Monitoring the WWEN launch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A service being down due to overwhelming support day one is considered a massive failure?

They should've opened up registrations ages ago to take the load off day one though, because apparently the streaming service so far is working flawlessly. When I really think about it, just why didn't they do this?

The statement I made before I said massive failure explains why I said it... they should have been prepared.. basically the same thing you just said but in less detail.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Success, got to the page where I can click PayPal, then it dies.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
The statement I made before I said massive failure explains why I said it... they should have been prepared.. basically the same thing you just said but in less detail.

All in all, I'm not completely sure how much they could've been prepared in the end. This isn't a rare occurrence, just look at SimCity or Diablo 3 for example. Plus, the service is outsourced so it isn't exactly their fault in the end anyway.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
All in all, I'm not completely sure how much they could've been prepared in the end. This isn't a rare occurrence, just look at SimCity or Diablo 3 for example. Plus, the service is outsourced so it isn't exactly their fault in the end anyway.

you said the actual streaming is fine, right? So the only issue is signing up... they should have had signups open as soon as they announced the launch date.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
you said the actual streaming is fine, right? So the only issue is signing up... they should have had signups open as soon as they announced the launch date.

Yeah, but I'm genuinely wondering now how many people -have- successfully signed up to consider that a fair benchmark.

If millions signed up over the last two weeks and they all signed in at the same time to watch the Network today, just how much better would it be? We'll be able to fairly evaluate it in the next week (and at Wrestlemania, the true test), when everyones signed up and streaming.

Reactions: Jonathan

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
According to some other board post, latest available RAW is January 19th, 2014 and latest available PPV is TLC 2013.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Got to the signup page, only country available is the united states... time to create a new identity? :lol1:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
For the prefix suggestion, if there is enough discussion about it then I'm down. For now it's not really needed.

I imagine once it's available to watch, and people are organising LD's for the shows there'll be an influx of network threads.