Most anticipated movies of 2012?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Captain America is SUPPOSED to set up The Avengers... he's THE FIRST AVENGER lmao. It's HIS entity from a tactical standpoint. He gets Fury to fund everything while he chooses the team to fuck shit up. It was awesome in that they told his story to a T tho... it was the cleanest to follow the comics.

X3's storyline hurt it for me, but it wasn't just that. It was the stupid focus of Phoenix and the cancer kid... and anyone with half a fucking brain knew Wolverine was going to be the one to fuck Phoenix up. It also made Magneto look shit and he did nothing to help the X-Men, which would have been the right path to follow anything from the comics. He's not supposed to be comfortable with the elimination of any mutant, even those who get in his way. And it was stupid of them to transfer Charles' entire being into the comatose patient and force-sell that point in his "death". But off of effects and action, I'd put it between X-Men and X2.

But yes, Fessbender was outright genius. I didn't think they could get anyone to do the role justice, because Landa's just outright perfect for the role and it's not easy to mimic anything he does, damn sure not fill his part... but Fessbender nailed that shit. And I don't know about anyone else, but the Wolverine appearance in the movie was the greatest fucking cameo I've ever seen.

Rell

Reaction score
Wolverines cameo was classic

and yeah, I understand Cap was supposed to set up The Avengers, which is why I said it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It felt too prequely (I made up a word) though. I still liked it, aside from the abrupt demise of Red Skull. I'm still not entirely sure of what actually happened to the fucker. He went into the cosmic cube thingy, and that's it? Did he die? What's next?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The cosmic cube opens the portal to other realms, it's how Thor traveled to Earth. Red Skull was transported to one of the 9 realms where he forms his alliance with other villains... it's why they call on Thor to join The Avengers.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
No because then I will sit there extremely depressed because no matter how many times I tried I could never beat that fucking game.

Rell

Reaction score
lol I love how this turned into a Marvel thread

It's not happening anytime soon but I desperately want a Rocknrolla sequel. I loved the original and felt it set up a potential sequel perfectly (Johnny Quid becomming a boss)

Guy Ritchie confirmed he's finished the script and claims it's brilliant but as long as Warner keeps throwing him big films like the Shelock Holmes franchise, it wont be happening anytime soon.

Also, it sucks there isn't gonna be another Hellboy (that Guellermo Del Toro's apart of, anyway)...I thought Hellboy 2 was great.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
My bad about Spiderman*, you're right, it's Sony.

However, the last thing I saw was that Stan Lee told people to expect Peter Parker's parents to be spoken of in The Avengers because he had an agreement with Columbia to tie the character in in future.

refering to vague characters in the Avengers as the spies named the Parkers wouldn't really infringe on any licencing agreements though so no agreement would be needed. Its not like they will say in the Avengers, the spies the Parkers who's son Peter is busy web slinging around New York. Peter Parker's parents are not actually characters in the Spider-man universe.

And Fox would be smart to accept a buyout to let the cast/characters appear in the Avengers series, because it will make them money in the deal itself, and then also a portion from the film(s)

Please explain to me how Fox accepting a one time payout to terminate there contract would be a good idea? They would make money on the buyout yes, but they don't get money from the fims that the X-Men cameo in after words. Taking a buyout to end their contract for the X-Men early would be a huge mistake because they get the lump sum and thats it. That lump sum will never come close to the amount of money Fox could make by making more movies during that time, with all the spin off possibilties they could do. Fox already knows that Marvel will not renew the contract once its up, so if Fox is smart, they should milk it for all its worth until then.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm not talking a buyout of the entire series, I'm talking buying the rights to use the actors/characters... not take the entire franchise and keep it for themselves (that obviously wouldn't happen).

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Again that won't happen either. Fox has an iron clad contract, and for the 1 or two characters that would actually be leased out it probably wouldn't be worth doing. Also I'm pretty sure Fox probably doesn't have the rights to re-lease the rights that they are leasing themselves.

The thing is, if you need X-Men to appear in an Avengers movie to make it work then maybe its not worth making an Avengers movie. These characters need to stand on their own. Yes in the comics their is some cross over in their histories, but these origins as they are called in comics came after they had already established the individual selves.

I realize the fun of having cameo appearences and all, but the movie is the Avengers, not Magneto, Wolverine and the Avengers. These other series appearences aren't nessisary to make these movies.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Except, Wolverine & Magneto were a HUGE part of Captain America's history... and a major focus of one of the Avengers' greatest missions when Magneto let Wolverine due to their differences of opinion... it was Captain America and Thor who came to Wolverine's aid.

IDK, as a fan of the comics, I get lost in the story and see a lot of this stuff as necessary, especially if you know the real Captain America progression. Also, The Avengers isn't just a group of 7 heroes, that's just their initial start (which I've never said The Avengers needed the 75+ heroes who appeared in more than 10 missions)... but as a fan I'd like to see the most common appearances (particularly Spiderman & X-Men) have something to do with it sooner rather than later/never.

Reaction score
Getting this back on track:

Three Stooges. Farelly Brothers. I am stoked. Grew up with the Stooges and the Farellys can do comedy very well. And Sasso is a Curly doppelganger.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
That movie is gonna be a HUGE crock of shit I know it will be. That movie once had Benico Del Toro, Jim Carrey and Sean Penn casted. Farrelly brothers haven't made a good movie since Shallow Hal.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
So I actually finally saw the trailers for Amazing Spider-man, and I have a couple thoughts....

1) I get why everyone thinks their will be a connection between this movie and Avengers since Parker's parents are actually in the movie and Peter obviously later discovers his parents were spies. But that doesn't mean it will be explained who and what specifically they were spying on. And it most likely means that even if the Parkers are mentioned in any way in the Avengers movie it will not be by name.

2) Its too dark. Everyone seems to think that because Batman Begins & Batman The Dark Knight did so well being presented as a dark hero, that all hero movies have to be dark. But the reason Batman did well this way is because Batman has always been a dark hero. It played to the original roots of the character. Spider-man is not a dark hero. He's a wise cracking hero, and it looks like this Spider-man is going to be a dead serious take no prisoners hero. Not sure how well that can be received.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler