• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

SAIYANS

Apparently he wants to do the sign and trade since Phoenix can pay him more than the Knicks can if they just signed him. As for why he wants to go to NY I don't have a clue. If Dantoni was still there I'd get it more but right now with the system pretty much being give Melo the ball and get the fuck out the way it's pointless for Nash to be there. Heard some shit about how he lives in NY during the offseason but would hope there is more to it than that.

Suns denied a new Laker sign and trade according to Stein. He wants LA but Sarver is being a bitch because of a "rivalry" when he knows damn well the Lakers only rival that matters is Boston and SA, now OKC too. Petty sob rather take garbage and a guy with a busted knee than Sessions, McRoberts or Hill, picks, and cash plus Ebanks or Goudelock

SAL

I like when PSYCH just assumes the Lakers are offering BY FAR the best package.

SAIYANS

I'll say Shumpert I the best prospect knee injury aside. But Gadzuric and Douglas are garbage and they are the reported other two to make up 9mil in salary. McRoberts expires and has had some trade value (Memphis tried three times to get him and twice just last year) on top of having been a starter in the league. Ebanks and Goudelock are cheap, heck Goudelock averaged double digit points when he got double digit minutes last year with Blake out for 6 weeks. And Sessions fits the run and gun style but I get not wanting to tie yourself up for years, and Hill had good playoff numbers at PF but I get not wanting to tie yourself up for years.

After Shumpert the deal is trash. If they still had Fields in play it would be good

Last the Lakers have players and are willing to use their TPE to absorb another contract according to Stein to go with picks and cash. And last I checked Sarver liked saving money. He just is being spiteful which is funny cause last I checked rivals beat you for ships like Boston, the Bad Boys, or the Spurs.

PHX

Legacy Member
All I care about is Shumpert if they get some bench warmers to go with him than so be I'll take it over any garbage LA would trade them.

SAL

What bad contract do the Suns have to get rid of other than the terrible Childress deal? And the Lakers would willingly take that on and ensure they'll end up in the upper-upper luxury tax bracket?

PHX

Legacy Member
That's pretty much the only crappy contract they got guess maybe Hakim Warrick making 8 mill over the next two years is one too.

SAIYANS

I take it all back Sarver, I take it all back

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Source confirms: The Suns are sending Steve Nash to the Lakers for draft picks.

Take that Mak and Sal!

SAIYANS

In an unforeseen twist that could thrust the Los Angeles Lakers straight back into title contention, two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash has successfully negotiated a sign-and-trade deal from the Phoenix Suns to the Los Angeles Lakers that will team him up with Kobe Bryant, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nash, with the New York Knicks also pressing hard to complete a simiilar sign-and-trade deal, was swayed to join the Lakers after a determined push from Bryant and because the move not only keeps him in the title hunt but will allow Nash to stay in close proximity to his three children in Phoenix.

Nash will receive a three-year deal in excess of $25 million, sources said, because the Suns ultimately agreed to sign-and-trade him to the Lakers, who can absorb Nash via the trade exception they created by dealing Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks in December.

Sources -- Steve Nash headed to Los Angeles Lakers in sign-and-trade deal - ESPN Los Angeles

Listening to the radio, they say Kobe called him up an sold him ... MAMBA KLOSING

SAL

Even with Nash going back on his word, the Suns had to agree to trade him there. If he insists on the Lakers, why aren't you telling Nash "yeah, the veteran minimum's looking great this year, have fun"?

SAIYANS

They say Kobe talked him into coming in the last minute with one phone call. That call meant more than Amare, Dolan, Woodsen, Melo, Tyson, Gretzy, Calengwlo, and others lining up outside his house ...LMAO

he even took less money than Toronto and NY were trying to give him

16jj0j.png
The reactions of Mak, Brandun, and Sun fanbase ....
RqQjL.png

Cubans TPE made it all possible and they even got the great pg Dwight wanted so don't be shocked

SAIYANS

Quote:
Sources told ESPN.com that Nash will try to convince longtime teammate Grant Hill, one of his closest friends in the game, to join him with the Lakers.

Not bad, Steve, not bad.

PHX

Legacy Member
You do realize Dwight only wants to sign with Brooklyn right? He'll get that great and younger PG in Brooklyn so you need to give it up on that pipe dream.