NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yea I was watching something on espn and they spoke on how a former player shot himself in the chest so his brain could be examined so guess that's what this was.

As for VY think it's only like a few mill for a year or something like that. Ryan got a new contract last year but they might have jumped the gun since the 2nd part of the year he sucked.

Ben

Reaction score
Haven't ventured in here in awhile so I'll toss in my thought on the Packers Draft.

They went all D which was smart, as there defense was horrible last year, but the odds of filling all the whole with first year guys doesn't seem likely.See the D being somewhat better but not enough to get them back to the Super Bowl. Would of been nice to go after a free agent on the defensive side.

The offense will still get them in the playoffs, but with Chicago and Detroit both being better with experience more players, it's going to be tough.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They had no choice but to pay that man guy is pretty much their offense.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, not gonna argue with that signing at all. McCoy is the goat of that team's offense for sure.

I hate him and hope he dies. :side:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Shady McCoy is a terrific running back and probably a top five pick this year in fantasy (possibly top 3). Eagles needed to pay this guy whatever he wants and they did which is the right move. He'll only get better.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah that is always the worry after finally giving a player the contract they deserve as it seems like they stop playing as hard cause they got paid. For the Eagles sake they better hope money was never the motivation for his great play.

Speaking of contracts though it's really weird to me that the Saints are not getting it done with Brees as if they could even think that Brees needs them more than the Saints need Brees who pretty much saved that franchise when he came there during the time he came.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think it's more less a case of "BREES not getting it done with the Saints". With all the bs going down there, he better make sure his grandchildren's grandchildren are set for life with the money the Saints give him, otherwise why bother? If I'm Brees, I either get paid or get out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What u mean by "BREES not getting it done with the Saints" exactly?

MrMister

Reaction score
Isn't the NO GM suspended? It'll be hard to get a deal done without the GM. Obviously, they still can, but that has to be a big part of why Brees doesn't have a big contract yet. Really don't care one or the other. It's not like the Saints will be good. They're gonna be 8-8 or 6-10 and are probably headed to the doormat of the NFC South over the next few years.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Source: Dallas Clark visits Patriots

Free-agent tight end Dallas Clark visited the New England Patriots on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Clark, 32, has played nine seasons in the NFL, all with the Indianapolis Colts. He was released by the Colts on March 7.

Originally the 24th pick in the 2003 NFL draft, Clark has 427 catches for 4,887 yards and 46 touchdowns in his career, including a career-best 100 receptions for 1,106 yards in 2009. He led all NFL tight ends in catches that season and was named to ...

Read full story

I don't think Clark wants to play in New England. They're already stacked with Gronkowski and Hernandez, and Clark will want to be a starter.

It's surprising that he's still unsigned. He's a veteran tight end who can still play well and contribute to any offense. I thought the Broncos would pick him up for sure to pair him up with Manning.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
NE always got like a million tight ends and find a way to use them it seems so thats probably why he is visiting but if he wanna chance to start and such that's def not the place to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.