New Impact Signings and Releases Chatter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with Matt hardy? I know he's a bit fatter than he should be, but he's favoring his leg pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: TNA Signings Thread

In case you haven't heard already, Drew Mcintyre has signed with TNA. He will go under the name Drew Galloway and unlike wwe, he will be a babyface. A massive babyface

Thoughts?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

In case you haven't heard already, Drew Mcintyre has signed with TNA. He will go under the name Drew Galloway and unlike wwe, he will be a babyface. A massive babyface

Thoughts?

Sort of disappointed to be honest. Was hoping he'd be back in WWE sooner rather than later.

But good for TNA, dude's been kicking ass in ICW & EVOLVE.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Thoughts?

Yeah and let's say Drew Galloway is getting that mega push feuding with The BDC with his debut. He had a good match with MVP last Friday, and I expect him to keep doing well as a fresh face on Impact.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Yeah and let's say Drew Galloway is getting that mega push feuding with The BDC with his debut. He had a good match with MVP last Friday, and I expect him to keep doing well as a fresh face on Impact.
I am enjoying him so far, my biggest worry is that TNA will basically make him defeat the whole of the BDC by himself which will really diminish what they have built up very quickly about the BDC. The attack on iMPACT that the BDC did on him was awesome though, I thought it made every member look pretty awesome.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

John Gaburick today announced the following on Twitter

Happy to announce the contract renewals of Robbie E and Bram with #TNA Impact Wrestling.

Proud to announce signing our World Champion Lashley to a new contract with TNA.

Delighted with these for TNA, signing Lashley is huge and I am very happy about Bram and Robbie E signing new deals.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I'm still not huge on Lashley. I'm just not sure why TNA has reservations about pushing Bobby Roode. He could be their quintessential home grown superstar.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I'm still not huge on Lashley. I'm just not sure why TNA has reservations about pushing Bobby Roode. He could be their quintessential home grown superstar.
Roode is one of TNA's top stars with Lashley, he doesn't really need the Title right now either as he's over as fuck. I think he will get the title soon enough though, one last Kurt Angle reign may take place beforehand though.

I think Lashley can put on fantastic matches but his mic work leaves a lot to be deserved, he's a bit like Lesnar in that sense. Having MVP with him made a lot of sense as MVP can talk extremely well, potentially putting Lashley with a manager might make sense.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Roode is one of TNA's top stars with Lashley, he doesn't really need the Title right now either as he's over as fuck. I think he will get the title soon enough though, one last Kurt Angle reign may take place beforehand though.

I think Lashley can put on fantastic matches but his mic work leaves a lot to be deserved, he's a bit like Lesnar in that sense. Having MVP with him made a lot of sense as MVP can talk extremely well, potentially putting Lashley with a manager might make sense.
I highly disagree. Not that isn't Roode is over, but when Roode defeated Lashley for the title, TNA should have immediately began to build the brand around...

Especially with the moving over to Destination America. He should have been used to usher in s new era of IMPACT Wrestling on Destination America...

Instead of a WWE cast away being the top guy; not to mention it reeks of "we have our own Brock Lesnar over here."

I can't complain about a possible Kurt Angle reign, though, as he's dynamite.

I just hope TNA starts to realize Bobby Roode could be their John Cena if they started to look they cared about him.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I highly disagree. Not that isn't Roode is over, but when Roode defeated Lashley for the title, TNA should have immediately began to build the brand around...

Especially with the moving over to Destination America. He should have been used to usher in s new era of IMPACT Wrestling on Destination America...

Instead of a WWE cast away being the top guy; not to mention it reeks of "we have our own Brock Lesnar over here."

I can't complain about a possible Kurt Angle reign, though, as he's dynamite.

I just hope TNA starts to realize Bobby Roode could be their John Cena if they started to look they cared about him.
That's the thing, TNA don't want "the guy" like John Cena is, they want numerous top stars that can hold the World Championship and not look out of place doing so. Just look at the top of TNA's card right now. Lashley, MVP, Aries, Roode all massive guys to TNA. Look even further down and you will see guys like James Storm and Jeff Hardy. TNA doesn't want Roode to be the top star, they want numerous top stars.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

That's the thing, TNA don't want "the guy" like John Cena is, they want numerous top stars that can hold the World Championship and not look out of place doing so. Just look at the top of TNA's card right now. Lashley, MVP, Aries, Roode all massive guys to TNA. Look even further down and you will see guys like James Storm and Jeff Hardy. TNA doesn't want Roode to be the top star, they want numerous top stars.
Roode doesn't need to be their "only" top guy, but right now they don't have any. If the average fan watched IMPACT, none of those guys would feel like true main event players.

Even with Roode being made their number 1, they could still him to build up several others.

Austin was clearly #1 during the Attitude Era. but plenty of people would argue Rock, Undertaker, Foley and Triple H were up there with him.

I just feel Roode is massively underused by TNA and I'm beginning to wonder if he'd fair better with WWE.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Roode doesn't need to be their "only" top guy, but right now they don't have any. If the average fan watched IMPACT, none of those guys would feel like true main event players.

Even with Roode being made their number 1, they could still him to build up several others.

Austin was clearly #1 during the Attitude Era. but plenty of people would argue Rock, Undertaker, Foley and Triple H were up there with him.

I just feel Roode is massively underused by TNA and I'm beginning to wonder if he'd fair better with WWE.
Roode is currently in a big feud with Eric Young and before that he was in the World Title picture with Lashley. Having him constantly in the World Title picture would get boring and different feuds don't damage his character whatsoever. I think Roode will be getting that title back very soon, I would love to see a Roode vs EC3 feud over the title in the future.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Roode is currently in a big feud with Eric Young and before that he was in the World Title picture with Lashley. Having him constantly in the World Title picture would get boring and different feuds don't damage his character whatsoever. I think Roode will be getting that title back very soon, I would love to see a Roode vs EC3 feud over the title in the future.
Bobby Roode was barely in the picture, he lost the title back to Lashley on the rematch, did he not? I mean, I was going to start watching TNA again until I found Roode had already lost it.

Roode deserves more than coffee runs as the champion, he deserves to be treated like the top guy, TNA is having no problems keeping Lashley on the top for nearly a year now.

All I'm saying is after this feud with EY, he needs to get a real shot at carrying the company. And yes, an EC3 program would be great. That's TNA building up TWO new stars.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Bobby Roode was barely in the picture, he lost the title back to Lashley on the rematch, did he not? I mean, I was going to start watching TNA again until I found Roode had already lost it.

Roode deserves more than coffee runs as the champion, he deserves to be treated like the top guy, TNA is having no problems keeping Lashley on the top for nearly a year now.

All I'm saying is after this feud with EY, he needs to get a real shot at carrying the company. And yes, an EC3 program would be great. That's TNA building up TWO new stars.
There's a lot of people in the title picture right now so it will be very interesting to see what TNA do, I can see Aries potentially winning the title by cashing in though.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

There's a lot of people in the title picture right now so it will be very interesting to see what TNA do, I can see Aries potentially winning the title by cashing in though.
Does he have the Feast or Fired thing? I like Austin Aries all right, I don't know. Anything would be better than Lashley for sure.