Major Creative Shakeup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If fans could send in ideas then what would happen is the WWE website would crash because it would be over loaded by emails from fans. In the hundreds of thousands of emails that they would receive there would only be half a dozen good ideas and it would be a huge waste of time and money to search through the crap to find the gold. It would be a better use of money to hire some quality writers in the first place.

With regards to that second report what will probably happen is WWE will get their act together for the Road to WrestleMania, as they always do, and then things will gradually start to fall apart after that. The cycle will continue for yet another year.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If fans could send in ideas then what would happen is the WWE website would crash because it would be over loaded by emails from fans. In the hundreds of thousands of emails that they would receive there would only be half a dozen good ideas and it would be a huge waste of time and money to search through the crap to find the gold. It would be a better use of money to hire some quality writers in the first place.

With regards to that second report what will probably happen is WWE will get their act together for the Road to WrestleMania, as they always do, and then things will gradually start to fall apart after that. The cycle will continue for yet another year.

Not only that but think about how many people you'd have to hire to sift through it all and then how qualified is that person to judge them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If fans could send in ideas then what would happen is the WWE website would crash because it would be over loaded by emails from fans. In the hundreds of thousands of emails that they would receive there would only be half a dozen good ideas and it would be a huge waste of time and money to search through the crap to find the gold. It would be a better use of money to hire some quality writers in the first place. With regards to that second report what will probably happen is WWE will get their act together for the Road to WrestleMania, as they always do, and then things will gradually start to fall apart after that. The cycle will continue for yet another year.

No, because what you are forgetting is that fans are already free to send ideas in it is just that WWE are unlikely to look at them. This way I am talking about an open door policy where management would say that if they liked any ideas they could work something out. Its no big deal doubt you would get that many anyway, its not as if WWE has to constantly check them and for a company that size I don't think it would cost that much time and effort to go through them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Do you realize how many fans WWE have that would send in ideas? They would never be able to read all of them, and with the majority probably being stupid, no one would want to.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Do you realize how many fans WWE have that would send in ideas? They would never be able to read all of them, and with the majority probably being stupid, no one would want to.

Who says they have to look through them all through just every now and again have a look through them. Also why assume they would all be bad? If you are a long term fan and have a good in depth knowledge of wrestling I bet you could come up with some better stuff than the hacks WWE currently employ.

Reaction score
Not sure where in that post I said anything about myself, but thanks for that incredibly awful backhanded comment anyway. You're a classy guy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Who says they have to look through them all through just every now and again have a look through them. Also why assume they would all be bad? If you are a long term fan and have a good in depth knowledge of wrestling I bet you could come up with some better stuff than the hacks WWE currently employ.

Because the majority of fans that would send in would probably be kids (with their parents' permission of course), or guys from the internet, and no, these "hacks" that they currently employ aren't half as bad as it would be if WWE took people from this or any other wrestling forum to write for them. Dean Ambrose would have debuted a year and a half ago and would already had 22 world title reigns. Cena would be fired, everyone would be heel. Yeah, I don't see this working.

Reaction score
LOL exactly.

Chris knows what's up. Internet fans having any kind of sway on the product is a terrible thing. A bunch of armchair critics with no real experience or foresight pretending they know *everything*.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Before I get bashed by the site, I'm not saying all Internet fans are like that, the majority of this site isn't, but I see them being the guys to send in ideas. I know I wouldn't bother with it because there would be almost a 0% chance it got read in the first place, much less used.

Reaction score
Yeah most of the folks that post here are actually pretty level-headed. That's the only reason I keep posting here, the vast majority of internet wrestling fans I've come across are terrible sheep. They share basically the same opinions on anything, and accept dogmas as fact. Simple shit like Big Show is a big wrestler, so automatically he's not a good wrestler. Lately I've seen Sheamus is somehow one of their public enemies. They want new people to be pushed constantly, but anyone who gets successful is suddenly hated. It's been this way for years.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You give fans the place to do storylines, someone like Yoshi Tatsu would beat Taker at Mania, because he is Japanese therefore he is better.

You know, typical troll stuff. 4chan shit.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Before I get bashed by the site, I'm not saying all Internet fans are like that, the majority of this site isn't, but I see them being the guys to send in ideas. I know I wouldn't bother with it because there would be almost a 0% chance it got read in the first place, much less used.
More than likely the only people who would send in ideas would be those who are completely infatuated with wrestling. I wouldn't really want to embarrass myself by sending in ideas and writing out huge long-winded storylines. I mean some people still think wrestling is 'real' in terms of the storylines. Sometimes I think we as the IWC are too critical of WWE creative and we tend to be ignorant as to what they get told to do by the higher-ups. At the same time it's clear that creative need to improve.

Reaction score
The IWC moniker still makes me laugh.

Wresting fans are able to discern what they like or don't like. I don't see an issue with those that express being bored, tired, or uninterested in certain wrestlers, programs, etc. You either like it or you don't. It's all opinion. And I think it's reasonable when the WWE tries to figure out what it is about their product is turning people off, especially if they find they are losing their audience.

I think the idea of soliciting booking ideas from the general public would be a waste of time, other than used as a lure to get people to visit their website. Fans who were never in the business won't know how to book at all. Sure, you can suggest things like dick jokes for Mr McMahon to deliver. But as far as how you'd actually book an angle, the matches, set up, etc. Fans who weren't in the business at that level really won't be able to make very useful, detailed suggestions other than it would be neat if those two guys rassle together.

Being able to say that promo or that program sucked is one thing. You can even pull out little reasons about why it didn't work for you and they could be perfectly valid reasons. It's completely different territory being able to create a program that makes wrestling sense.