeepShow

Would you all just shut your freaking traps, or should I saw rest your little fingers. Dont jump to any conclusions before it starts to actually happen. :nonono:

Switchy

Reaction score
I don't care if it happens or not, the X-division title is just a belt. You guys are acting like they are taking away the entire X-division. Without the belt we will still see matches like Petey Williams Vs Jay Lethal or AJ Styles Vs Kaz, it just won't be for a title. Even if the title goes, the great matches will stay.

PeepShow

^Exactly. Period.

And trust me people, they arent just going to have 2 belts. They WILL have a midcard belt. Ugggh, Im done

This Guy

Okay here is my 2 cents on the whole idea of the X-Division being shoved under the carpet.

1) What is the X-Division? Is it a Cruiserweight style division? Obviously not. Samoa Joe would never be considered a Cruiserweight. The problem that has always existed with the X-Division is that its not clearly enough definded. They always said its not about weight limits its about no limits. Well no limits is too broad of a term. Yet for years the X-Division title has resounded around the waists of guys that would be cruiserweights in any other promotion. The X-Division was popular when it was the cruiserweights battling for it. The problem is and should be pain stakingly obvious is that TNA is moving away from that direction for better or for worse.

2) Why are they moving away from it? Well the X-Division may have been what brought people to the door but is it why they still watch? When TNA had no real main event players except for Jeff Jarrett people wanted to watch the X-Division over the main event. Much like when Mike Awesome was the ECW Champ and RVD was the TV Champ. It was all about RVD because the main event picture sucked. But much like WCW did in the 90's they have managed to sign some established names. Names like Sting, Kurt Angle, Christian to name 3 and fans can get behind these names. Suddenly the X-Division is just about exciting action and not so much about content. The other main reason is, as much as TNA hardcore fans will tell you that WWE is just about big guy vs. big guy (and perhaps it is) one can not argue with the many years of sucsess the WWE has had with this formula since the days of Hulk Hogan, King Kong Bundy & Andre the Giant. How few small guys became main events in the WWE? Shawn Michaels? Bret Hart? Chris Benoit? Eddie Guerrero? just to name a few. Sadly the list of bigger guys goes much further. This trend for better or for worse exists in TNA as well.

So the question is, does the X-Division serve any purpose? No it doesn't. Least not anymore. Guys like Jay Lethal are now more over for his Savage impersination. Joe is a main event player. Senshi, Daniels & Skipper are being put back in the tag division where they were most popular. Many of the X-Division stars (and I use that term losely since the term seems to be an open book) are being put into other divisions or angles to make them still usable. Do they really need an X-Divison title? No. Are you telling me that if Angle wins all the belts you expect him to be defending the X-Division title to guys like Sabin, Lethal, Petey Williams etc? And if wrestling is to be believable, is it believable that any of those guys can beat an Olympic Champion? Of course not.

Now someone had posted something simalar about changing the X-Division title to like a TV Title or a IC Title like title. Originally I pooped all over that but would it not make more scense? I think so. But perhaps more importantly TNA needs to establish an actual Cruiserweight title style division where there is a weight limit if they don't want these guys to get completely lost in the suffle.

In the end I could see this happening or not happening. The X-Division has always been that special difference that TNA has. By eliminating it they basically confirm what I've been saying all along that TNA will continue to follow the model of the WWE as its proof positive that the only reason promotions like WWE and WCW in the past are/were popular is because its what the majority of the fans out there want. However I believe also that if they choose not to eliminate it they need to find away to re-establish it with an actual definition of what X-Division is. Because in the last 2 months we've had Samoa Joe as champ, Kurt Angle challenging for it at the last PPV, and the Dudley's challenging for it at the previous PPV....non of which (except Joe) I would beleive to be and X-Division Star under what TNA originally taught us to believe what X-Divison was all about.