Miz to stay champ till mania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baller

Reaction score
I mean saying look really doesn't have that much to do with it because guys change their look as they change from heel to face or face to heel ala Punk or Chris Jericho. Miz may be more marketable, but punk is way better then Miz.

Baller

Reaction score
I endorse both of those superstars. They both got their characters nailed to the tee, however Punk is better then Rhodes, although I do hope he gets an I.C. Title run soon.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I don't see how PSYCH endorses Cody Rhodes and bashes CM Punk.

He lives in his own little world where things only make sense to him and him alone.

Anyway, go ahead and extend Miz's title run to WrestleMania all they want. That's cool. Miz is driving certain people nuts as WWE Champion and I LOVE it. It's so refreshing to have a WWE Champion who's actually earned his success, unlike Triple H's political clowns like Sheamus and Orton.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't see how PSYCH endorses Cody Rhodes and bashes CM Punk.

Saying Punk is in the mold of Rey, Jericho, and Foley but not in the HHH, Cena, or Dave mold which Miz has a chance to reach because of his look and marketability is bashing him?

Baller

Reaction score
So basically if you look Dashing and can be marketable you can go to the elite tier. Good call.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Miz ain't dashing :side:

SAL

Reaction score
I'll save myself a little time and a lot of words by simply saying that PSYCH is wrong. Miz isn't at the level of facing Cena for the title at WM yet. Neither is Punk to be honest. They can have Miz take the belt into WM, although that would be catastrophically stupid, but if they do they shouldn't compound the problem by wasting Cena in that mid-card match.

Kizza

Reaction score
What's with you and the Punk mentions :side: Punk can be just as marketable for his gimmick alone.

But I think the whole "midcard feel" to him adds to his title reign as it's a heel trying to prove his worth as champion instead of a face doing it. This has pretty much been the story of his career people saying he won't be anymore than whatever whatever. So he makes a pretty good champion to me.

Yes, but when it comes to the main event of Wrestlemania, you can't have a "midcard feel" to your top champion. You need your top draws, your big guns, your dependables in the main even. Not your almosts, nearly there's.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yes, but when it comes to the main event of Wrestlemania, you can't have a "midcard feel" to your top champion. You need your top draws, your big guns, your dependables in the main even. Not your almosts, nearly there's.
Well I'm assuming that this match wouldn't be the match that ended mania, Taker's match whatever that may be would. Cena/Miz for the world title would be like HHH/Jericho from years ago at mania.

Kizza

Reaction score
I hope to God Undertaker/Kane isn't the main event, presuming that's what they would be going for.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I want to say the fact that it would be the 3rd time Kane has faced Taker at mania would be the reason why it wouldn't happen. But it probably would be worked as a 3rd time is a charm type shit. What I'm personally hoping for is HHH to face Taker at mania to not only have a 2nd crack at him like Shawn did but to try and avenge Shawn in a sense.

Kizza

Reaction score
I hope Undertaker doesn't face anyone like that.

I'd much rather this be his last match, and he faces Cena, and Cena retires him. Passing of the torch really, it needs to happen.

SAL

Reaction score
They would not have Cena beat Taker at Mania, not as long as they want to keep Cena a face. The huge '05-'06 backlash against him would be back immediately, if not stronger.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much so that wouldn't be smart to do. If someone were to end his streak it would need to be a heel because that is quite the bragging right to have. So unless that was the time they finally decided lets make this heel run with Cena happen it's not a good idea to give that bragging right to someone who wouldn't brag.