"Mr WrestleMania"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Ok, this just struck me as odd - why is HBK named Mr Wrestlemania, and why is he pushed and told so greatly about at Mania? His record is quite bad, when you look at it.

HBK - Wins/Loss record - 4/7 in singles action, and 1/2 in tag action.

Thats not that impressive of a record, so Im wondering why he is named Mr Wrestlemania, and why he "no one out performs HBK in a big time environment". Im not saying this is bad, but it just seems odd...

The Rated R CMStar

Well, he does lose the match, but he doesn't gets outperformed. So to make it more simple, in the kayfabe world the nickname is wrong, but in real performances world, no one does better matches at Mania than HBK

Montana

Because he generally has the match of the night. Although i think taker is also called mr wrestlemania.

HBK had classics against Razor, Nash, Hitman, AUstin, Jericho, Angle, Vince, Cena, HHH & Beniot,

Travis40

In Kayfabe form that name would have to go to Undertaker because of the streak, but HBK has put on the best matches at Mania for the fans and that's why he deserves to be "Mr. WrestleMania" He has been in almost EVERY single big moment in the history of WrestleMania with the exception of Hogan/Andre

Reaction score
Agreed. All of HBKs Mania matches that Ive seen (V HHH/Benoit, Vinnie, Cena and Angle) I loved, and thought were close to MoTN, it just seems odd to get such a reputation, when you can lose so much.

And I think you're right too Montana, Taker is prolly the Mr Wrestlemania, my bad.

He has been in almost EVERY single big moment in the history of WrestleMania with the exception of Hogan/Andre

There's no way thats true. That's giving him too much credit. Again, no doubt he would share a majority (well, possibly more 'moments' than anyone else) of Mania moments. I dont know my Mania history, but surely there were more moments than HBKs and Andre/Hogan.

NYKings

Reaction score
^Rock/Austin and Rock/Hogan come to mind...

But overall HBK almost always delivers on the big stage and he derserves the "Mr. Wrestlemania" name.

Travis40

HBK at WM 10 vs. Hall
HBK at WM 12 vs. Hart
HBK at WM 13 vs. Nash
HBK at WM 14 vs. Austin
HBK at WM 19 vs. Y2J
HBK at WM 20 vs. Benoit/HHH
HBK at WM 21 vs. Angle
HBK at WM 22 vs. Vince
HBK at WM 23 vs. Cena

Hart/Austin
Hogan/Rock
Rock/Austin
Andre/Hogan

Most of the big WM moments ever....either Austin, Rock, Hogan, or HBK were in them.

MTG

Reaction score
HBK shawn michaels is definately one of the top Wrestlemania preformers. I'm talking non kayfabe right now. Every year he puts on a classic match, his match with john cena was great and WM 21 with kurt angle was great.

Undertaker is obviously the best record wise but he also always has a great match. Him with batista was a fucking sick match and WM 21 with orton was also great, Casket match with mark henry was pretty good too and lets not forget both matches against kane.

NYKings

Reaction score
Undertaker's record doesn't seem so impressive to me. Kayfabe it's great and all BUT the quality of his opponents, not so great. 50% of them just sucked, maybe more.

Reaction score
HBK has put on some amazing performances and has carried his fair share of wrestlemania matches. He does deserve the name of MR. Wrestlemania from a pure performance stand point but spitting on the undertakers record streak is another story. Undertaker allways gets billed against the big guys at wrestlemania since WWE seems to think big guy+big guy=$$$. The only exceptions are Triple H, Flair and Orton that faced the undertaker but everyone else was either carried by Undertaker or was just horrible. Give HBK his dues where he deserves them or would you rather have him injure his back again and say screw WWE and retire.

The Rated R CMStar

OK, I have been thinking more about this and I have come to this, not taking anything from HBK, because he knows how to put a show not only at 'Mania but on every match he has, you have to compare the opponents both men have had, and maybe yes, HBK's matches have been classics, but his opponents are the Angles, the Cenas, The HHHs and Benoits of WWE, that definetly are easier to work with than Mark Henry, Batista, Kane, A-Train. And Taker's matches have not been slobber knockers, but they have not been broing

kevin82593dmk

Reaction score
HBK puts on great matches... but Mr. Wrestlemania

4438978.jpg

That title has to go to this man

Reinvented

Reaction score
Mr.WrestleMania

Who do you think Mr.WrestleMania is?

I think HBK is right when he calls himself Mr.WrestleMania. He has faced the best and beat the best. He became the Showstopper because of WrestleMania my pick HBK!

Soulpower

Agreed! He sealed it when he dragged VINCE MCMAHON to a great match/brawl at Wrestlemania 22. I won't even mention all of his other matches at WM.

Reinvented

Reaction score
Agreed! He sealed it when he dragged VINCE MCMAHON to a great match/brawl at Wrestlemania 22. I won't even mention all of his other matches at WM.

I will mention some more.

WrestleMania XIX
HBK vs Y2J

WrestleMania 21
Kurt Angle vs HBK

Hell even WrestleMania 23 was good
HBK vs John Cena.