• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nigel McGuinness signs with TNA!

Airfixx

Great pickup. Although I get the feeling WWE told him to fuck off.

WWE: "Go to developmental before debut"

Nigel: "You're kidding!"

WWE: "Fair enough - No contract then."

:roll:

You gotta ask yourself though if WWE brough a Flair in today like they did back in '91, would they make him do a stint in developmental first? : P

Quintastic One

I think WWE probably had second thoughts regarding the fact that Nigel is horribly HORRIBLY injury prone. But then again, due to the fact that TNA is chomping at the bit to sign Kennedy, being injury prone isn't such a bad thing to them. lol

Airfixx

Not saying it's gonna happen, but if they end up picking up Nigel AND Danielson as well as adding Kennedy AND Umaga to their mix that'd be a damn good talent injection for them.

Kizza

I think WWE probably had second thoughts regarding the fact that Nigel is horribly HORRIBLY injury prone. But then again, due to the fact that TNA is chomping at the bit to sign Kennedy, being injury prone isn't such a bad thing to them. lol

I thought he's only had a couple of bicep injuries. Nothing Kaz hasn't pulled off.

What a great signature by TNA right there, they just swooped in and got him in their company at the right time. Hopefully he joins the British Invasion though whilst receiving a huge push, which is what he practically deserves, TNA can make a star out of him someday, hopefully a dream match soon between both Angle/Nigel.

phantomgerald

WHOO HOO!!! Smart move here TNA. I've never seen this guy before, but I hear he's real good. And if they sign Danielson (another guy I've never seen but heard good stuff about) that'd be great too.

I doubt they would put him in the World Elite. It wouldn't surprise me if they started him up pretty high. Like against Lashley, Joe, Angle. Or in the x-division ( I don't know what he's style) against Dinero, Homicide, The Gunz, Daniels, etc.

EDIT:

Prowresling.net says his new name is Desmond Wolfe.

Dude you never even seen this guy, why would your comment? For the record though, I think he's pretty good.

I'm quite sure they asked him to go to developmental first as they do for every Indy wrestler and Nigel probabl didn't want that so I don't blame him. I think he'll make a good singles wrestler on TNA and I hope they don't put him in the British Invasion because that will only tie Brutus Magnus and him down.

monkeystyle

CMS is just one big party pooper. :p

Nah I know your making legitimate points but c'mooonnn TNA's actually giving the fans something they'll want to see in November. Unbreakable 2.0 is gold, just let it be gold by itself. lol.

I dunno man, I agree with CMS, this kind of logic (lack of) hurts TNA. I'm ure it will be a very good match but the fact of the matter is the two challengers are two guys who lost their respective matches at the last PPV. Kinda seems backward to me.

monkeystyle

As to McGuinness going to TNA, I like the guy but it's really hard to watch Impact these days. Take last week's show for example, they had three hours and there was one match that went over five minutes.

That's pretty pathetic.

Double J

HA! That lying bastard!

Source: Prowrestling.net

As noted yesterday here on the website, Nigel McGuinness was telling people backstage at the TNA tapings last night that WWE took too long to finalize his contract so he opted to sign with TNA instead.

According to a new report, we can now confirm that McGuinness failed WWE's prescreening test. WWE then pulled their verbal offer and he was not offered a contract with the company.

According to a source, Nigel didn't fail for a drug test. All indications are that it was medically related.

There is no word on if McGuinness told TNA management the real story or not. There is also no prescreening test for TNA talent. As noted earlier, he was telling TNA talent that WWE took too long with their contract which was not the case.

There is no heat on WWE senior vice president of talent relations John Laurinaitis as he was only doing his job.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but if they end up picking up Nigel AND Danielson as well as adding Kennedy AND Umaga to their mix that'd be a damn good talent injection for them.

Rumors are Umaga is headed back to WWE.

JurassicBonez

Dude you never even seen this guy, why would your comment? For the record though, I think he's pretty good.

I've heard about him but I've not seen his matches. I've never watched ROH. But from what I hear, he's a pretty big name (in the indies anyway). I've seen his top 10 moves and tribute on you tube, but not an official match. Why wouldn't I comment on it just because I've not seen a match?

Quintastic One

Kinda like how you comment on how CM Punk sucks despite not being able to appreciate his awesomeness in the indy's? lol. Just sayin', your track record of knowing what your talking about when it comes to Indy sensations is not very reliable. lol

JurassicBonez

I've seen Punk in the Indies.... on youtube. He was alright. His promo's were hilarious. Some of his one liners during his feud with Jeff were pretty funny. Still don't like the guy.

And besides, Indy Punk was what 4. 5 years ago. Just cause he alright then, doesn't mean that I have to like him now. That's like saying I still have to like one of my exes cause I dated her 4 yrs ago. Or that I have to like pissing in my pants because I did it 4 yrs ago... BUT back on topic, yeah I don't have big knowledge on Indy guys, but that still doesn't mean I can't comment on them.

Kizza

HA! That lying bastard!

Source: Prowrestling.net

As noted yesterday here on the website, Nigel McGuinness was telling people backstage at the TNA tapings last night that WWE took too long to finalize his contract so he opted to sign with TNA instead.

According to a new report, we can now confirm that McGuinness failed WWE's prescreening test. WWE then pulled their verbal offer and he was not offered a contract with the company.

According to a source, Nigel didn't fail for a drug test. All indications are that it was medically related.

There is no word on if McGuinness told TNA management the real story or not. There is also no prescreening test for TNA talent. As noted earlier, he was telling TNA talent that WWE took too long with their contract which was not the case.

There is no heat on WWE senior vice president of talent relations John Laurinaitis as he was only doing his job.

Rumors are Umaga is headed back to WWE.

I win.

phantomgerald

I've heard about him but I've not seen his matches. I've never watched ROH. But from what I hear, he's a pretty big name (in the indies anyway). I've seen his top 10 moves and tribute on you tube, but not an official match. Why wouldn't I comment on it just because I've not seen a match?

Because all you know about him is hearsay, so your opinion is not formed by what you've seen but by what other people see. Why don't you take a few minutes, watch a promo and a match of him, and then comment? that would contribute more into the discussion.