New Impact Signings and Releases Chatter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Re: TNA Signings Thread

Does he have the Feast or Fired thing? I like Austin Aries all right, I don't know. Anything would be better than Lashley for sure.
Yeah he does have the Feast or Fired briefcase, it would be awesome to see him cash in and win.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Bobby Roode was barely in the picture, he lost the title back to Lashley on the rematch, did he not? I mean, I was going to start watching TNA again until I found Roode had already lost it.

Roode deserves more than coffee runs as the champion, he deserves to be treated like the top guy, TNA is having no problems keeping Lashley on the top for nearly a year now.

All I'm saying is after this feud with EY, he needs to get a real shot at carrying the company. And yes, an EC3 program would be great. That's TNA building up TWO new stars.

Roode is the longest reigning champion in TNA history, that's not a coffee run.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Roode is the longest reigning champion in TNA history
Which was what, two years ago, maybe three? Ended WAY TOO EARLY at Destination X, when Roode should have main evented Bound for Glory as the champion. Roode hasn't been the top guy since.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: TNA Hirings and Firings Thread

– TNA has moved The Great Sanada to their Alumni roster, indicating his departure. James Storm recently mentioned on Impact that we would never see Sanada again. He’s expected to return to Wrestle-1 in Japan.

Boom boom boom boom Another One Bites the Dust

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Think this is less of a firing, more of an end of an excursion. Don't think this is a controversial one.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

John Gaburick announced today that The Wolves, Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards, have re-signed with TNA.
PWInsider

John Garburick also announced on his Twitter that Bram has re-signed with TNA.

A small piece of good news for TNA is what has been a horrible week for them. It's very small but it's still good nonetheless.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Everything helps at this point I guess

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Act as if you will continue to live I guess. Seems amusing, but it's the right thing to do business wise.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Act as if you will continue to live I guess. Seems amusing, but it's the right thing to do business wise.
It also doesn't surprise me that it's the Wolves considering they don't have a lot of options to go to even with the going getting rough.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Wolves love TNA right now, and when they are killing it right now with the True Heels they ain't going no where for quite awhile. Maybe this year, TNA invests in some new faces for the company that can contribute to that Tag Team Division, and the Knockouts Division especially for sure.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

– It appears Gunner isn’t the only TNA star leaving the company as Samuel Shaw tweeted the following:

I can be an #artist in any promotion.

— Samuel Shaw (@TheSamuelShaw) June 20, 2015

Time to explore new artistic ventures. Thanks to everyone at @IMPACTWRESTLING that helped maximize my talents.

— Samuel Shaw (@TheSamuelShaw) June 21, 2015

Well Sam Shaw's departure doesn't mean shit but Gunnner was awesome and his departure sucks.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

June 25, 2015 – Four-time X Division Champion Low Ki announced this afternoon on Twitter that he has opted to part ways with TNA.

Low Ki’s contract may have expired as it was exactly one year ago today when he made his official return to the company. He competed on last night’s episode of Impact Wrestling in a three-way match for the X Division Championship, where he took a pinfall loss to Tigre Uno.

Low Ki is the third wrestler to leave TNA this week, following Gunner and Samuel Shaw.

Well that's only the 146685 time he's left.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I was gonna say, Low Ki leaving a company isn't exactly an earth shattering announcement

Austin Bates

Reaction score

I don't think they were expecting the announcement, but it is pretty good for them that Low Ki didn't win the X Division Championship last night and they added Hernandez to the BDC.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As reported earlier on the site, James Storm’s contract with TNA ends tomorrow after Slammiversary, as does that of Magnus. In the case of both men, they went to TNA management and asked to be let out of their deals due to the fact that TNA runs far fewer shows than they have in the past, meaning they are making a lot less money.

Storm and Magnus have opportunities to work in other places and both wanted to be able to do so and make money for their families. To their credit, TNA management understood the new reality that the company faces, as less shows equal less money for the talents, and they let both men out of their deals. At this point, TNA is largely a wrestling company that produces a TV show as opposed to a full on wrestling company that does live events as well, and they are changing the way that they operate to reflect the new reality of what their business is.

The current plan is to have both men come back and work the tapings and be members of the promotion’s TV shows, while being able to find other work to supplement their TNA work. Obviously, if WWE wanted to make a run at either man, they could do so and TNA realizes that. They decided to take the risk of that happening due to the respect that they have for both men. I applaud them for that. They didn’t have to let them out of their deals but they did the right thing as the circumstances around the company changed since the contracts were put in place.

Austin Aries will also see his contract expire after tomorrow’s show so he will be in the same situation as the men above. TNA also wants to work with him in the future.
PWInsider

Sounds like Magnus, James Storm and Austin Aries will not be permanent members of the TNA roster any more. Three absolutely massive losses to TNA. James Storm is TNA along with Bobby Roode so seeing him go is a very sad sight.