MITB Match Officially Scrapped From WrestleMania + ppv Schedule and Sheamus / FCW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Davey Boy's win over Bret wasn't the WWF title but it was certainly bigger than the WWF title that night

I think Citan was referring to the matches Smith had with Michaels for the World Title.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think Citan was referring to the matches Smith had with Michaels for the World Title.

Yeah I know and I'm talking about Bret vs Davey. That match was WWF title caliber for sure

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles

Yeah, precisely.

Also came close at Unforgiven 1999.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah I know and I'm talking about Bret vs Davey. That match was WWF title caliber for sure

I also realize that, but the original question posed wasn't about the IC belt, which Smith won anyway, but rather the World Title, which he did not. I still feel that match is slightly overrated by a lot of people, but it was definitely a good one. Of course having the bar set so low with the incredible 10 star classic that was Undertaker/Kamala before it definitely helped. :lol:

Totally off-topic but the Savage/Warrior match on the same show was also quite good, if not nearly up to the level of 'Mania VII.

Citan said:
Also came close at Unforgiven 1999.

That was a fantastic main event which ALSO had the benefit of a "standard lowering" match two before it with the Kennel From Hell, but man the one-two punch of Jericho/X-Pac and the six-man really brought Unforgiven home with a bang.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I also realize that, but the original question posed wasn't about the IC belt, which Smith won anyway, but rather the World Title, which he did not. I still feel that match is slightly overrated by a lot of people, but it was definitely a good one. Of course having the bar set so low with the incredible 10 star classic that was Undertaker/Kamala before it definitely helped. :lol:

Totally off-topic but the Savage/Warrior match on the same show was also quite good, if not nearly up to the level of 'Mania VII.

That was a fantastic main event which ALSO had the benefit of a "standard lowering" match two before it with the Kennel From Hell, but man the one-two punch of Jericho/X-Pac and the six-man really brought Unforgiven home with a bang.

Yep undertaker vs Kamala could go down as one of the greatest matches in history

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yep undertaker vs Kamala could go down as one of the greatest matches in history

I always remember how long it took Undertaker to get to the ring. I swear I went to the bathroom twice.

W-olf

Reaction score
I always remember how long it took Undertaker to get to the ring. I swear I went to the bathroom twice.
So it took him longer to get to the ring than the actual match?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So it took him longer to get to the ring than the actual match?

Without having seen it in years I believe so. I do remember that it ended in a shitty DQ finish, as if anyone really wanted to see a rematch down the road. Well I guess Vince did because we got the brilliant Casket Match at Survivor Series which was just another 10 star masterpiece.

W-olf

Reaction score
Damn tried it twice hopefully the ending was the send off then .

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Undertaker was just really bad for a long long time

W-olf

Reaction score
I'll be honest I liked him and his gimmick so much I'd had never notice .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Damn tried it twice hopefully the ending was the send off then .

Sure, they had to end the feud because 'Taker was getting primed for the epic Giant Gonzalez feud that set the whole world ablaze in its glory.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
yup...another technical marvel...the only good thing about that was getting a good dose of Wippleman talking

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
yup...another technical marvel...the only good thing about that was getting a good dose of Wippleman talking
Honestly, the moment when Gonzalez first appeared and tossed 'Taker out was definitely cool. It probably would have been even cooler if he hadn't been assing it up in WCW a year before as El Gigante AKA "I want the BELT" but hey, you take what you can get. It's true about 'Taker not being that good back then, but that's also due to a lack of talent for him to work with.