MITB Match Officially Scrapped From WrestleMania + ppv Schedule and Sheamus / FCW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
eh but Hogan was a heel in that movie and a heel right before he became Hulkamania.. He just wasn't very good. I never liked Hogan. Even as a kid I didn't really root for him. I like Ultimate Warrior more. That soon changed as I started liking heels more but Hogan just was always...blah to me

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
eh but Hogan was a heel in that movie and a heel right before he became Hulkamania.. He just wasn't very good. I never liked Hogan. Even as a kid I didn't really root for him. I like Ultimate Warrior more. That soon changed as I started liking heels more but Hogan just was always...blah to me

I was more of a heel fan from a young age because guys like Roberts and Savage were always my favourites, then when Rude came along he became my favourite. I swear I was probably the only person who cheered when Rude beat Warrior at WM 5 for the IC Title out of the entire arena where we were watching it on Closed Circuit.

However, its important to remember that while Hogan was the good guy, he did his fair share of heel things as well. That no-dq match with Kamala that I posted earlier has him throwing powder in his eyes. He was always a bit of a cheat.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
that is also very true

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Its much harder to be a heel. You have to get the crowd to react. The second you hear "I am a real American" the fans go crazy. As a heel you have to do things in a certain way that just piss the fans off like Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler. It's a lot harder to get the fans to hate you than it is to get a pop when your music hits.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Its much harder to be a heel. You have to get the crowd to react. The second you hear "I am a real American" the fans go crazy. As a heel you have to do things in a certain way that just piss the fans off like Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler. It's a lot harder to get the fans to hate you than it is to get a pop when your music hits.

See I'd argue the opposite. I think its a lot easier to be a heel because everyone can naturally be a dick, its just human nature. Getting the audience to cheer for you isn't as easy as you might think and your music won't do it alone. You have to make them buy into whatever your selling (in Hogan's case, prayers and vitamins) enough that they fully support you. I think its a lot harder to cut face promos and try to make the audience cheer than cutting heel promos to make them boo.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
See I'd argue the opposite. I think its a lot easier to be a heel because everyone can naturally be a dick, its just human nature. Getting the audience to cheer for you isn't as easy as you might think and your music won't do it alone. You have to make them buy into whatever your selling (in Hogan's case, prayers and vitamins) enough that they fully support you. I think its a lot harder to cut face promos and try to make the audience cheer than cutting heel promos to make them boo.

It's harder to be a heel. When your a face the fans really don't care what you do (I'll give you examples in a minute) they just like you because your their favorite. You just have to cut a promo about what the fans want to hear. When your a heel you have to say the right bad things to get fans to hate you. You need facial expressions and voice control. Faces don't need that. They can say good things with a little energy and the fans will eat of the palm of their hand. Look at Bobby Roode and Sting. Roode puts so much emotion into his heel promos. He try's really hard. Why did the fans cheer sting, for putting on face paint. It's not that hard to put on face paint. Roode's entire promo was carefully executed saying how he's the best and how he retired sting. What was Sting's promo, five minutes about how he was going to kick Bobby's ass. So it's harder to be a heel. Take The Rock. Back when he was a full time wrestler all you had to hear was the opening line of his entrance music. "If ya smell what the rock is cookin" and the fans went wild. So it's a lot harder to be a heel

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's harder to be a heel. When your a face the fans really don't care what you do (I'll give you examples in a minute) they just like you because your their favorite. You just have to cut a promo about what the fans want to hear. When your a heel you have to say the right bad things to get fans to hate you. You need facial expressions and voice control. Faces don't need that. They can say good things with a little energy and the fans will eat of the palm of their hand. Look at Bobby Roode and Sting. Roode puts so much emotion into his heel promos. He try's really hard. Why did the fans cheer sting, for putting on face paint. It's not that hard to put on face paint. Roode's entire promo was carefully executed saying how he's the best and how he retired sting. What was Sting's promo, five minutes about how he was going to kick Bobby's ass. So it's harder to be a heel. Take The Rock. Back when he was a full time wrestler all you had to hear was the opening line of his entrance music. "If ya smell what the rock is cookin" and the fans went wild. So it's a lot harder to be a heel

Of course the fans care what you do, and the reason they cheer for Sting is partially due to his longevity in the business and because he's probably the most over face on the roster. That doesn't have anything to do with him putting on the makeup. The fans are pre-conditioned to hate dude, that's why its easier to be a heel. The fans are naturally jealous of the wrestlers because they get women, have better bodies, etc. Don't you think that makes it easier for them to be hated than loved? A face has to convince the fans to buy into what they're selling while a heel only has to insult them.

What's easier, selling a Ferrari or spitting on it?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Eh, keep it. I don't want that. Unless you're there, it isn't worth it.

Sorry, I'd never go to Newark willingly, not even for you. :lol:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Than you can keep your prize.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah Real American alone wasn't enough to get the crown in a frenzy that is a fact because it was actually Windham and Rotundos theme first but after they left they gave it to Hogan. And no I didn't wikipedia it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah Real American alone wasn't enough to get the crown in a frenzy that is a fact because it was actually Windham and Rotundos theme first but after they left they gave it to Hogan. And no I didn't wikipedia it.

Windham and Rotundo's theme was Born In The USA by Bruce Springstein

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Real American was made for them buddy. They used it. I was alive then. You were not.