Miz to stay champ till mania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, there is talk of having The Miz's title reign extended since he wasn't scheduled to be a long-term champion. As mentioned before, WWE has been very pleased with The Miz's media appearances since winning the title.

Meltzer reports that there is an idea going around about having John Cena vs. The Miz at Wrestlemania, which wasn't even considered when Miz first won the title.

Lastly, in a recent interview with hollywoodlife.com, Miz cut a promo on LeBron James. James was among the possible names to be a Wrestlemania celebrity but there is almost zero chance of that happening since there is a Miami Heat game scheduled for the day of the PPV.
I really hope he does stay champ that long. Maybe have him still be champ after mania and drop it at backlash.

Baller

Reaction score
If he faces Cena at Mania he will drop it then. No doubt about that.

The Nicker

Reaction score
This would be an absolutely horrible idea. They better not go through with it. Seriously. Miz is nowhere near Wrestlemania Main Event material. That would be like, a Cena-push or something if they do it.

Kairi

Reaction score
i like miz as champion now however i do not know if he can pull it off until mania. however if they decide to go with it i hope he makes people think of him as an interesting champ and not someone who was champ and became dull

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
I like Miz as champ....but there's no way he's going to make a WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT. Not yet.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I said this weeks ago. Things will come full circle for Miz when he faces Cena 1 on 1 for the title at WM (unless Taker decides this will be his last). It makes no sense to have it be Punk, Wade, or anyone else besides those 2 to face Cena.

Kizza

Reaction score
Jesus Christ.

How many shits can you take on one championship?

The guy's not championship material. He's boring on the ring, and less than impressive on the mic. He's simply not meant to ne a champion, he has no redeeming attributes to be a major champion.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He is more marketable than Punk, Wade, Bryan, Kaval, Christian, and any of those guys. MTV, ESPN, TMZ, and other outlets have ate him winning the belt up. As a business you want to have a marketable and noticeable champion.

He is more over as a heel than most.

He is passable in the ring and far worse have held the belt (Khali, Nash, Goldberg).

He is young.

He can cut a promo on live TV.

He is a hard worker that has no history of drug test failures, bad behavior, and is willing to bust his ass for the company

Those are redeeming attributes in the eyes of anyone who is running a major corporation imo.

Baller

Reaction score
He is more marketable than Punk, Wade, Bryan, Kaval, Christian, and any of those guys. MTV, ESPN, TMZ, and other outlets have ate him winning the belt up. As a business you want to have a marketable and noticeable champion.

He is passable in the ring and far worse have held the belt (Khali, Nash, Goldberg).

He is young.

He is a hard worker that has no history of drug test failures, bad behavior, and is willing to bust his ass for the company

Those are redeeming attributes in the eyes of anyone who is running a major corporation imo.

This. He is actually a very good champion, nobody saw John Cena has the champ. He was just some dumb white rapper and now look what he is. Miz is extremely over with the crowd, decent in the ring, and very good on the mic.

???

Banned
Reaction score

He is young.

None of that qualifies you for a WrestleMania main event though, aside from perhaps the first. The rest of them just say that he's a guy who has a future in the company at the top. He still has the stigma of a midcarder for mine, and that itself rules out him being good enough to main event WrestleMania, let alone any PPVs.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

He is young.

What's with you and the Punk mentions :side: Punk can be just as marketable for his gimmick alone.

But I think the whole "midcard feel" to him adds to his title reign as it's a heel trying to prove his worth as champion instead of a face doing it. This has pretty much been the story of his career people saying he won't be anymore than whatever whatever. So he makes a pretty good champion to me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punk isn't as marketable. The lifestyle is cool, but he is just RTC all over again when they get to using it out loud (that is all SES was). And as a pushed face that thrived on being straight edge and only addicted to competition, he wasn't even more over than most of the mid card acts like Matt and so on whenever he was put on live TV (Survivor Series 06 in smark country not included).

He isn't the well known reality TV persona that has appeared on many shows before stepping foot in a ring, and is actually good at it. Miz has the better (cleaner) look and marketability factor over him. Plus he is more over than Punk is.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk isn't as marketable. The lifestyle is cool, but he is just RTC all over again when they get to using it out loud (that is all SES was). And as a pushed face that thrived on being straight edge and only addicted to competition, he wasn't even more over than most of the mid card acts like Matt and so on whenever he was put on live TV (Survivor Series 06 in smark country not included).

He isn't the well known reality TV persona that has appeared on many shows before stepping foot in a ring, and is actually good at it. Miz has the better (cleaner) look and marketability factor over him. Plus he is more over than Punk is.
For one the RTC comparison is Blue to me. Totally different things. They were just censoring stuff that wasn't pg basically. Punk's on the other hand was being pushed as a kind of religion damn near and is an actual lifestyle. When wrestling gets bashed for steroid use and all that having a guy who clearly is against drugs helps tons. Know how much marketability comes from a guy being drug free & alcohol free. I get what you are saying about Miz since it's true, but the downsizing Punk part I do not get.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The don't follow these false idols who live immorally by drinking, using drugs, and we will save you if you are willing was what RTC was based off of over a decade ago (they extended it to sex because of the raunchy era they were in). They adapted it to fit with Punk's style and personal choices, but the underlying holier than thou message was the same for both them and SES.

I'm not downsizing Punk as much as I am pointing out that he belongs in the same group of guys who aren't more marketable than Miz as the star and WWE champion. He is a bigger and brighter star than Bryan, Kaval, Christian, and those guys will ever be, but he is also built in that Jericho/Foley/Rey mold where he will always be a good stopgap or temporary fix while never being THE GUY like a Cena, Dave, Orton, HBK, or HHH. That just isn't his ceiling because he isn't that level of being over, taken and booked that seriously, nor does he have that look. The guy has a hell of a personality and technical/mic skills but he isn't someone you give the keys too over a long haul.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Punk is definitely someone who is marketable as champion. When he first won the gold in '08, Vince pushed him out into the media and made him do interviews because he knew it would get them past the Benoit fiasco. Punk, as a face, as champion is actually a dream for Vince, because as long as he's at the top, Vince can use him to say that the WWE doesn't endorse using steroids to get to the top.

To group him with guys like Kaval is just flat out insulting both to him and to anyone's intelligence that you're trying to debate with.