NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol that would be great he's still one of the best blocking WR's so wouldn't mind having him. Shocked though thought he would have retired a Steeler.

As for RG3 for his sake I hope he doesn't get taken by the Browns. Best place I see for him for a team that can trade up is Miami. Got a catching RB in Reggie Bush who can be a nice blanket for him and got one of the better WR's in the game in Marshall. Can see Marshall and RG3 being a nice rookie to vet combo like Cam and Steve Smith.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've already come to grips with the fact my favorite college quarterback of the past few years is going to the rookie's graveyard in Cleveland. It's a shame for him and a shame for NFL fans who are going to miss out. Even a heart the size of Texas won't take you anywhere in that piss hole city and that piss hole franchise. The Browns are already pretty much locked in for the trade, they just haven't pulled the trigger yet. If it doesn't feel like death row to RGIII yet, it damn well should.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't get them giving up on Colt Mccoy so easily. I think the guy is a solid QB just happens to play with no weapons at all. I can't even name a WR/TE on that team

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I get it perfectly bro, they're fucking morons.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ravens release Lee Evans.

:party!:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
NEW YORK -- New Orleans Saints players and at least one assistant coach maintained a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing players, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner, the NFL said Friday. "Knockouts" were worth $1,500 and "cart-offs" $1,000, with payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.

The NFL said the pool amounts reached their height of $50,000 or more in 2009, the year the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The league said between 22 and 27 defensive players were involved in the program and that it was administered by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, with the knowledge of coach Sean Payton.

"I want to express my sincere regret and apology to the NFL, Mr. Benson, and the New Orleans Saints fans for my participation in the 'pay for performance' program while I was with the Saints," Williams said in a statement. "It was a terrible mistake, and we knew it was wrong while we were doing it. Instead of getting caught up in it, I should have stopped it. I take full responsibility for my role. I am truly sorry. I have learned a hard lesson and I guarantee that I will never participate in or allow this kind of activity to happen again."

The findings, corroborated by multiple independent sources, have been presented to commissioner Roger Goodell, who will determine the appropriate discipline.

Really didn't think the Saints would do something like this, they're saying the punishment for this is going to be worse than what the Patriots got for the Spygate thing.

The Saint's have Also given Drew Bress the Franchise Tag.

Killswitch

Reaction score
0mp0R.jpg

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Stuff like this gets blown out of proportion. It sounds horrible when it goes public, but every team does that stuff to an extent. And if it isn't money involved, it's a free ticket to skip practice or something along those lines.

If the other team has a QB that can rip your D to shreds, you're damn right he'll have a bounty on his head. This isn't even news, this has been going on since the game was invented.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) The New England Patriots have placed the franchise tag on Wes Welker, the receiver who caught more passes than anyone else in the NFL last season but couldn't come down with one that might have clinched a Super Bowl victory.

The move means Welker would be paid about $9.5 million for next season unless the sides work out a long-term deal. Another team could still try to sign Welker, but the Patriots would have the right to match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation if they don't.

No surprises there, no way he's getting out of New England.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No way Welker is worth two first rounders.

Ben

Reaction score
Sources -- Indianapolis Colts to part with Peyton Manning Wednesday - ESPN

Looks like the Colts are going to cut Peyton. If he's back to 100% I think it's a bad move as he easily has 4 good years left him if that's the case.

But they may know something that we don't and Peyton may not be anywhere close to 100%. Guess time will tell, just have to wait to see who jumps on signing him first. There's not a lot of teams that are a good QB from making some noise.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't want to be the team to cut Peyton, only to have him go on and win a Superbowl next season or something. But it's still understandable from a business stand point i guess.

Ben

Reaction score
Never thought Favre would play elsewhere. Hopefully Peyton doesn't go out the same way Favre did. Getting caught sending dick pics and looking like a old man.

Could see him going a couple of different places though. Titans, Miami and Washigton all seem like good options. But the best fit for him is Denver. Hopefully there smart enough to get off Tebow's nuts, cause Manning with that Defense would be instantly a Super Bowl contender.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it's going to be strange seeing him in a different uniform next season, and i never really thought of the Broncos, they've got a pretty solid defense and if they can add another receiver or something it might just work out.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just under an hour until the Colt's press conference when they're releasing Peyton

:why2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.