• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It's based on the actual comic book series... storyline, Stan Lee said it's everything you could ask for out of a comic-movie for Spiderman. The only problem I have with the movie itself is that it appears they've whored out for 3D to make the audience feel like they're in 1st person too often... 3D sucks anyways.

But the tie-in for The Avengers is going to kick ass... I'm all for the story in this one... I can deal with some cheesy POV shots if it means I'm getting a brilliant tie-in storywise.

But I'm also a fan of Iron Man (1 & 2), Captain America, Thor and trust that they can actually make this work. I know plenty of people who hate the films leading into The Avengers for multiple reasons... but the stories themselves have been fucking awesome for me, because they're true to Stan Lee's initial direction with the comics.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
How is there going to be a tie-in? Avengers is the first marvel movie that is actually in complete control by Marvel. All the Marvel movies prior and even some still to come are licenced to multiple different movie studio's. Its the reason why there was no connection between Daredevil & Spider-man in the movies before despite both games taking place in New York, the Daredevil movie makes no reference or shows anything related to Spider-man. They couldn't even have the characters reading newspapers reading the Daily Bugle in Daredevil because of Movie Studio licences. The Amazing Spider-man movie is licenced to Columbia movies and had been done so prior to Disney buying Marvel. Yes the plan is to eventually get everything under the Marvel Studio Licence like all the Avenger & Avenger related titles now are, but until then, having anything related to Spider-man in the Avengers movie would most likely be a breech of the contract Marvel has with Columbia for Spider-man right now.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Whole bunch of them under license to Fox as well, including X-Men.

Anyway, I'd still dig a movie with the Spider-Man/Punisher crossover.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^FOX is the reason they couldn't tie in the other films (X-Men being the prime example). Fox let go of the Spider Man title, Stan Lee took it to Columbia with the stipulation of allowing the cross with the Marvel Studio because Spider Man is a MAJOR player in The Avengers and he has gotten tired of Fox dictating the usage of his characters.

BTW, there's also rumor of Stan Lee taking X-Men back away from Fox, and in the buyout will be able to take actors with him (Hugh Jackman most notably) so that he can put Wolverine & Magneto into the next Captain America film like he was supposed to be able to do with the first one until Fox backed out of the deal to lease the characters over.

Columbia has no affiliation with Fox, they're tied in with Marvel and yes, this Spiderman is already billed as being a part of The Avengers series.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
^^^Fox didn't have Spider-man, the original Spider-man movies were licenced to Sony Pictures, hense why the Playstation 3 originally used the same font for their logo because Sony owned the font.

Also you can't TAKE back your propery if you've signed a licencing contract with someone. Yes Marvel could try to buyout the contract, but Fox would be foolish to accept the buy out. So don't count on that happening anytime soon.

Please link where your getting all your info for this suposed tie in between Spider-man and the Avenger movies, because I have come across nothing of the sort.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Oh and Hugh Jackman is not under an exclusive contract to Fox either. So if Fox was stupid enough to take a buyout and the X-Men series of movies were relicenced to another movie studio there is no rule saying they can't hire him to play the same character again in the new movies. Just like none of the actors involved in the Avengers movies were tied to contracts with Paramount hense why they can reprise their roles as the same characters under the new Marvel Studios.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Spiderman 2 was good as well. The third sucked though.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
anywho, reading news sites, that confirm there is no tie-ins between Spider-man and the Avengers in the movies because of licencing rights. However the one artical does explain why some may beleive there is. The contracts with the movie studios are for live action movies only. The new animated series and animated movies that are being produced will have Spider-man as a member of the Avengers. And many of the actors who play the characters in the live action movies are being hired to voice the same characters in these new animations.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
My bad about Spiderman*, you're right, it's Sony.

However, the last thing I saw was that Stan Lee told people to expect Peter Parker's parents to be spoken of in The Avengers because he had an agreement with Columbia to tie the character in in future.

And Fox would be smart to accept a buyout to let the cast/characters appear in the Avengers series, because it will make them money in the deal itself, and then also a portion from the film(s)

Reaction score
That's like the first rule of Spiderman, you don't talk about his parents. Aunt May. AUNT MAY!

Spiderman 2 was good as well. The third sucked though.

T'was. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock?? Worst casting in a comic movie, ever. Even worse than Nic Cage as Ghost Rider.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
classy-spiderman-uncle-ben-joke-8688-1314069164-14.jpg

...god...

Reaction score
can definitely see them alluding to the Amazing Spider-Man in the Avengers movie.

Also, it's beyond me how you guys didn't find Iron Man or the fucking X-MEN series to be good movies.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Cap America and Thor were the best imo...

...Iron Man got a little cheesy at times, but I love the shit. Robert Downey, Jr. can take a crap all movie long and it'd be the greatest shit ever... fuck Jackass.

X-Men and X2 were awesome. Origins: Wolverine was cool, except they got carried away and ruined the actual timeline, and then the exclusivity with Fox ruined it because Captain America was supposed to be included in the story. X3 sucked, badly. That was worse than Spiderman 3 imo. X-Men First Class was insane though... loved it.

Rell

Reaction score
:roflmao: lucas

Cap America and Thor were the best imo...

...Iron Man got a little cheesy at times, but I love the shit. Robert Downey, Jr. can take a crap all movie long and it'd be the greatest shit ever... fuck Jackass.

X-Men and X2 were awesome. Origins: Wolverine was cool, except they got carried away and ruined the actual timeline, and then the exclusivity with Fox ruined it because Captain America was supposed to be included in the story. X3 sucked, badly. That was worse than Spiderman 3 imo. X-Men First Class was insane though... loved it.

Thor was decent.

Cap seemed to be setting up The Avengers more than anything, which isn't necessarly bad thing I guess. I don't know...It just didn't feel like its own entity to me. The end very well done though. I marked the fuck out.

I might be the only person on the internet who was admittedly entertained by X3. People complained about it not following the comic and what not, but I don't read comics so I wouldn't have known either way. I thought it was a fun movie with a couple really cool action scenes. Phoenix was fucking shit up. I don't know how anyone can dislike First Class though. Watching Fessbender do his best Hans Landa impression while incorporating the characteristics of Magnito was good shit.