NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So few things I've heard about Ben Gordon gets traded to the Bobcats (He's fucked) for Maggette with 1st round draft picks involved on both sides. Ray Allen might join the Heat *sigh* Anthony Davis trademarks his damn unibrow :lol: Lamar could go back to the Clippers, and Mo Williams to the Lakers possibly as well as Ron/Pau for Blatche/Ariza/#3 pick. So yeah discuss and add anything I missed.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Also still read about Lakers wanting Beasley.

Also the Rockets have three draft picks now - 14 16 18

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kinda surprised they got such a hardon to get Beasley but then again I guess there is still a lot of potential there.

As for Houston one of those draft picks gotta work out so good stuff for them having the chance to rebuild that team through one of the deeper drafts.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wouldn't object to Pau for those three picks and a Lowry or Martin. Really wouldn't as it would do wonders for that bench. Really and truly I jaut want Pau gone and Sessions either gone or demoted to sixth man after last playoffs

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can't see Lakers being lucky enough to pull all 3 picks plus Lowry but I do see them dumping Lowry with them seeing how good Dragic is who imo is a better PG. Seems like L.A is cool with hanging on to Bynum unless the name Dwight comes up.

AF.

Reaction score
Why would Lakers even be considering Dwight when they have the next best Center in the league?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because Kobe ain't going to be around forever to milk. Kobe was the most profitable guy for the franchise back in 05 surpassing the profits every Laker before him had generated. They charged more for tickets to watch Kobe play with Luke, Kwame, and Smush than Kobe and Shaq, got higher ratings, and made more money despite not having finals runs and being over the tax. They are looking in Forbes own words, the leagues second biggest draw in history since MJ in 3-5 years time. TWC just paid them 5 billion and negotiated an all Kobe block. Jeanie Buss made a joke that Kobe had a down year the year before last because he only generated 80million alone during the season for them (made more last year).

They need a star. Bus's family doesn't have outside businesses. They arent Cuban or the like. Jerry makes money off talent and an image, always has. Kobe sold, Kobe and Shaq sold, Showtime sold ... Bynum won't. The guy has yet to even get an endorsement in LA, and Artest or MWP has gotten multiple. Andrew rubs alot of fans wrong and it's been shown in polls as they have voted on the times and daily news to deal him for Kidd, KG, JO, Melo, and Dwight in the past.

Dwight ain't cut for the same cloth as Kobe. I don't see him being the guy who goes out there and looks at people and says I dont give a fuck, love me or hate me, and then leave it all out there if they boo him. I mean Kobe, Shaq, and Magic have all been booed wearing that jersey in LA but soaked it in and then had them chanting MVP that same game. Dwight however can sell, can provide a name for the fans to get behind, and honestly could be used to lure another talent to the city way better than Bynum.

Im a guy who is content with keeping Bynum, but it is nowhere near the level I was when it came to keeping adobe and letting go of Shaq. I knew Kobe could step into the light and be the man both for the basketball team and franchise. I just don't know about Andrew being there mentally when Kobe walks away or even truly slows down to an all star level and that goes for the whole brass apparently, which is why they would have to bring in another guy with him with a strong mentality and are looking at 2014 to do so.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Houston's 3 first round picks, Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry, Samuel Dalembert and Chandler Parsons for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu.

Houston:
Dragic/Fortson
Parsons/Lee
Turkoglu/Lee (Back up the 2 & 3)
Scola/Patterson
Howard/? (Depends on Camby re-signing)

Trade one of the 1st round picks and a 2nd to Chicago for Deng (if they indeed are shopping him). Trade away Richardson to anyone that'll take him for a modest price (Mid-Late 1st?)

Orlando:
Lowry/Smith/Duhon (Jameer's going to opt out, if he hasn't already)
Martin/Redick/Liggins
Deng/Parsons/Harper
Anderson/Davis (Depends on Anderson re-signing. If Baby can continue the production he had at the tail-end of last season, I'm fine with him gone.)
Dalembert/Davis

Take that, add Brian Shaw as HC, and I honestly think it's a better team than what Orlando has had the past couple seasons.

But of course, that's all my fantasy.

AF.

Reaction score
Dwight should seriously go to the Bulls.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Ben

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what horrible white guy the bucks draft at 12. Have no faith in Hammond picking up anyone good, because besides Jennings all his picks have been busts. Team will still suck no matter what, which is why they should just blow it up. Keep Jennings and trade anyone worth a damn. There's no way Ellis will resign and he has some value.

Prob won't do anything though as there trying to get a new arena and having a team that can sneak in with the 8th seed might help interest in the team and getting the arena financed through the public.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At 14 - Rockets n Bucks swapped picks and Dalembert

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I had it my way Austin Rivers would drop to 13 for Phoenix to pick him but realistically see them just going with a big man or a PG (Kendall Marshall)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well looks like N.O is set for the long term and imo will be the next OKC (Good young team built via draft) with Rivers and Davis leading them.

Showtime

Reaction score
Rivers isn't really that good. Just an overrated chucker imo.

Gordon and Davis will likely be the stars of the team. although I see them having another terrible year and probably drafting a center next year to slide Davis over to PF, his more natural position.